PDA

View Full Version : It's on its way!

Pages : [1] 2

Xenon
1st October 2013, 09:16 PM
My credit card has been charged, so it looks as though my E-M1 is going to arrive soon :D

brian1208
1st October 2013, 09:30 PM
lucky beggar! :D

Olybirder
1st October 2013, 09:44 PM
Nice one Xenon. All that and a discounted price too! I just checked my bank account but nothing has happened yet.

Ron

Shaw
1st October 2013, 10:13 PM
My credit card has also been charged. Hopefully it won't be too long now!

simonknee
1st October 2013, 11:13 PM
Oooo ooo. Me too. Olympus eshop just took payment. :-D

Grumpy Hec
2nd October 2013, 06:51 AM
Don't wish to depress people but my credit card was debited as soon as I placed my order direct from Olympus on the 11th Sept. I have since paid my credit card bill so I have in fact paid for the camera and as yet do not have delivery date. This is not normally something I would do.

On that basis I'm not sure you can read anything to the appearance of a charge on your credit card.

Just checked the progress of my order on the Olympus site and it's there in all it's glory but no mention of any delivery date or order status other than the contents of the order and the date. Not a great deal of help really.

Hec

ian p
2nd October 2013, 07:17 AM
Mine is due to arrive in late 2014. I usually buy cameras just before the price drops.

Melaka
2nd October 2013, 08:15 AM
Taken from my card on 30th September! I must now sell some gear to fund it.

Shaw
2nd October 2013, 08:27 AM
Don't wish to depress people

Hec

I think you just have done! :(

Olybirder
2nd October 2013, 08:38 AM
My card has been debited too this morning. Either things are beginning to happen or Olympus is about to do a runner with our money. Only joking! :)

Ron

ian p
2nd October 2013, 08:42 AM
Woodford's revenge!

Ian
2nd October 2013, 09:04 AM
Hmmmm... looks like I will be the only one without one! :D

Ian

photo_owl
2nd October 2013, 10:34 AM
Hmmmm... looks like I will be the only one without one! :D

Ian

I somehow doubt it ...*chr

Grumpy Hec
2nd October 2013, 01:18 PM
I think you just have done! :(

Eeekk - sorry - please forgive

Shaw
2nd October 2013, 01:27 PM
Eeekk - sorry - please forgive

Just kidding! *chr

bredman
2nd October 2013, 02:40 PM
The first shipped will be the body only or the 12-50 kits. The 12-40 kits will be later in the month. So i was told.

Chevvyf1
2nd October 2013, 03:18 PM
A little bird says "they are in the UK ... but have to clear Customs ...

then they go to WAREHOUSE as STOCK and onward to Dealers from Warehouse so about 14/15th October we should be getting an email from our Dealer about our order to be shipped ...

Actually, its a big bird ...

brian1208
2nd October 2013, 03:37 PM
14/15th October

too late - I want it for my Thruxton shoot on the 12th!:p

StephenL
2nd October 2013, 03:44 PM
Hmm ... that's not what SRS told me just now. They said they were expecting a very few today, but they weren't on the courier's van. But they are definitely in transit to dealers.

But I'm too far down the list for the first tranche anyway...

Chevvyf1
2nd October 2013, 03:55 PM
too late - I want it for my Thruxton shoot on the 12th!:p

MAYBE if you offer to COLLECT IT :) save them Courier fee :) and get it earlier ... *chr

wellyboot
2nd October 2013, 04:05 PM
Hmm ... that's not what SRS told me just now. They said they were expecting a very few today, but they weren't on the courier's van. But they are definitely in transit to dealers.

But I'm too far down the list for the first tranche anyway...

As we ordered at the same time Stephen, did SRS give you any idea when yours might arrive?
I've never pre-ordered a camera before so I'm getting very impatient now!!

StephenL
2nd October 2013, 04:19 PM
As we ordered at the same time Stephen, did SRS give you any idea when yours might arrive?
I've never pre-ordered a camera before so I'm getting very impatient now!!
No, they know not of timings of future orders yet.

Xenon
2nd October 2013, 04:24 PM
For those of us waiting for a delivery from Olympus direct, presumably we just have to wait for customs, or is there a UK distributor per se?

Exciting times!! ;)

wellyboot
2nd October 2013, 04:27 PM
No, they know not of timings of future orders yet.

That's a shame! So it could be a while I guess. My husband says it's like Christmas, but the thing about Christmas is that you know what date it falls on!
What's that old rhyme...
Patience is a virtue
Possess it if you can
Seldom found in woman
Never found in man

I think I must have a male brain then!!
I'm going to try not to think about it, and do the ironing instead :D

StephenL
2nd October 2013, 05:28 PM
I'm going to try not to think about it, and do the ironing instead :D
You can completely forget about it by doing our ironing as well! :D

Olybirder
2nd October 2013, 05:33 PM
You can completely forget about it by doing our ironing as well! :D
Judging by all the reviews I have seen of it being dunked in water, I assume it can do most of the domestic chores, from ironing, to bathing the baby and washing the family car. ;)

Ron

Xenon
2nd October 2013, 05:35 PM
Judging by all the reviews I have seen of it being dunked in water, I assume it can do most of the domestic chores, from ironing, to bathing the baby and washing the family car. ;)

Ron

If it can iron, I'm going to give it a nickname.....Kryten! :D

simonknee
2nd October 2013, 05:42 PM
For those of us waiting for a delivery from Olympus direct, presumably we just have to wait for customs, or is there a UK distributor per se?

Exciting times!! ;)

According to the online shop it's delivered by DHL. I think there is a central European distribution base (can't remember why I think this) which means once it is the EU there should be no further customs issues.

So the race is on! Will the online orderers beat the local camera shoppers???

brian1208
2nd October 2013, 05:43 PM
I think I may call mine "Marvin" (or "Deep Thought" )

(I was always a Hitchhikers fan :) )

Olybirder
2nd October 2013, 05:46 PM
I think I may call mine "Marvin" (or "Deep Thought" )

(I was always a Hitchhikers fan :) )
Yes, it does appear to have a brain the size of a planet. I just hope mine is not depressed!

Ron

wellyboot
2nd October 2013, 10:26 PM
I've started something now with my talk of ironing!:D
And sorry Stephen, doing ours is more than enough.
I do like the idea of naming the little chap when he arrives though. Much better to have a name than a model number! Perhaps thinking of a name will curb my impatience!;)

pdk42
2nd October 2013, 10:54 PM
Im very jealous of you all! But seriously - enjoy and tell us all about it.

PS - I'm very impressed by the correct use of its and it's in the title !!

Phill D
2nd October 2013, 10:59 PM
No sign of mine yet from SRS. Their website still says out of stock on order :(
Nothing charged to my card yet either.
Just need to be patient I guess.

StephenL
3rd October 2013, 06:40 AM
SRS won't charge your card till they've phoned you to confirm you want the camera that they have in stock. At least, that's what they usually do.

Grumpy Hec
3rd October 2013, 06:49 AM
If it can iron, I'm going to give it a nickname.....Kryten! :D

Didn't know it had a groinal attachment :D

Xenon
3rd October 2013, 06:54 AM
Didn't know it had a groinal attachment :D

I'm sure it has many "useful" add ons yet to be discovered ;)

mcwill
3rd October 2013, 07:18 AM
I've just checked and my c/card was also charged on the 30th Sep.

Sorry if its a silly question, but if our cameras have been shipped shouldn't we have received a dispatch email from Olympus with the DHL consignment no?

I've not ordered from Olympus direct before, I normally go to WEX who do email out the shipment notification. Just trying to find a reason to temper my excitement that it may be here in time to play this weekend. :)

timd1230
3rd October 2013, 07:36 AM
Word I heard was a VERY small shipment may get to uk this week

Xenon
3rd October 2013, 07:51 AM
Sorry if its a silly question, but if our cameras have been shipped shouldn't we have received a dispatch email from Olympus with the DHL consignment no?

I

The point is that Olympus told me they would NOT take the money from my card until the goods were about to be sent, and equally I would expect some notification of an imminent delivery, which I haven't received!

First time I've ordered from Olympus directly, and I'm not going to be impressed if it takes another week +++ to get here :(

bilbo
3rd October 2013, 08:06 AM
There's many a slip twixt debit and delivery...

Keep calm people. :cool:

Xenon
3rd October 2013, 08:09 AM
There's many a slip twixt debit and delivery...

Keep calm people. :cool:

Speaking for myself it's not so much a case of keeping calm...I have another camera... but I don't like being misled!

I would happily wait if told there was a delay, but by taking my money Olympus have signified the goods are being sent...unless they were being disingenuous.

bilbo
3rd October 2013, 08:41 AM
... but I don't like being misled!...and you don't know that you have been. Personally I haven't been given a definite delivery date (have you?) so I can say with 100% certainty that I haven't been misled. And yes, my card has been debited.

Xenon
3rd October 2013, 08:47 AM
...and you don't know that you have been. Personally I haven't been given a definite delivery date (have you?) so I can say with 100% certainty that I haven't been misled. And yes, my card has been debited.

