PDA

View Full Version : Delivery dates...

jamsa
30th September 2013, 03:55 PM
Wonder who will be first to be able to say they have the E-M1 in their hands?....ie be good to know when deliveries start to arrive...

David Morison
30th September 2013, 05:51 PM
Well I won't be the first, I've had to ask SRS to delay shipment if it isn't likely to be delivered before I head off to the Med on the 9th. Still have hope though!

David

tomphotofx
30th September 2013, 06:27 PM
:D All good things come to those that wait. :cool:*yes*yes

Tom

jamsa
30th September 2013, 06:28 PM
:D All good things come to those that wait. :cool:*yes*yes

Tom

You don't mind going to the back of the queue then....lol ;)

timd1230
30th September 2013, 06:37 PM
Any idea when first batch is due to uk ?

jamsa
30th September 2013, 06:45 PM
Any idea when first batch is due to uk ?

Not a clue...all I was told that was by mid Oct then possibly Nov for lens kit option...but I see that in the USA some have them going out atm...

dogsbody
30th September 2013, 07:46 PM
I have been without a camera for three weeks (my Pentax gear is either sold or in the window at SRS) Not saying that I am getting bored but yesterday afternoon I nearly contemplated thinking about DIY.

Phew.

David M
30th September 2013, 10:47 PM
As it's already shipping in Canada I may pick one up next spring. That will give the early adopters time to find any problems and for Olympus to solve them. Plus the price will have dropped a bit (or a lot if there are issues) by then.

simonknee
1st October 2013, 06:26 AM
For what it's worth an Olympus online shop phone person told me there would be and early October and a mid October shipment of the body. For my recent b'day my wife gave me a 50-200 (s/h) and a mate sent me an OM adaptor (he has a bunch of old glass). Now I just need the camera. As one of the first to order online here's hoping for an early October surprise!

dogsbody
1st October 2013, 07:00 AM
For what it's worth an Olympus online shop phone person told me there would be and early October and a mid October shipment of the body. For my recent b'day my wife gave me a 50-200 (s/h) and a mate sent me an OM adaptor (he has a bunch of old glass). Now I just need the camera. As one of the first to order online here's hoping for an early October surprise!

according to my calendar today is early October! :)

Alpha1
1st October 2013, 08:20 AM
I was originally told that Olympus UK would have the first batch on 11th October but by the time they had been sorted and repacked etc it was unlikely to be until the 19th at the dealers. Throw in a few customs delays etc., then take your pick on dates after that I would say!! ;)

I am sweating on getting mine before 23rd October as after that I shall be away for several weeks and I would really like it before I go! Whatever happens I won't delay my order though!!

simonknee
1st October 2013, 08:56 AM
I bet the online stuff is drop shipped from Europe somewhere so we shouldn't have to wait for Olympus UK to spend a week "sorting and repacking". Can you imagine what kind of sorting and repacking actually takes a week?

...Olympus HQ... October 11...9 a.m....
What's on this pallet?
Dunno read the label.
Says EM-1, 10 off.
Hmm, that'll be the EM-1 then.
Yep.
What shall we do with them?
Erm.
Send them to customers/shops?
Nah, no rush, give it a week...

:-)

jamsa
1st October 2013, 04:38 PM
SO an UPDATE from OLYMPUS would be REALLY NICE!!

Anne
1st October 2013, 06:23 PM
An update from SRS is even better :D

I was in there this afternoon and they said they were expecting a delivery tomorrow and them some more next week. That's the good news :)

Bad news is that they have loads of pre-orders so they they are expecting a few weeks before they get through their list....in order :)

So who pre-ordered their's first?!

jamsa
1st October 2013, 06:43 PM
Ordered from Ffordes on 18th Sept...the day I saw the demo locally....fingers crossed I get a call soon....wedding in ten days!!

Alpha1
1st October 2013, 06:56 PM
Meanwhile the first user images are appearing on US 4/3rds forums by new owners!
http://www.getdpi.com/forum/4-3rds-cameras/48698-fun-olympus-e-m1.html

timd1230
1st October 2013, 07:34 PM
Been speaking to my fixer !! - outside chance I may have one in my hands fairly early

David Morison
1st October 2013, 09:09 PM
An update from SRS is even better :D

I was in there this afternoon and they said they were expecting a delivery tomorrow and them some more next week. That's the good news :)

Bad news is that they have loads of pre-orders so they they are expecting a few weeks before they get through their list....in order :)

So who pre-ordered their's first?!

Well even though I have asked SRS not to ship mine if it cannot be delivered before the 9th, I might still stand a small chance of getting it before I go - I ordered it the very moment it appeared on the SRS website. So I may be lucky - one can hope, but on the other hand my dear wife won't be pleased if I spend the whole of our holiday playing with a new camera!

David

StephenL
2nd October 2013, 08:26 AM
I only ordered the day you were there, Anne, which was the 14th Sept. So I think I'll be a bit down their list.

StephenL
2nd October 2013, 08:32 AM
I was in there this afternoon

So, err, what were you buying, Anne? :D

wellyboot
2nd October 2013, 09:33 AM
But maybe the majority of orders came after us Stephen! Got to stay positive!

