PDA

View Full Version : Concentrating on the positives

mcwill
4th October 2013, 08:34 AM
Ignoring the delivery confusion, this is what I'm hoping for in my new E-M1. (Currently using an E-620 with 12-60 & 50-200 lenses.)

Larger viewfinder - I was impressed with the clarity & size of the viewfinder on the E-5 that I hired from Ian, so am hoping the E-M1 is closer to the E-5 than E-620.

Low light performance - A lot of my photos are taken when the british weather is doing it's usual grey overcast performance. Any improvement here will be very welcome.

Toe in the door to micro 4/3 - The 50-200 is my favourite lens and would be reluctant to move to a camera that wouldn't work as well as the E-620, the E-M1 appears to be that ONE.

I would love to hear back from those of you lucky to have played with the one; does it deliver on the promises?

simonknee
4th October 2013, 09:12 AM
Viewfinder is HUUUGE compaerd to my E520/420. They have tunnel vision by comparison.

The folks that took along 50-200 to the demo day seemed impressed - though perhaps not quite as good as E-5. Now I have a 50-200 (non-SWD) this will be one of the first things I try out later today... (I hope)

Simon

mcwill
4th October 2013, 10:03 AM
Viewfinder is HUUUGE compaerd to my E520/420. They have tunnel vision by comparison.

Sounds good :D

Ian
4th October 2013, 10:11 AM
The E-M1 viewfinder is actually significantly larger in view than the E-3/E-5 and in fact larger than the Nikon D800 full frame DSLR.

Low light performance is also markedly better than the E-620 and I am confident that you will be happy with the 50-200 fitted vua MMF-3 to an E-M1 :)

Ian

Ignoring the delivery confusion, this is what I'm hoping for in my new E-M1. (Currently using an E-620 with 12-60 & 50-200 lenses.)

Larger viewfinder - I was impressed with the clarity & size of the viewfinder on the E-5 that I hired from Ian, so am hoping the E-M1 is closer to the E-5 than E-620.

Low light performance - A lot of my photos are taken when the british weather is doing it's usual grey overcast performance. Any improvement here will be very welcome.

Toe in the door to micro 4/3 - The 50-200 is my favourite lens and would be reluctant to move to a camera that wouldn't work as well as the E-620, the E-M1 appears to be that ONE.

I would love to hear back from those of you lucky to have played with the one; does it deliver on the promises?

photo_owl
4th October 2013, 10:25 AM
so that's -

huge viewfinder
huge improvement in low light shooting ability all round
and if you stick a huge lens on the front it will cope.......

I have the non-swd 50-200 and, to be honest, it carries my lowest expectation in terms of AF speed going from an E3/E30 of all my glass. That said, the 35-100 was a revelation so anythings possible!

mcwill
4th October 2013, 10:29 AM
Two huge and a maybe sound pretty promising.

I know the E-620 wasn't as fast to focus as the E-5 with my 50-200 swd so there is still a chance the one will better focus speed as well!