As I said, Brian, I was told by Olympus support that my card would only be debited "once the goods had been sent", so unless they arrive, without notice, or until I receive an e-mail to suggest imminent delivery...yes...I have been misled.

To be pedantic, I was originally told to expect delivery within 14 days....not that I held much store by that, but I think I have grounds to be ever so slightly miffed if there are delays?

They had a charge against my card, and normal, good, practice is only to debit the card as the goods are sent.

:)

simonknee
3rd October 2013, 08:50 AM
I think we will be pleasantly surprised before the end of the week Xenon. None of us have emails afaik. The website says 2-5 days shipping - so we are still on track. I am happy they have taken money as it does imply that it is on the way. Keep an eye out for that DHL truck! Hang tight folks!

simonknee
3rd October 2013, 08:57 AM
It is arriving in the EU as we type... http://www.43rumors.com/early-e-m1-preorders-now-shipping-in-us-and-eu/ (well display boxes are anyway :-))... ours just need to cross the channel...

Xenon
3rd October 2013, 08:58 AM
I think we will be pleasantly surprised before the end of the week Xenon. None of us have emails afaik. The website says 2-5 days shipping - so we are still on track. I am happy they have taken money as it does imply that it is on the way. Keep an eye out for that DHL truck! Hang tight folks!

Let's hope you're correct :)

I'm trying to remember the last time I ordered from Olympus. Did I receive notice of shipment? Not sure tbh.

Xenon
3rd October 2013, 09:08 AM
I have now checked with Olympus...apparently supplies are indeed reaching the UK, and NO we will not receive notice of shipment...the parcel will just arrive!

I was told by the end of this week, or early next week.

New camera and fibre broadband here in quick succession...so Christmas has come early ;)

mcwill
3rd October 2013, 09:19 AM
So who will be first with a "It's here!" posting :)

Desperately hoping the "free" mmf-3 is included in the same shipment.

jamsa
3rd October 2013, 09:31 AM
Need a decent camera for next week and it looks like I will be disappointed! C'mon Olympus...a wee bit of communication would be good!!

Melaka
3rd October 2013, 11:29 AM
SRS phoned to say they have some in stock but in the meantime I had ordered online from Oly - hope they deliver today too!

jamsa
3rd October 2013, 11:40 AM
Just the body?

simonknee
3rd October 2013, 11:51 AM
Just the body?
Almost certainly I'd have thought.

StephenL
3rd October 2013, 11:54 AM
Almost certainly I'd have thought.

Bodies and kits with the 12-50 should be shipping at the same time. I don't think there's a shortage of that lens.

DerekC
3rd October 2013, 12:04 PM
SRS have took my payment it will be shipped today. Hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow. :D

There 1st delivery has been bodies with 12-50 lens, so the are taking the lens out for body only customers.

wellyboot
3rd October 2013, 12:18 PM
Looks like it will be a while for us then Stephen, if the first batch are being sent out!! :( Unless you've had a call that is!!

StephenL
3rd October 2013, 12:49 PM
Looks like it will be a while for us then Stephen, if the first batch are being sent out!! :( Unless you've had a call that is!!
No, I was told yesterday that the first batch was very small and I certainly wouldn't be in it (unless dozens of people cancelled!). They may be getting another batch next week. But they won't know until a day or so before they arrive.

David Morison
3rd October 2013, 12:54 PM
SRS have just emailed to say mine has been dispatched by Parcelforce!

David

StephenL
3rd October 2013, 01:03 PM
So, by the time I get mine, I expect a detailed list of "best configuration settings" from all you lucky early recipients!

Chevvyf1
3rd October 2013, 01:12 PM
I have one arriving tomorrow :) :D

and one available from Park Cameras - anyone want it ?

jamsa
3rd October 2013, 01:19 PM
I regret ordering my one with the 12-40 lens now!!

brian1208
3rd October 2013, 01:33 PM
and one available from Park Cameras - anyone want it ?

I just rang Park Cameras and all their stock has been allocated - got me all excited for a moment chevvy :)

WEX still don't have them in stock yet :(

Chevvyf1
3rd October 2013, 02:23 PM
my uk pre order has now gone to another member :)

Chevvyf1
3rd October 2013, 02:24 PM
I just rang Park Cameras and all their stock has been allocated - got me all excited for a moment chevvy :)

WEX still don't have them in stock yet :(

Brian, THIS ONE is allocated ... to me :) :eek:

gazza95
3rd October 2013, 02:25 PM
and my pre-order to Park did not make the first batch. Must be quite a few waiting.

StephenL
3rd October 2013, 02:33 PM
There have been a record number of pre-orders, I believe. More than for the E-M5. Of course, this number may be distorted by "spread betting".

jamsa
3rd October 2013, 02:45 PM
There have been a record number of pre-orders, I believe. More than for the E-M5. Of course, this number may be distorted by "spread betting".

I had to pay a hefty deposit... so "spread betting" out of my league!

StephenL
3rd October 2013, 02:54 PM
I had to pay a hefty deposit... so "spread betting" out of my league!
From whom? SRS for one don't request deposits. :)

Ann1e
3rd October 2013, 03:04 PM
So who will be first with a "It's here!" posting :)

Desperately hoping the "free" mmf-3 is included in the same shipment.

Me, me, me! It's here - even if I did have to pick it up myself from SRS! :D

If your order is with a retailer, you need to claim your 'freebies' by post to Germany - not sure if that is the same if you order direct from Olympus.

Regards, Ann1e

bilbo
3rd October 2013, 03:06 PM

If your order is with a retailer, you need to claim your 'freebies' by post to Germany - not sure if that is the same if you order direct from Olympus.

Regards, Ann1eso I wonder who will be the first to post an actual image? :)

mcwill
3rd October 2013, 03:07 PM

You can't get away with just that...

Pictures, thoughts, something for us to drool over please!

StephenL
3rd October 2013, 03:09 PM
You can't get away with just that...

Pictures, thoughts, something for us to drool over please!

Absolutely! You should have dropped in for a brew on your way back!

Ian
3rd October 2013, 03:12 PM

Regards, Ann1e

Well done Grand Prix Ann1e :) That '1' in your name has even more meaning! :D

Ian

bilbo
3rd October 2013, 03:13 PM
Well done Grand Prix Ann1e :) That '1' in your name has even more meaning! :D

IanNot until she posts her 1st picture (with exif!) :D

Ann1e
3rd October 2013, 03:16 PM
Only just back in the house - just think if we had taken up Stephen's offer of a brew en route, his portrait could have been my first posting! *chr

Regards,
Ann1e

StephenL
3rd October 2013, 03:18 PM
Only just back in the house - just think if we had taken up Stephen's offer of a brew en route, his portrait could have been my first posting! *chr

Regards,
Ann1e

No, you don't want to do THAT to the poor camera; not so soon! :eek:

Ian
3rd October 2013, 03:25 PM
Ann1e - we'll have to call you 'Vettel' from now on and - please everyone - no booing allowed :D (F1 joke!)

Ian

jamsa
3rd October 2013, 03:25 PM
From whom? SRS for one don't request deposits. :)

Ffordes...

StephenL
3rd October 2013, 03:33 PM
Ffordes...

Mind you, can't say I blame them.

SRS have just emailed to say they may be phoning me tomorrow ....

Hope I'm in - have to collect the car from the service place tomorrow. Then a quick flit along the road ...

Alpha1
3rd October 2013, 03:36 PM
Received a call this pm and collecting mine from my local dealer early tomorrow! *chr

paullus
3rd October 2013, 03:55 PM
I've got one!

Well I've got a genuine Olympus BLN-1 battery which I ordered from Amazon in breathless anticipation to go into the HLD-7. It only cost me £39.59 inc. P&P.

Sorry:D

Just checked my order at the Olympus shop and there's no change*sob

timd1230
3rd October 2013, 04:12 PM
Had confirmation mine is in !! - Collecting from Dave at London Camera Exchange in Colchester Tomorrow Morning

DerekW
3rd October 2013, 04:24 PM
And now we are waiting for the first of the faults to be reported - I remember the excitement and hype over the E3 followed by the worldwide cries of disappointment.

wellyboot
3rd October 2013, 04:27 PM
And now we are waiting for the first of the faults to be reported - I remember the excitement and hype over the E3 followed by the worldwide cries of disappointment.
Please don't say that!! :(

brian1208
3rd October 2013, 04:35 PM
the biggest fault so far is that a lot of us are STILL WAITING!

(I feel like a kid watching all his mates out on their new bikes at Christmas, when he is stuck with his old rusty model from last year :D )

timd1230
3rd October 2013, 04:37 PM
Always Faults and firmware fixes - Did anyone else see the extract from an interview with olympus basically saying that the full software set is not fully developed.

http://www.43rumors.com/more-terada-interviews-no-silver-e-m1-coming-we-do-not-exclude-a-full-frame-future/

DavyG
3rd October 2013, 04:44 PM
Had confirmation mine is in !! - Collecting from Dave at London Camera Exchange in Colchester Tomorrow Morning

Thanks for the update.

Did you order the body only or a 20 - 40 kit?

I've spoken with Dave since I posted the above, it looks like the 12- 40 kits won't arrive until the beginning of November.