Anne
2nd October 2013, 10:05 AM
So, err, what were you buying, Anne? :D

A couple of secondhand polarising filters for when I go on this landscape workshop.

.....and I might have ordered something else :D

StephenL
2nd October 2013, 10:12 AM
A couple of secondhand polarising filters for when I go on this landscape workshop.

.....and I might have ordered something else :D

Landscape workshop? Who is organising it? I've been looking around for something for a while now, but am having difficulty finding something which suits.

Anne
2nd October 2013, 10:47 AM
Landscape workshop? Who is organising it? I've been looking around for something for a while now, but am having difficulty finding something which suits.

I am going with Tatra Photography. I went with them to Iceland and it was a really good trip...apart from not seeing the Northern Lights! The places we stayed in were really good, clean, spacious, good food and the owner went all out to get us to places where we might see the lights or photograph the sights as the weather was against us; he had to change the schedule most days. His has a 'pro' on all trips, prices are all inclusive apart from drinks and on this trip, lunch and generally he doesn't charge a single supplement.

I am also going on their safari to Kenya next year. I did look at other companies but on comparison, they work out a lot more expensive although that's not to say I wouldn't try someone else.

A friend went on a bear & wolves workshop to the Bavarian mountains and came back with some amazing photographs....as good as I have seen in wildlife magazines/books etc. She also was happy with the company and trip.

The only criticism we both had if you can call it that, is that the owner can sometimes be slow to respond to emails but I can live with that. I think it is because he oversees most of his trips so is always away! So personally I would recommend them 100%.

I will let you know how this trip goes if you are interested.

StephenL
2nd October 2013, 10:51 AM
I will let you know how this trip goes if you are interested.

Yes, very interested, thanks!

Anne
2nd October 2013, 10:52 AM
It would be good to have another Olympus user go on one of his trips :D

Last time I think there were 6 of the group shooting with Nikon D800's! The others were FF Canikon apart from two of us.

drmarkf
3rd October 2013, 05:31 PM
I've just received an email from SRS saying my EM-1 has shipped :D

I'm just about to go away for the weekend, and there may not be anyone at home for quite a bit of tomorrow :(

David Morison
3rd October 2013, 05:46 PM
I've just received an email from SRS saying my EM-1 has shipped :D

I'm just about to go away for the weekend, and there may not be anyone at home for quite a bit of tomorrow :(

Same for me, I hope it arrives before 1pm. I'm also going away for a week next Wednesday so there is a very small window when I'll be available to sign.

David

Phill D
3rd October 2013, 07:35 PM
Yep me too. It says 24hr delivery and the email was sent at 12:45 today so I've got my fingers crossed. I'm lucky someone should be in too. I might just have to leave work early :D *chr

Davecollins
4th October 2013, 06:50 AM
Wonder who will be first to be able to say they have the E-M1 in their hands?....ie be good to know when deliveries start to arrive...

Had to get in early, just 1 quick pic from the OM-D EM1 , not going to get much work done today .:)

Grumpy Hec
4th October 2013, 06:55 AM
Had to get in early, just 1 quick pic from the OM-D EM1 , not going to get much work done today .:)

Lucky guys. Really pleased to see people getting their new kit.

I have to ask the question how come SRS can get them out when I ordered direct from Olympus on the 11th and not a dicky bird. :mad::mad::mad:

Made worse by the fact that they debited my credit card on the 11th. Starting to get genuinely annoyed about this.

Hec

Davecollins
4th October 2013, 06:56 AM
I will find out the situation with direct sales and post an update on here. Dave

simonknee
4th October 2013, 06:59 AM
Hec, I I did the same as you but did not get debited until the beginning of this week. BUT. A block had been placed on the funds on the card. I could use the money unless i had cancelled the order. This is normal. Perhaps your card provider probably just displayed it differently. Oly online said they only actually took the money when the ship. They also day it takes 2-5 days. Hang tight :-)

simonknee
4th October 2013, 07:01 AM
Apologies for appalling, early morning, sentence structure in previous post.

Grumpy Hec
4th October 2013, 07:03 AM
I will find out the situation with direct sales and post an update on here. Dave

Thanks - I'll be interested to see what you can learn.

Hec

Grumpy Hec
4th October 2013, 07:05 AM
Hec, I I did the same as you but did not get debited until the beginning of this week. BUT. A block had been placed on the funds on the card. I could use the money unless i had cancelled the order. This is normal. Perhaps your card provider probably just displayed it differently. Oly online said they only actually took the money when the ship. They also day it takes 2-5 days. Hang tight :-)

Mmm - slightly different in my case. The money was actually debited on the card on the 11th and I have since paid my credit card bill. So I have done my half of the contract in advance with, so far, no information or goods.

If I wasn't grumpy already this could start me on my way. ;)

Hec

simonknee
4th October 2013, 07:11 AM
You have been somewhat unlucky since I was worried nothing had happened when nothing left the card. It took a call to only online for then to reassure Mr everything was actually in order.

Fingers crossed for that DHL truck today...

