PDA

View Full Version : Advice on E3 & FL50R Promotion

jchallen
9th September 2008, 10:17 PM
Well I finally gave in to temptation and last Saturday and went out and bought an E3, and I love it. I also could not resist the 50-200 SWD I have been promising myself for a while.

Anyway I went and registered it today and will send in the required documents for the free FL50R promotion however it is asking for:

1. a copy of their purchase receipt, (no problem)
2. a print out of their online registration form, (got that)
3. and the original barcode of their E-3 product box (do they really mean for us to cut the barcode off the top of the box?)

Any advice or experiences from those that have already claimed their FL50R's would be most welcome.

Jason.

Barr1e
10th September 2008, 06:48 PM
Well I finally gave in to temptation and last Saturday and went out and bought an E3, and I love it. I also could not resist the 50-200 SWD I have been promising myself for a while.

Anyway I went and registered it today and will send in the required documents for the free FL50R promotion however it is asking for:

1. a copy of their purchase receipt, (no problem)
2. a print out of their online registration form, (got that)
3. and the original barcode of their E-3 product box (do they really mean for us to cut the barcode off the top of the box?)

Any advice or experiences from those that have already claimed their FL50R's would be most welcome.

Jason.

Hi Jason

I did just that - disappointed I had to damage the box.

Regards. Barr1e

jchallen
10th September 2008, 07:54 PM
Hi Jason

I did just that - disappointed I had to damage the box.

Regards. Barr1e

Barr1e,

Thanks for the reply, I know it sounds sad but I was reluctant to chop up the box without first checking this was what they required.

Strange that I have paid nearly a thousand pounds for a camera and I worried about the cardboard box it came in!!

I will be sending for my flash ASAP, all I need to do now is learn a bit about good flash photography.

Kind regards,

Jason.

Malcolm Cousins
16th September 2008, 10:01 PM
You won't be disappointed with the flashgun. It's very good.:)

Barr1e
16th September 2008, 10:07 PM
You won't be disappointed with the flashgun. It's very good.:)

Hi Malcolm -

If this was from the Olympus E-3 offer, how long did it take from posting proof of purchase etc to delivery please?

Regards. Barr1e

Malcolm Cousins
17th September 2008, 08:47 AM
About 10 days Barr1e

Barr1e
17th September 2008, 06:56 PM
About 10 days Barr1e

Hi Malcolm -

Thanks.

Regards. Barr1e

photo_owl
18th September 2008, 07:40 PM
yep - they really seem to have this one well oiled!

given it's 10 days from you posting from the UK to Germany and it arriving in your mailbox!

I will admit I was surprised...

Real Ramona
30th September 2008, 11:33 AM
I got mine in just over a week. Bargain! Playing with off camera flash and reflectors will give you a whole new world of lighting to explore. It was the one thing that finally persueded me to buy the E-3. Certainly beats the original offer of a backpack, and then a battery grip!
It does make you wonder though - they seem almost desperate to sell the E-3. I also found them really hard to track down once I had decided to buy.

jchallen
30th September 2008, 02:36 PM
I got mine in just over a week. Bargain! Playing with off camera flash and reflectors will give you a whole new world of lighting to explore. It was the one thing that finally persueded me to buy the E-3. Certainly beats the original offer of a backpack, and then a battery grip!
It does make you wonder though - they seem almost desperate to sell the E-3. I also found them really hard to track down once I had decided to buy.

I sent off for mine eight days ago so any day now! ;) Then I'll just have to learn how to use it and try out some off camera flash shots.

While taking break around Derbyshire the other week I experimented with the FL36 and the extension cable and was amazed how much better the shots were when compared to having the flash mounted on the camera.

Jason.

jchallen
30th September 2008, 03:30 PM
Never underestimate the power of these forums, within 50 minutes of posting the above reply the doorbell went and I am now the proud owner of a shiny new FL50R :D

Well done and thamk you Olympus.