Phill D
3rd October 2013, 07:49 PM
Didn't get a phone call but the email from SRS said it's on its way Woohoo *yes

timd1230
3rd October 2013, 08:03 PM
I have both on order (Is that Greedy ??) - from 2 locations this is the body only as expected - I paid in full when the order was placed - Kits are expected late oct / early nov. I know the first shipmentinto the UK was expected to be Very Small!!

jamsa
3rd October 2013, 08:11 PM
Frankly I am very disappointed with Olympus for not keeping their loyal users updated.... When we invest a great deal of money and for me a huge proportion of my income in a product I would expect some official statement with details. It's the one thing that is putting me off ever pre ordering from Olympus again....

simonknee
3rd October 2013, 08:17 PM
Have you called ffordes, jamsa? They will be the ones who can tell you something since they have your order.

StephenL
3rd October 2013, 08:22 PM
Frankly I am very disappointed with Olympus for not keeping their loyal users updated.... When we invest a great deal of money and for me a huge proportion of my income in a product I would expect some official statement with details. It's the one thing that is putting me off ever pre ordering from Olympus again....

Think yourself lucky the waiting time is not the same as when the E-M5 was announced. I think I had to wait about 3 months, and I was one of the first to pre-order.

banjukes
3rd October 2013, 08:31 PM
The excitement is electric, not unlike Christmas eve and I don't blame you, so would I. I expect the forum to be choc-a-block with samples from your new cameras over the next few days and I look forward to seeing them. From what I have read it's a super camera and once you get it in your hands it will be difficult to put it back in it's case. I can also foresee that some of you might have to make a serious decision/choice!!
"The camera or the Mrs." *yes Only joking. It will be fantastic, enjoy, enjoy!

jamsa
3rd October 2013, 08:32 PM
Have you called ffordes, jamsa? They will be the ones who can tell you something since they have your order.

Yes I have the answer is we will let you know if we hear anything and they haven't which means they are as much in the dark as I am...:(

simonknee
3rd October 2013, 08:38 PM
I think you have to console yourself with the fact that if you ordered one today you would probably have to wait many months for a camera. Yet you should be on course for one in the next few days (as long as you are high on ffordes own waiting list of course)

bassman
3rd October 2013, 11:06 PM
Wex is currently showing the EM-1 with 12-50mm lens, in stock. Have ordered the 12-40 kit myself, it's really tough waiting !

timd1230
4th October 2013, 12:49 AM
If you want the body would be a quick fix and sell 12-50

Vulcan1500
4th October 2013, 01:14 AM
I Got the bug myself and ordered from Adorama a couple of hours ago. Can't wait,

brian1208
4th October 2013, 03:37 AM
Wex is currently showing the EM-1 with 12-50mm lens, in stock. Have ordered the 12-40 kit myself, it's really tough waiting !

what a bummer, they have that but no body only packs showing (which of course is what I have on order! :( )

brian1208
4th October 2013, 07:49 AM
interesting that by 8.20 this morning the EM-1 + kit is now showing "awaiting stock"

I do hope they get a move on, I have this shoot coming up on Saturday when I would like to have the EM-1 and a nasty feeling that by the time I get the camera the "Limited Stocks" of grip and adapter will have been emptied (and I will miss the offer, as I did with the EM-5 :( )

Mark Thackara
4th October 2013, 09:24 AM
Can you give me more specifics please.

We are supplying through our online shop as well as our dealers as you know and are trying to be fair to all.

Allocations are spread initially across all stockists who have placed orders to try and make sure everyone has a crack geographically. We also ask our authorised dealers to give us feedback on confirmed orders from customers and our priority is to ensure customer pre-orders are fulfilled as quickly as possible. The online shop does not get a special preference, it is treated as one dealer in effect.

Demand at the start always far exceeds supply on a hot product like this and all the above means it is not always easy to give specific info.

MT

mcwill
4th October 2013, 09:42 AM
Hi Mark,

My suggestion would be that the Olympus Shop is sorely lacking an Order Status facility.

I believe the confusion arose because those who pre-ordered discovered their c/card had been charged on the 30th and therefore assumed in the absence to information to the contrary that their order had been shipped. If an order status page had been available we could then have obtained the tracking reference to keep an eye on the shipment or discovered that the order had been allocated a planned dispatch date.

Personally I was anxious that a high value (to me) item had been shipped to me but I had not received it and had no way of checking its status. It wouldn't be the first time a delivery to myself had gone missing or delivered to the wrong address.

Regards,
Iain

Xenon
4th October 2013, 09:55 AM

We are supplying through our online shop as well as our dealers as you know and are trying to be fair to all.

Allocations are spread initially across all stockists who have placed orders to try and make sure everyone has a crack geographically. We also ask our authorised dealers to give us feedback on confirmed orders from customers and our priority is to ensure customer pre-orders are fulfilled as quickly as possible. The online shop does not get a special preference, it is treated as one dealer in effect.

Demand at the start always far exceeds supply on a hot product like this and all the above means it is not always easy to give specific info.

MT

Mark,
This is a shambles!

Just been told that despite ordering on 11th Sept. from Olympus, and having my card debited on 30 September, my order is "out of stock"!!!

I phoned support yesterday and was told that I would receive it, and not to worry as no dispatch note would be sent.

Today it is on back order!

Ironically I was phoned by a dealer offering me one in shop if I was interested.

Sounds as if early on-line direct orders via your shop have not been prioritized. :(

Mark Thackara
4th October 2013, 09:58 AM
Thanks Iain

Agreed not perfect - I will feed this back thanks

MT

Hi Mark,

My suggestion would be that the Olympus Shop is sorely lacking an Order Status facility.

I believe the confusion arose because those who pre-ordered discovered their c/card had been charged on the 30th and therefore assumed in the absence to information to the contrary that their order had been shipped. If an order status page had been available we could then have obtained the tracking reference to keep an eye on the shipment or discovered that the order had been allocated a planned dispatch date.

Personally I was anxious that a high value (to me) item had been shipped to me but I had not received it and had no way of checking its status. It wouldn't be the first time a delivery to myself had gone missing or delivered to the wrong address.

Regards,
Iain

Grumpy Hec
4th October 2013, 10:01 AM
Hi Mark,

Regards,
Iain

and to expand on this. I had to chase today to discover that the item I ordered and actually paid for on 11th Sept is likely to be shipped from Belgium today.

Three issues here.

One - I had to chase. I should not have to. On the plus side the lady was very pleasant and helpful and promised to phone me with the DHL tracking number today. Also I will get the HLD-7 amd MMF-3 in the same package unlike the people buying via a dealer which is a significant advantage if like me you will be using 43 lenses. That is largely why I ordered this way in fact.

Two - I paid on 11th Sept. Normally when delivery dates are unpredictable payment is not taken until say one day before. At the least some information via email would be considered as standard.

Three - If the Olympus direct orders are being treated the same as dealers why was mine not shipped two or three days ago such that it is delivered today as many who have bought from dealers are experiencing. Mine will not now arrive until I guess Mon or Tues at best as it is coming from Belgium.

Hec

bilbo
4th October 2013, 10:04 AM
Hi Mark,

Mark

Firstly let me say that personally I'm quite happy to wait for Olympus to deliver the camera. You have charged my credit card and I'm sure you are going to deliver soon.

However, it has to be said that the information flow from Olympus isn't very good. The website has no order status information. In this day and age people expect to be kept up to date.

SRS and LCE seem to be providing a good customer experience - better than Olympus. They are calling and emailing their customers. Customers of the Olympus online shop have no idea when their camera is going to arrive, which is causing a lot of the frustration evident here. I suspect that DHL will be leaving many attempted delivery cards...

I'm sure that you understand all of this Mark.

jamsa
4th October 2013, 10:06 AM
I rung my local retailer to enquire on expected delivery, the reply was "when we hear anything or receive delivery we will let you know" but that they had heard nothing from Olympus with a delivery date.
On the demonstration day I was told that the camera would be available from 1st October but the lens kit options by mid October due to a slight delay with the 12-40. I therefore placed my order and a deposit was taken...
Since then I have only read on this forum about possible delays or estimated dates but a formal statement would have eased the frustration of not knowing when I could expect to receive the order.

(With a wedding mid October, the wish is to have the camera by then.) But without any formal dates provided by Olympus the "not knowing" is frustrating to say the least.

I wonder if the solution was to have a publicly announced release date which was the date that you shipped it out to all retailers...ie the same date to all and if it was in limited supply then to have two or more batch release dates so that as to who is getting what on what date will be helpful.

MT

anroo
4th October 2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks Iain

Agreed not perfect - I will feed this back thanks

MT

Mark, Is it possible to give an update on when the 12-40 kits might arrive at UK dealers. I have one on order from SRS and am off on a major trip to Australia/NZ on 25th October. I know that earlier they were not expected until mid November but you can always hope!

drmarkf
4th October 2013, 03:29 PM
Yay - mine's arrived from SRS, and I've still got a couple of hours to charge batteries and download the manual to the iPad before heading out again for the weekend :D

My E-M5's off having its sensor replaced, so this is going to be a bit of a voyage of discovery...

SRS included a nice Oly backpack plus an extra BLN-1, which weren't mentioned on their site or in any of the emails when I ordered (although colleagues here had mentioned that they had been listed as included earlier).

Xenon
4th October 2013, 03:31 PM
Yay - mine's arrived from SRS, and I've still got a couple of hours to charge batteries and download the manual to the iPad before heading out again for the weekend :D

My E-M5's off having its sensor replaced, so this is going to be a bit of a voyage of discovery...

SRS included a nice Oly backpack plus an extra BLN-1, which weren't mentioned on their site or in any of the emails when I ordered (although colleagues here had mentioned that they had been listed as included earlier).

Enjoy it Mark, and look forward to your thoughts...and pictures in due course :D

andym
4th October 2013, 03:36 PM
I'm still out in Europe until tomorrow, had the mail from SRS yesterday to say they had one for me.
I asked them to put it out for delivery today,which they confirmed.So should be with me tomorrow or Monday.:):):)

jamsa
4th October 2013, 04:01 PM
Olympus need to review the way they promote and launch product....
I have been using Olympus digital cameras ever since the C-2100UZ. But having promoted and encouraged others to buy Olympus, my loyalty has been tested with the poor communication and now obvious mixed results with some retailers getting orders out and others not so. Also that some requested deposits and others not.... I have learned a big lesson and sadly I am even thinking of cancellation of my order as I obviously fooled myself into too much hope for a quick delivery. I thought the info from the demonstration day was to be taken as "fact" but this was wrong of me to think it so.

timd1230
4th October 2013, 04:07 PM
Collected mine fro LCE Colchester today - received the service I was hoping for and checked it was all working before leaving !! as always I ended up buying something extra - thanks Dave!!

Cannot fault the service or attention to detail - Cameras rather nice too

Alpha1
4th October 2013, 04:53 PM
I collected mine from LCE at Southampton and received the usual friendly support. It was already waiting for me at 09.15 this morning! :D

I have very quickly set up the camera and put on my mZuiko 75-300 mk2 and set it to C-AF and it certainly focuses much faster and seems to keep going as long as you keep a finger on the shutter! However the images were not as sharp as I like so I will use my trusty Panasonic 100-300 tomorrow and see hoe that does.

To be fair the Oly 75-300 has never satisfied me as far as sharpness or focusing speed is concerned and the Panny 100-300 beats it all the time. Maybe I will take the Oly lens back for checking out by Olympus as I may just have a bad copy as it has not really performed on two EM5's and now the EM1.:mad:

bredman
4th October 2013, 05:23 PM
I'm happy to wait for the camera/12-40 kit. But i do want a fair crack at the battery grip and adapter. I read upthread someone stated supplies of the grip are limited - i hope that is not the case as that isn't how i read the original offers.

jamsa
4th October 2013, 05:28 PM
I'm happy to wait for the camera/12-40 kit. But i do want a fair crack at the battery grip and adapter. I read upthread someone stated supplies of the grip are limited - i hope that is not the case as that isn't how i read the original offers.

I agree..

there is a worry as it was "whilst stocks last" but as I ordered the same day as the demo day I would have expected that not to matter and there should be stock to match all that take up the offer...
I am contemplating giving up on the order though as I am a very enthusiastic photographer that loathes not having a good camera when I see photo opportunities pass me by....and I do not agree with rewarding poor communication...

Simon
4th October 2013, 05:32 PM
Had a call from Harrisons in Sheffield today - they've got one but its a 12-50 kit ( I pre-ordered body only). Since they're not splitting the kit it was a question of, do I have it now with a lens I'll have to sell (and therefore lose about £80), or do I wait....

...so I'm waiting. How's that for restraint? (or perhaps its how's that for being dumb. I'm not quite sure which).

jamsa
4th October 2013, 05:38 PM
Why not deliver the body only to everyone right now and then sort the 12-40 and 12-50 kits lens separately.... Most folk will have other lenses they can use....

StephenL
4th October 2013, 05:39 PM
There's a lot of speculation and mis-information (aka panic) floating around this forum just now. I would suggest that if someone is officially denied the offers yet they complied with the rules of pre-registration, then they mention it to Ian and/or Mark, who I am sure will do all they can to sort it out - officially.

StephenL
4th October 2013, 05:41 PM
Why not deliver the body only to everyone right now and then sort the 12-40 and 12-50 kits lens separately.... Most folk will have other lenses they can use....
Because that would deny the camera to people who are moving from other marques. That would hardly be a good sales ploy!

Zuiko
4th October 2013, 05:45 PM
I wonder when the first secondhand E-M1 will surface? :D

That's my supply chain and I expect to take delivery in about 2 to 3 years. *chr

dogsbody
4th October 2013, 06:08 PM
how many more times do I have to check my phone for that call from SRS? No camera syndrome is beginning to get to me.

To cap it all I have worked in Watford two days this week

is there an 'emoticon' for a man chewing his arm off?

*pnc

StephenL
4th October 2013, 06:11 PM
how many more times do I have to check my phone for that call from SRS? No camera syndrome is beginning to get to me.

To cap it all I have worked in Watford two days this week

is there an 'emoticon' for a man chewing his arm off?

*pnc
For what it's worth, SRS were expecting a second delivery today, including mine, but it seems it didn't materialise. Maybe Monday? :(

Olybirder
4th October 2013, 06:11 PM
No phone call from the Olympus rep this afternoon but I didn't really expect one as he said they are very busy. I have decided that if it arrives without the grip and converter it is going straight back again. :(

Ron

brian1208
4th October 2013, 06:12 PM
I see that WEX have now changed their expected delivery date for the body only to "Late October" with the 12-50 kit for "October" (they have already had at least one come in and out overnight last night)

I do wonder what they are playing at when the likes of SRS and LCE seem to be handling things so much better

George Dorn
4th October 2013, 06:15 PM
Woo-hoo! Phone call with a Sheffield area code..

Harrison Cameras have two 12-50 kits in stock and, since I ordered a body only, would I like a kit in stead?

D'oh! Thanks for the offer, anyway.

dogsbody
4th October 2013, 06:15 PM
For what it's worth, SRS were expecting a second delivery today, including mine, but it seems it didn't materialise. Maybe Monday? :(

I just wonder if the courier may arrive tomorrow?

dogsbody
4th October 2013, 06:32 PM
The situation is getting worse I have just been told

"Well if your camera does not come then you could do some of those odd jobs"

NOOOOOOO!!:eek:

DerekC
4th October 2013, 06:34 PM
I can't fault SRS superb service. Camera arrived today via Parcel Force. I received a text message with the parcel tracking number.
Also received the Olympus back pack and spare battery as per the offer on their website.

They have been splitting 12-50 kits to supply body only customers.

I ordered on launch day 12th September, so I must have been lucky enough to be near the top of their list.

Just setting the camera up to go out 1st thing in the morning, then a few family shots at nieces wedding tomorrow afternoon.

crimbo
4th October 2013, 06:37 PM
I ordered on the 12th as well but the 12-40 kit...so...we wait...

jamsa
4th October 2013, 06:47 PM
I did not see the SRS offer but ordered from Ffordes who required a minimum of a deposit or the whole of the payment.... I wish I had also gone with SRS now... But looks like if the body is now in short supply already there might be further delays on the 12-40 kit?...
All it would take is for Olympus UK to make a statement with an honest timescale to alleviate some of folks concerns....

StephenL
4th October 2013, 07:15 PM
All new cameras are in short supply immediately after launch. It's a fact of life. And Olympus are a much smaller company than Canon and Nikon, so cannot produce enough cameras from day one. It was the same, or worse, with the E-M5. C'est la vie!

Phill D
4th October 2013, 07:28 PM
Camera arrived safely mid morning with SRS extras, brilliant service, but unfortunately I didn't get back from work until the sun had gone down :( battery charging now & reading the manual with a glass of red wine. Hope it's nice tomorrow.

Wee man
4th October 2013, 07:40 PM
John I hope you have a 2-3 year preorder in for your previously owned model as they could be in short supply!

bredman
4th October 2013, 07:54 PM
I ordered on the 12th as well but the 12-40 kit...so...we wait...

I think i may be after you in the queue, possibly before you. I was told i was 10th. So now i'm wondering do i get it before ... or after crimbo. :rolleyes:

Zuiko
4th October 2013, 08:28 PM
I did not see the SRS offer but ordered from Ffordes who required a minimum of a deposit or the whole of the payment.... I wish I had also gone with SRS now... But looks like if the body is now in short supply already there might be further delays on the 12-40 kit?...
All it would take is for Olympus UK to make a statement with an honest timescale to alleviate some of folks concerns....

It's quite possible that Olympus UK don't know the situation themselves; no doubt they are competing against the rest of the world for scarce supplies and the situation is probably changing daily, if not hourly.

jamsa
4th October 2013, 08:51 PM
Well they could say that.... ;-)

David Morison
4th October 2013, 09:12 PM
I can't fault SRS superb service. Camera arrived today via Parcel Force. I received a text message with the parcel tracking number.
Also received the Olympus back pack and spare battery as per the offer on their website.

They have been splitting 12-50 kits to supply body only customers.

I ordered on launch day 12th September, so I must have been lucky enough to be near the top of their list.

Me too.

David

Olybirder
5th October 2013, 11:01 AM
If, as looks increasingly likely, my camera eventually arrives from the Olympus shop without the grip and adapter, I wonder if it would be possible to redeem the offer, as for other retailers, by sending off a copy of the invoice? That is assuming that they actually provide an invoice! It would add to the delay, which is annoying as I don't have any m4/3 lenses, so can't use the camera without the adapter, but it might be a solution.

It is ironic that I decided to order direct from Olympus as I thought that it would be quicker to use the code online, rather than redeeming by post after delivery.

Ron

dogsbody
6th October 2013, 04:50 PM
The situation is getting worse I have just been told

"Well if your camera does not come then you could do some of those odd jobs"

NOOOOOOO!!:eek:

so it came to pass. No new camera, but our guttering is cleaner than a new lens. And the dog has had a bath too.

ah well there is always next week. But, with an air display at Duxford next weekend if it is still a 'now show' as immature and unjustified as it may sound, my sense of humour will be strained.

But even though I gave up optimism years ago - I am going to stay positive!

simonknee
16th October 2013, 06:04 PM
Time to resurrect this thread since I now have a DHL tracking number from Andre...

It's on the way!

Olybirder
16th October 2013, 06:07 PM
Time to resurrect this thread since I now have a DHL tracking number from Andre...

It's on the way!
When did you receive that? He said in an email yesterday that he would be emailing mine to me at about midday today but I haven't heard anything.

Congratulations, by the way.

Ron

simonknee
16th October 2013, 06:11 PM
Just now. He apologised for being busy today - I expect his pregnant wife had something to do with it! I dropped him an email 30 mins ago and he just got back to me.

....DHL....

1 Shipment information received BRUSSELS - BELGIUM 19:31

Olybirder
16th October 2013, 06:15 PM
Just now. He apologised for being busy today - I expect his pregnant wife had something to do with it! I dropped him an email 30 mins ago and he just got back to me.
Oh, I see. As he is obviously busy I won't bother him now. If I don't receive an email tomorrow morning, I will contact him. Thanks Simon.

Ron

simonknee
16th October 2013, 06:18 PM
This little lot can't wait...

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/1682/IMG_20131016_191457.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/66634)

simonknee
16th October 2013, 06:26 PM
Oh, I see. As he is obviously busy I won't bother him now. If I don't receive an email tomorrow morning, I will contact him. Thanks Simon.

Ron

Actually I would drop him a line now if you want to get your tracking number as he says he will be out of the office until Monday.

Simon

dogsbody
16th October 2013, 06:41 PM
I hope some come SRS's way.

Olybirder
16th October 2013, 06:50 PM
I have just received an apologetic email from Andre. He confirms that the camera was sent today and has given me the shipping number. Unfortunately the good folk in the warehouse couldn't dispatch the grip and adapter with it, as they were not part of the original order. They should be dispatched tomorrow, so probably won't arrive until after the weekend. Never mind, it sounds as if it will be raining here all weekend, so I can read the manual instead.

Ron

simonknee
16th October 2013, 06:52 PM
I hope some come SRS's way.

As I understand it the fact that units are shipping to fulfill online store orders doesn't indicate either way whether dealers will get any further stock. This is all about the first stuff to leave the online store. The dealers actually got their first shipment a week or more before the online store did. Though the HLD-7 and MMF-3 will be arriving in the same shipment.

Anybody know if the grips include extra batteries too?

Simon

Grumpy Hec
16th October 2013, 07:25 PM
As a matter of interest when did you order and when was your card debited by Oly shop. That is if course if you don't mind sharing that info.

I ordered on 11th Sept at 12:45 and my card was debited immediately. However thanks to the kind and excellent efforts of Ian I know that my order will not be in this batch but I'm interested in the criteria used.

I'm assuming you ordered before me in which case good luck to you gentlemen and fair play as supplies are finite.

cheers

Hec

Chevvyf1
16th October 2013, 07:38 PM
As I understand it the fact that units are shipping to fulfill online store orders doesn't indicate either way whether dealers will get any further stock. This is all about the first stuff to leave the online store. The dealers actually got their first shipment a week or more before the online store did. Though the HLD-7 and MMF-3 will be arriving in the same shipment.

Anybody know if the grips include extra batteries too?

Simon

apparently YES !

Olybirder
16th October 2013, 07:38 PM
As a matter of interest when did you order and when was your card debited by Oly shop. That is if course if you don't mind sharing that info.

I ordered on 11th Sept at 12:45 and my card was debited immediately. However thanks to the kind and excellent efforts of Ian I know that my order will not be in this batch but I'm interested in the criteria used.

I'm assuming you ordered before me in which case good luck to you gentlemen and fair play as supplies are finite.

cheers

Hec
I ordered on 11th September at 17.22 and my card was debited on 30th. I don't know what the delay is with yours Hec or why they took the money straight away. Did you order from the online shop or a retailer?

Ron

simonknee
16th October 2013, 07:48 PM

Ordered on the 11th not sure of the time but it was earlier than midday (I got the very, very good price that popped up for an hour or so!). They did not debit until the 30th but they had blocked the funds on the card from the 11th.

Seems like they are respecting the order of the orders. You just seemed to have some bad luck with the payment going straight away Grumpy.

Simon

StephenL
16th October 2013, 07:49 PM
apparently YES !
I'm hoping you're right, but SRS said they weren't included. :confused:

simonknee
16th October 2013, 07:52 PM
I'm hoping you're right, but SRS said they weren't included. :confused:

I hope to be able to tell you tomorrow (though probably Friday). Right now I am reduced to refreshing my DHL tracking page every half-hour. What a sad act.

Phill D
16th October 2013, 07:52 PM
Ditto from me Stephen. I hope Chevvy is right too.
Hec it seems like you got a particularly bad deal I'd say it justifies you being grumpy. I hope Oly do something to cheer you up.

bilbo
16th October 2013, 07:54 PM
I hope to be able to tell you tomorrow (though probably Friday). Right now I am reduced to refreshing my DHL tracking page every half-hour. What a sad act.Just sign up for the SMS alerts and get your life back... :rolleyes:

simonknee
16th October 2013, 07:57 PM
Just sign up for the SMS alerts and get your life back... :rolleyes:

Did that too, but nothing been emailed to me yet so that's no fun :)
EDIT ah I did not see I can have SMS as well, excellent (and pointless so even better)

simonknee
16th October 2013, 09:07 PM
2 Processed at BRUSSELS - BELGIUM BRUSSELS - BELGIUM 22:30

Melaka
16th October 2013, 09:24 PM
It will arrive at Heathrow which is only 20 miles from here! It's almost worth going to collect it on my way to see the stags in Richmond tomorrow. I may just have to make do with the EM5+100-300 though.

simonknee
16th October 2013, 11:28 PM
3 Departed Facility in BRUSSELS - BELGIUM BRUSSELS - BELGIUM 23:21

benvendetta
17th October 2013, 06:05 AM
Bet you all wish that you ordered from a camera store now. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

simonknee
17th October 2013, 07:11 AM
7Arrived at Delivery Facility in LAMBETH - UK LAMBETH - UK06:26

6Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK05:36

5Processed at LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK04:39

4Arrived at Sort Facility LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK04:24

mcwill
17th October 2013, 07:22 AM
But will it update to "With Delivery Courier" today? :)

simonknee
17th October 2013, 07:25 AM
It now less than 5 miles to it's destination...me

Melaka
17th October 2013, 07:38 AM
8 with delivery courier 0754! Will it arrive before I set off for the stags?

Olybirder
17th October 2013, 08:05 AM
Things have moved on while I was sleeping. Mine is now with the delivery courier in Cambridge. Perhaps it will be with me today after all. I hope so, because that means that the other package of the grip and adapter might arrive tomorrow if it is dispatched today. If not, I suppose it will be Monday. I might see if I can get a tracking number for that too.

Ron

simonknee
17th October 2013, 08:07 AM
I'm under the impression it is all in one package.

Olybirder
17th October 2013, 08:12 AM
I'm under the impression it is all in one package.
Normally they are but the warehouse staff were unable to dispatch the promo items with my camera as they were not on the original order, due to me messing up the ordering process. :o They should be sending them Express in a separate package today. If they don't arrive tomorrow I might have a camera which I am unable to use over the weekend as I don't have a lens which will fit. That will 'learn' me to take more care when ordering. :)

Ron

The Saint
17th October 2013, 08:17 AM
I ordered on 11th September at 17.22 and my card was debited on 30th. I don't know what the delay is with yours Hec or why they took the money straight away. Did you order from the online shop or a retailer?

Ron

I ordered mine around the same time as Grumpy, at midday ish on the 11th and not heard anything, so assuming I'm on the second batch.

Would be interesting to know if anyone else is recieving there ONE today/tomorrow who ordered from the shop afterwards. Just for curiousity more than anything (just wonder if Ron has gone out in the first batch because of the issue with the grip and MMF-3 and the necessary intervention that was required by Ian/Mark).

Regards

Simon

simonknee
17th October 2013, 08:18 AM
You really should pay more attention though I think the late Arthur Dent had the same problem....

“But the button you had to click was on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find it.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”

ian p
17th October 2013, 08:19 AM
04:54 am Arrived at depot
07:21 am Collected by driver
07:24 am Dropped by driver
07:24 am Driver: "Oops!, dusts it off, nah! looks OK!"
07:25 am Chucked in back of van
07:28 am Van departs depot

Can't wait for the next exciting episode!

Olybirder
17th October 2013, 08:28 AM
04:54 am Arrived at depot
07:21 am Collected by driver
07:24 am Dropped by driver
07:24 am Driver: "Oops!, dusts it off, nah! looks OK!"
07:25 am Chucked in back of van
07:28 am Van departs depot

Can't wait for the next exciting episode!
10:27 am Customer 'nips' out for carton of milk
10:29 am Van arrives
10:30 am Driver posts card through letterbox and departs for weekend

Grumpy Hec
17th October 2013, 09:23 AM
I ordered mine around the same time as Grumpy, at midday ish on the 11th and not heard anything, so assuming I'm on the second batch.

Would be interesting to know if anyone else is recieving there ONE today/tomorrow who ordered from the shop afterwards. Just for curiousity more than anything (just wonder if Ron has gone out in the first batch because of the issue with the grip and MMF-3 and the necessary intervention that was required by Ian/Mark).

Regards

Simon

OK -so this compounds the confusion. I'm pleased that Ron at least on this forum is in the first batch. Good luck to you sir.

However that does appear to generate a another question on how it was decided who was going to be in the first batch. On the evidence available to me it seems to have nothing to do with when you ordered and/or paid for your camera. Another apparent failure in the way this has been handled.

As I've said elsewhere I am resigned to wait for my camera in 2/3 weeks. Of course I would prefer to have it sooner but in reality if there are limited supplies someones got to wait and if I'm in that number then so be it.

However I remain most unhappy about a growing, I cite this latest snippet for instance, list of examples of poor problem handling and truly dreadful communications to customers who have in many cases ordered and paid for goods weeks ago which officially they still do not know when they are going to receive them. Many of those customers are long term Olympus users and active forum members and therefore would hope for some sort of demonstration of customer care and loyalty. Sadly emails are not replied to and we have to rely on the excellent and much appreciated efforts of Ian for information.

Please let me be clear that I bear no ill will to those who have got camera's no matter how that has happened. Good luck to them. My gripe is with the conduct of the Oly shop pure and simple.

OK back to getting prepared for a rather long and indepth meeting which I have to run starting on 40 minutes. :(

Hec

dogsbody
17th October 2013, 09:52 AM
10:27 am Customer 'nips' out for carton of milk
10:29 am Van arrives
10:30 am Driver posts card through letterbox and departs for weekend

10:31am Dog chews card.
Wed 23rd October 14:57 Camera returned to depot.

Olybirder
17th October 2013, 12:03 PM
Apologies to Hec and everyone else who is still waiting but I now have an E-M1 in my possession. It looks like a cracking little camera and feels nice and solid to the touch. Small isn't it? :eek:

I will charge the battery now and hope that the converter arrives tomorrow with the grip, so that I can try it out.

Keep the faith my Oly friends. They do turn up and when they do it seems to be quite a rapid process.

Ron

Grumpy Hec
17th October 2013, 12:09 PM
Apologies to Hec and everyone else who is still waiting but I now have an E-M1 in my possession. It looks like a cracking little camera and feels nice and solid to the touch. Small isn't it? :eek:

I will charge the battery now and hope that the converter arrives tomorrow with the grip, so that I can try it out.

Keep the faith my Oly friends. They do turn up and when they do it seems to be quite a rapid process.

Ron

Excellent - glad your pleased and have got a result. Hope the grip and adapter arrive tomorrow so we can see the results here *yes

good shooting

Hec

Olybirder
17th October 2013, 01:29 PM
Ho hum, two steps forward and one step back. I have been on the phone to Olympus to see if the two promo items have been dispatched yet and if there is a tracking number for them. They took my details and phoned me back to tell me that they will be dispatched next week and I should have them by the end of the week. How I wish that I had noticed that little button in the ordering process. :(

I can either sit and look at the camera for a week, without using it, or I can raid my pension fund and purchase that tempting 45mm f1.8 from WEX. On that subject they have the silver version for £218 or the more appealing black model for £279. I wonder why there is such a big price difference when they are the same price at most other retailers?

Ron

ian p
17th October 2013, 01:33 PM
We feel SO sorry for you and your plight! :-)

Olybirder
17th October 2013, 01:35 PM
We feel SO sorry for you and your plight!

OK, I'll stop whinging.

Ron

StephenL
17th October 2013, 01:36 PM
Either way, it's the best value quality m4/3 lens, only beaten in IQ by the 75mm.

Grumpy Hec
17th October 2013, 03:15 PM
Ho hum, two steps forward and one step back. I have been on the phone to Olympus to see if the two promo items have been dispatched yet and if there is a tracking number for them. They took my details and phoned me back to tell me that they will be dispatched next week and I should have them by the end of the week. How I wish that I had noticed that little button in the ordering process. :(

Ron

Ouch - that must hurt. A new camera you cannot use.

It's getting to the stage where the phrase "you couldn't make it up" applies more and more to the Oly shop.

Makes me nervous that whenever mine does arrive it could be without HLD-7 and MMF-3 which would convert it into an excellent chocolate teapot. :eek:

Hec

Olybirder
17th October 2013, 03:19 PM
Makes me nervous that whenever mine does arrive it could be without HLD-7 and MMF-3 which would convert it into an excellent chocolate teapot. :eek:
Hi Hec. If the HLD-7 and MMF-3 are showing in your Order Overview on the online shop they should arrive packaged with the camera body. :)

Ron

Grumpy Hec
17th October 2013, 03:26 PM
Hi Hec. If the HLD-7 and MMF-3 are showing in your Order Overview on the online shop they should arrive packaged with the camera body. :)

Ron

yep -they are. Got that bit correct it seems.

My quoted sequence of events would probably be enough to tip me over the edge and complete the process of turning me into Victor Meldrew :D

Hec

Melaka
17th October 2013, 03:31 PM
9 Address information needed;contact DHL. 1139

Unfortunately I was out using the EM5 so didn't get the message until 1540. The contact number given was in Belgium. Anyway I phoned and established they'd somehow got the postcode wrong. Belgium said if they sorted it out the camera wouldn't arrive before Monday so they gave me the UK number. Can't think why the website didn't have that in the first place. UK says it will now arrive tomorrow.

simonknee
17th October 2013, 03:39 PM

Unfortunately I was out using the EM5 so didn't get the message until 1540. The contact number given was in Belgium. Anyway I phoned and established they'd somehow got the postcode wrong. Belgium said if they sorted it out the camera wouldn't arrive before Monday so they gave me the UK number. Can't think why the website didn't have that in the first place. UK says it will now arrive tomorrow.

They got my postcode wrong too!

Chevvyf1
17th October 2013, 03:55 PM

They got my postcode wrong too!

Looking more like a corrupt database now :( :eek:

simonknee
17th October 2013, 05:07 PM
It's getting about a bit...

7 Address information needed; contact DHL LAMBETH - UK 12:37

8 Processed at LAMBETH - UK LAMBETH - UK 13:31

9 Departed Facility in LAMBETH - UK LAMBETH - UK 15:18

10 Arrived at Sort Facility LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 16:10

11 Arrived at Sort Facility LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 16:42

simonknee
17th October 2013, 05:15 PM
In case you are wondering I have checked and no it isn't about to board a plane!

bilbo
17th October 2013, 05:24 PM
Mine arrived just before six o'clock after being out for delivery since 1230.

Battery on charge. :)

Grumpy Hec
17th October 2013, 06:57 PM

I bet your shutter finger isn't twitching at all :rolleyes:

Lakota
17th October 2013, 07:08 PM
Mine arrived today sent by dhl express also got the hdl7 battery pack and four thirds adapter and all for a great price.
first thoughts it gives the impression its smaller than the m5

Battery on charge ready to play

bilbo
17th October 2013, 07:27 PM
I bet your shutter finger isn't twitching at all :rolleyes:I'm having to find displacement activities. Like cooking dinner, having a glass of wine, then another one... looking at the manual which came with the camera, coming on here... The first 9 pages of the (completely basic) manual are in English. The rest, up to page 199, are in various foreign languages. Another glass of wine required... :)

How long does this battery take to charge...???

Lakota
17th October 2013, 07:52 PM
Manual is pretty much useless, try this link and get a good one

re battery around 2 1/2 hours to charge

Lakota
17th October 2013, 07:53 PM
sorry forgot link for manual

http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/oima_cckb/E-M1_MANUAL_EN.pdf

dogsbody
17th October 2013, 08:07 PM
Why does my phone not ring!!!!

ayewing
17th October 2013, 08:41 PM
I'm having to find displacement activities. Like cooking dinner, having a glass of wine, then another one... looking at the manual which came with the camera, coming on here... The first 9 pages of the (completely basic) manual are in English. The rest, up to page 199, are in various foreign languages. Another glass of wine required... :)

How long does this battery take to charge...???

It seems pretty cheeseparing to omit a proper printed manual for a camera costing over £1000 and of such complexity that a manual is really essential. Some other camera companies stili provide a proper printed manual, at least Pentax did when I bought a K-30 not so long ago.

Like many others I am waiting for my E-M1 and have downloaded the manual. As it runs to 163 pages I baulked at printing it out myself but had it professionally printed and bound at modest cost.

It does not make easy reading. I think I will have to wait for the arrival of my new E-M1 to make much sense of it.

photo_owl
17th October 2013, 09:32 PM
It seems pretty cheeseparing to omit a proper printed manual for a camera costing over £1000 and of such complexity that a manual is really essential. Some other camera companies stili provide a proper printed manual, at least Pentax did when I bought a K-30 not so long ago.

Like many others I am waiting for my E-M1 and have downloaded the manual. As it runs to 163 pages I baulked at printing it out myself but had it professionally printed and bound at modest cost.

It does not make easy reading. I think I will have to wait for the arrival of my new E-M1 to make much sense of it.

I agree - although the one provided does run to over 200 pages it also covers 27 languages!

The full manual is provided in the box - it's on the DVD supplied....

simonknee
18th October 2013, 09:54 AM
13 Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 05:00

14 Arrived at Delivery Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 05:38

15 With delivery courier LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 08:40

Xenon
18th October 2013, 10:34 AM
13 Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 05:00

14 Arrived at Delivery Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 05:38

15 With delivery courier LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 08:40

16 arrives with me in Eastbourne, where, understandably, I decide Olympus have finally got their act together and got mine to me two weeks early! :D

Olybirder
18th October 2013, 10:46 AM

Hi Brian. As one of the few people who have managed to get their hands on the HLD-7 grip, what is it like? I assume it doesn't come with a battery? How does it feel when attached to the camera? Etc, etc.

This also applies to anyone else who has managed to secure the two promo items.

Ron

mcwill
18th October 2013, 10:55 AM
No battery supplied with the HLD-7.

To me, the camera feels too big with the grip attached but that I suspect is because I've been using a E-620 for the last four years. With the exception of depth the E-M1 feels very similar in size to my old camera. In fact as Goldilocks would say - "Just Right"

Olybirder
18th October 2013, 10:59 AM
To me, the camera feels too big with the grip attached but that I suspect is because I've been using a E-620 for the last four years. With the exception of depth the E-M1 feels very similar in size to my old camera. In fact as Goldilocks would say - "Just Right"
I have a feeling that it will come into its own when the larger lenses, such as the 50-200, are attached. They should feel better balanced.

Ron

Grumpy Hec
18th October 2013, 11:09 AM
16 arrives with me in Eastbourne, where, understandably, I decide Olympus have finally got their act together and got mine to me two weeks early! :D

Sadly others have not been so fortunate even though we ordered, and in my case paid, on the 11th Sept. Orders have clearly not been handled in the sequence they were placed as I have seen evidenced within other threads in this area.

Whilst I have no issues at all with individuals, good luck to them, I do have a major problem with the Olympus shop that has appeared to respond to chasing rather than adopt an open and transparent policy for the order they deal with transactions. I find this along with poor communications, taking money with clearly no idea at the time when an order was going to be satisfied and in my case not even having the common decency to respond to emails highly objectionable, distasteful and dishonourable.

I fully accept that supplies are limited and that I may therefore have to wait. Disappointing but it's the real world. However the evidence I see is that the issue has been dealt with in a less than equitable manner and people who have not been chasing direct have been pushed down the queue. In the currently unlikely event that I shall ever deal with the Oly shop again unless there is no viable alternative I shall take a considerably less sanguine and pragmatic stance.

Money has also been taken at the time of ordering, now over a month ago, with the order confirmation stating 14 days plus 2 - 5 business days for delivery. That part of the contract I have with Olympus has clearly been broken without the common courtesy of an individual contact. Indeed what little information I have had from the Olympus shop has proven to be inaccurate. All good information has come my way via this forum and especially the efforts of Ian.

I may have of course not be in possession of all the salient facts and have therefore jumped to the wrong conclusions. If that is the case I apologise but would point back to one of my complaints, namely that of poor communications, contributing to that incorrect analysis.

I repeat that my rant is not aimed at or intended to criticise individuals who have been more fortunate. Good luck to them in fact and I genuinely hope they are enjoying their camera's and will continue to do so.

To refer back to the trigger for this post Olympus, from my personal perspective at least, have most certainly not got their act together.

An increasingly Grumpy Hec

Olybirder
18th October 2013, 11:17 AM
Good morning Hec. Just to clarify, I think you might have misinterpreted Xenon's post, as I did at first. I believe he is still waiting for his camera and the post that you quoted was a bit of light-hearted wishful thinking. Of course I might have got hold of the wrong end of the stick. It is not unknown. ;)

Ron

Xenon
18th October 2013, 11:18 AM
Just to clarify, Hec, that I am in reality still awaiting my E-M1, and am in the same situation as you.

My addition to Simon's thread, was by way of wishful thinking, or in jest, and I share many of your frustrations.

I hope that I will be receiving mine in the first week of November, but am less than happy that I have now had to pay my credit card bill, without actually having my hands on the goods.

Any further delays from the promised delivery will require me to consider leaving Olympus and going over to "the dark side'........

Olybirder
18th October 2013, 11:20 AM
It seems that I managed to get hold of the right end of the stick for a change. :)

Ron

Xenon
18th October 2013, 11:23 AM
It seems that I managed to get hold of the right end of the stick for a change. :)

Ron
:) I'm glad my irony wasn't totally lost! Unlike Hec I'm just simmering here...and trying to be patient.

Not meaning to suggest Hec isn't being patient either by the way!! :)

dogsbody
18th October 2013, 11:46 AM
a bit harsh to say patience waning, 'tis true to say that my sense of humour is being tested.

I mean do i spend hard earned good money on a mobile phone for it just to sit there and never ring with SRS *please on incoming caller display?

Another week or so and saplings will have to be wary of a Basil Fawlty moment. ring you vicious #######! ring!*smash

for those of you with your EM-1's in hand enjoy, and please keep the images coming!

Grumpy Hec
18th October 2013, 11:56 AM
Just to clarify, Hec, that I am in reality still awaiting my E-M1, and am in the same situation as you.

My addition to Simon's thread, was by way of wishful thinking, or in jest, and I share many of your frustrations.

I hope that I will be receiving mine in the first week of November, but am less than happy that I have now had to pay my credit card bill, without actually having my hands on the goods.

Any further delays from the promised delivery will require me to consider leaving Olympus and going over to "the dark side'........

Ouch . Sorry. Clearly I got that horribly wrong. I humbly beg our forgiveness.

Hopefully some of all of what I said in my rant reflects some of your feelings as well.

Hec

Grumpy Hec
18th October 2013, 11:57 AM

Ron

Unlike me it seems :(

Chevvyf1
18th October 2013, 12:18 PM
a bit harsh to say patience waning, 'tis true to say that my sense of humour is being tested.

I mean do i spend hard earned good money on a mobile phone for it just to sit there and never ring with SRS *please on incoming caller display?

Another week or so and saplings will have to be wary of a Basil Fawlty moment. ring you vicious #######! ring!*smash

for those of you with your EM-1's in hand enjoy, and please keep the images coming!

WELL I did not think you would want to see images ... from the ONE :eek:

simonknee
18th October 2013, 12:43 PM
It's here!

Grumpy Hec
18th October 2013, 12:46 PM
It's here!

Not sure I should comment in case I get it wrong again :)

How about an unboxing video*yes

Olybirder
18th October 2013, 12:46 PM
It's here!
Congratulations Simon. Your camera is more widely travelled than Alan Whicker. :) Enjoy it.

Ron

Xenon
18th October 2013, 01:12 PM
It's here!

My hopes for a detour were unrealised :(

Enjoy it Simon :)

dogsbody
18th October 2013, 05:30 PM
WELL I did not think you would want to see images ... from the ONE :eek:

no Chevvy fi Au contraire! I love seeing them and your Funghi images are beauts!

*chr

Olybirder
19th October 2013, 01:07 PM
I was fed up with having an E-M1 body and not being able to use it as I don't have the MMF-3 adapter yet, so today I decided to break into my pension savings and buy a M4/3 lens for it.

I was having difficulty choosing between the 45mm f1.8, the 60mm macro or the 75-300 II zoom. In the end I decided to get the 75-300 as about 95 percent of the time I am attempting to photograph birds. This lens also gives the greatest weight and size advantages over its 4/3 equivalents.

So, this morning I paid a flying visit to the WEX showroom in Norwich and picked one up. It was quite busy there although, as usual, everyone was looking at Nikon and Canon and not at the slim Olympus cabinet. Out of interest I had a look at their used department, which was very busy, and noticed that they have an E-5 and an E-M5 body for sale. They looked OK from a quick glance.

Unfortunately, it is wet and gloomy here today, so I don't think I will be taking any photographs. I will probably spend the afternoon attempting to come to terms with the basics of what is a very different camera for me.

Ron

wellyboot
19th October 2013, 01:46 PM
Hopefully the weather will improve for you tomorrow Ron, and you can get out and use your new combo!
Marcia

jmunkki
19th October 2013, 02:39 PM
I have read good things about the Sigma MFT lenses. I plan on getting the 30mm F2.8 EX DN simply because it's very good value for money (130€ vs. 170€ for the newer 19, 30 and 60 mm Sigmas). That series doesn't have bird lenses though...

Chevvyf1
21st October 2013, 10:03 AM
no Chevvy fi Au contraire! I love seeing them and your Funghi images are beauts!

*chr

Well, I am about to start a Blog on "New Home" Escapades

... North Devon this weekend and the ONE was stupendous performing in low light/grey overcast and thrashing waves breaking on the rocks below and over an old shipwreck of the (Joanna) ... an experience akin to being on-set of "Jamaica Inn" at Clovelly Quay at Dusk with bats flying 2 ft over our heads ... and at Westwood Ho! beach with dogs, people and Kite Sailing along the beach and Windsurfers on the water in bright sunlight :D EVEN two miles from and then too - our preferred New Home

but not uploading today, :( I fear we have a "houseful" and are making Pom Poms ; French Knitting ; telling stories with each child playing a part with a puppet (for the Gruffallo books, Gruff Parent ; Gruff Baby; Mouse ; Fox ; Snakes [soft & wooden] textures so important to learning :D) Rabbit and Owl too :) this afternoon - making Sea Shell necklaces; Bracelets using Nicks little hand Dremmel Drill to "hol" the shells for threading :)

Chevvyf1
21st October 2013, 10:06 AM
I was fed up with having an E-M1 body and not being able to use it as I don't have the MMF-3 adapter yet, so today I decided to break into my pension savings and buy a M4/3 lens for it.

I was having difficulty choosing between the 45mm f1.8, the 60mm macro or the 75-300 II zoom. In the end I decided to get the 75-300 as about 95 percent of the time I am attempting to photograph birds. This lens also gives the greatest weight and size advantages over its 4/3 equivalents.

So, this morning I paid a flying visit to the WEX showroom in Norwich and picked one up. It was quite busy there although, as usual, everyone was looking at Nikon and Canon and not at the slim Olympus cabinet. Out of interest I had a look at their used department, which was very busy, and noticed that they have an E-5 and an E-M5 body for sale. They looked OK from a quick glance.

Unfortunately, it is wet and gloomy here today, so I don't think I will be taking any photographs. I will probably spend the afternoon attempting to come to terms with the basics of what is a very different camera for me.

Ron

Ron, still waiting for mine from Olympus but I bought a pre-loved MMF2 from David on here :) last week - so I could use my 7-14 and 11-22 for North Devon landscapes this past weekend :) and I am impressed with the IQ :)

Zuiko
21st October 2013, 10:29 AM
but not uploading today, :( I fear we have a "houseful" and are making Pom Poms ; French Knitting ; telling stories with each child playing a part with a puppet (for the Gruffallo books, Gruff Parent ; Gruff Baby; Mouse ; Fox ; Snakes [soft & wooden] textures so important to learning :D) Rabbit and Owl too :)

I used to love reading "The Gruffallo" to my daughter when she was little, and using a different voice for each character. "Bear Snores On" is another great book. I want grandchildren - but not just yet! :eek:

dogsbody
21st October 2013, 04:15 PM
"It's on its way" So is Christmas, not sure which will make it here first though

having said that I have a week away from work, so it will probably arrive on Monday 28th

:rolleyes:

Olybirder
21st October 2013, 04:39 PM
Just thinking. Now that I am lucky enough to have my E-M1 body and, hopefully, the grip and adapter before too long, will I eventually receive some sort of receipt or invoice to say that I have bought it and own it? Just in case I want to sell it at some point. :confused:

Ron

StephenL
21st October 2013, 05:23 PM
Just thinking. Now that I am lucky enough to have my E-M1 body and, hopefully, the grip and adapter before too long, will I eventually receive some sort of receipt or invoice to say that I have bought it and own it? Just in case I want to sell it at some point. :confused:

Ron
There will be an advice note at the very least. There should also be an itemised invoice.

Olybirder
21st October 2013, 05:47 PM
There will be an advice note at the very least. There should also be an itemised invoice.
Yes, I suppose I should receive something when they are on top of the orders. All my Shop Account shows is two E-M1 bodies.

Ron

Bruce Clarke
21st October 2013, 06:11 PM
Yes, I suppose I should receive something when they are on top of the orders. All my Shop Account shows is two E-M1 bodies.

Ron

You should have received an email order confirmation soon after your order from 'shop.support@olympus.eu'. May have gone in your spam folder?

Bruce

bilbo
21st October 2013, 06:19 PM
You should have received an email order confirmation soon after your order from 'shop.support@olympus.eu'. May have gone in your spam folder?

BruceHe wants an invoice.

Olybirder
21st October 2013, 06:27 PM
He wants an invoice.

Yes, I got the order confirmation. I would just like something at some stage to say that I have paid for the camera and that I own it. :)

Ron

simonknee
21st October 2013, 06:34 PM
He wants an invoice.

Me too. Emailed Andre...

StephenL
21st October 2013, 06:47 PM
They should provide a vat invoice when requested.

Olybirder
22nd October 2013, 08:56 AM
Well done Olympus. I have just received a VAT Invoice for my E-M1 by email. I just need to receive the grip and adapter and the purchase is complete. I love the camera.

Ron

bilbo
22nd October 2013, 10:13 AM
Well done Olympus. I have just received a VAT Invoice for my E-M1 by email. I just need to receive the grip and adapter and the purchase is complete. I love the camera.

Ron
Ditto. I've also got my grip and adapter. Happy bunny!

Olybirder
22nd October 2013, 10:17 AM
It's a bit depressing when you see £216.67 VAT itemised separately. :( Did your grip and adapter arrive with the camera or in a separate package?

Ron

bilbo
22nd October 2013, 10:23 AM
It's a bit depressing when you see £216.67 VAT itemised separately. :( Did your grip and adapter arrive with the camera or in a separate package?

Ron
They arrived all together Ron.

Olybirder
22nd October 2013, 10:38 AM
They arrived all together Ron.

That is nice. I received an email last week saying that mine would be dispatched with the body. The next day I got another email saying that they would be dispatched separately that day. When I phoned to get the tracking number I was told that I would receive them by the end of this week. I will believe it when they arrive. :)

Ron

Grumpy Hec
22nd October 2013, 11:19 AM

Are you saying that you have actually got your grip and adapter ?

Hec

George Dorn
22nd October 2013, 11:19 AM
. I will believe it when they arrive. :)

Ron

I don't think I'll believe it when they arrive.:D

Olybirder
22nd October 2013, 11:48 AM
I don't think I'll believe it when they arrive.:D

You'd better believe it George. :D I sent an email to Andre a little while ago to see what was happening and he replied to say that they were on their way and gave me the tracking number. I checked with DHL and discovered that they were with the delivery courier. As I looked out of the window the DHL van pulled up outside and my promo items are now here. How is that for service! Good old Olympus, all is forgiven. *chr

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting. It's worth it in the end.

Ron

Grumpy Hec
22nd October 2013, 12:06 PM
You'd better believe it George. :D I sent an email to Andre a little while ago to see what was happening and he replied to say that they were on their way and gave me the tracking number. I checked with DHL and discovered that they were with the delivery courier. As I looked out of the window the DHL van pulled up outside and my promo items are now here. How is that for service! Good old Olympus, all is forgiven. *chr

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting. It's worth it in the end.

Ron

Good luck to you.

Proves what I have grown to fear though that ordering from Oly direct was a fools errand. No camera, Grip or adapter even though ordered on 11th Sept. No emails either of course. That would be customer care.

Nice one Olympus. Still they have my money which helps their cash flow so not all bad.

Those who have them though please keep the pictures and information on use coming in. That is a real help to get us late comers up and running that bit quicker.

bilbo
22nd October 2013, 01:06 PM
Are you saying that you have actually got your grip and adapter ?

HecYes. My order is complete.

Shaw
25th October 2013, 07:42 PM
I've just received an email from Olympus, Belgium to say that my 12-50 E-M1 kit has been shipped. No tracking number though.

Xenon
1st November 2013, 07:49 PM
It seems a long long time since I started this thread....but...finally it HAS arrived!

mcwill
1st November 2013, 07:51 PM
Have fun :)

Xenon
1st November 2013, 07:53 PM
Have fun :)

Thank you!

I intend to *chr

dogsbody
1st November 2013, 08:49 PM
mine is not on it's way, I am on my way to it (in the morning)

dogsbody
2nd November 2013, 07:42 PM
got it! a five hour round trip, and that is the end of the waiting. Mightily impressed with it. Not taken any images with it though!

StephenL
2nd November 2013, 07:53 PM
Congrats! Where did you end up? I reluctantly had to ditch SRS a couple of weeks ago.

Xenon
2nd November 2013, 08:22 PM
got it! a five hour round trip, and that is the end of the waiting. Mightily impressed with it. Not taken any images with it though!
Well done!

I must say I am also extremely impressed so far.

Ergonomically it is much better than my E-M5 IMHO.

wellyboot
2nd November 2013, 09:07 PM

Glad you got home safely, and it was worth the journey! I can't wait till Monday!*chr