Grumpy Hec
4th October 2013, 07:22 AM
You have been somewhat unlucky since I was worried nothing had happened when nothing left the card. It took a call to only online for then to reassure Mr everything was actually in order.

Fingers crossed for that DHL truck today...

Looks like I will have to get on the phone to get some information.

Hec

mcwill
4th October 2013, 07:34 AM
I'm in the same boat, waiting for an Olympus direct order. I have my eyes peeled for a DHL truck but I've just noticed the following in my Order Confirmation email back on the 11th.

"As soon as the order will be shipped, we will send you a bill for your purchase by e-mail."

As I haven't received an email copy of the invoice, I suspect my camera hasn't shipped yet. :(

Xenon
4th October 2013, 08:06 AM
I'm in the same boat, waiting for an Olympus direct order. I have my eyes peeled for a DHL truck but I've just noticed the following in my Order Confirmation email back on the 11th.

"As soon as the order will be shipped, we will send you a bill for your purchase by e-mail."

As I haven't received an email copy of the invoice, I suspect my camera hasn't shipped yet. :(

That is annoying as, like you, my card has been debited, and I do not understand their thinking here!
Why debit before dispatching goods??
Very unprofessional if that is the case, particularly as Olympus told me they would be sending my camera body once they had taken the money!

I was, however, told yesterday that we would NOT receive any e-mail, but the goods would just arrive.

Mixed messages here.

I would like some confirmation either way..

Grumpy Hec
4th October 2013, 08:28 AM
OK guys - I have just spoken to Olympus direct to find out what is happening.

To summarise.

> my order will/should be shipped today from Belgium
> it will ship with the MMF-3 and HLD-7 ( this is what I was hoping for when I ordered direct )
> those who went via dealers will have to apply for the "accessories" allegedly so there could be a delay
> the lady will ring me later, by 14:00 BST, with the DHL tracking number

What that means is next week some time from what I can deduce. She was very helpful as I suspect they are getting many similar calls because dealers are shipping. It will be interesting to know if in fact it is the case that dealer shipped bodies are without the accessories.

I suspect a similar story will apply to others who went direct to Olympus.

Hope that helps

cheers

Hec

StephenL
4th October 2013, 09:19 AM
I am not expecting the "free goodies" to be supplied when I pick my camera up from the dealers. This was made very clear right from day one.

bilbo
4th October 2013, 09:39 AM
Why debit before dispatching goods??In my experience most suppliers of consumer products want payment before dispatch...

I know I would. *shrug

Xenon
4th October 2013, 10:27 AM
In my experience most suppliers of consumer products want payment before dispatch...

I know I would. *shrug

Brian...I'm not arguing that. :(

But if they do debit my card, I expect the goods to have been sent!

In my case, at least, I have now been told they are on Back order, so to have taken the money knowing the goods are out of stock is, I'm sure you would agree, unprofessional?

bilbo
4th October 2013, 10:32 AM
In my case, at least, I have now been told they are on Back orderAh. Yes. I didn't spot that. That's poor.

simonknee
4th October 2013, 10:43 AM
As ever best thing is to ask directly.

Nice Olympus rep confirmed my order was being shipped today and that if I call on Monday there will be a tracking number. This process is fine by me - yes Olympus could provide more info on their web-shop and give email updates. But since you can call them and get a prompt answer there is no problem as far as I am concerned.

Would have been nice to get it before the weekend but I think I'll live. The bonus will hopefully be that the grip and adapter arrive with it (I forgot to ask).

Simon

Ian
4th October 2013, 10:44 AM
Hi Dave - nice to have you here; incidentally, we try to dissuade people from using the file attachment feature for images; best use the image url insertion button or the free gallery space (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/index.php) you get here :)

Also - if you aren't aware you might be able to make some good use of the Dealers Den (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47) board (Dave works for London Camera Exchange) :)

Ian

Grumpy Hec
4th October 2013, 10:58 AM

Nice Olympus rep confirmed my order was being shipped today and that if I call on Monday there will be a tracking number. This process is fine by me - yes Olympus could provide more info on their web-shop and give email updates. But since you can call them and get a prompt answer there is no problem as far as I am concerned.

Would have been nice to get it before the weekend but I think I'll live. The bonus will hopefully be that the grip and adapter arrive with it (I forgot to ask).

Simon

I was told that the grip and adapter will ship with the body. Today in theory *yes

As you say we will all live through the experience. For me it's the lack of upfront communication which irritates. Especially as cash was taken weeks ago. So many thing go wrong in business due to no or poor communications. This is just another example albeit not earth shattering even if rather irritating.

Hec

Olybirder
4th October 2013, 11:13 AM

Simon
Who did you phone? The Olympus UK site or the Olympus Shop in Belgium? Despite sending an email last week, I still haven't had any written confirmation that I will be receiving the free Grip and Adapter. If they arrive with the camera some time next week that will be fine with me. I wasn't expecting it until the middle of October anyway, until all the emails and phone calls started happening for other people yesterday.

It seems that ordering from a UK dealer, rather than the Olympus Shop, would have been the right way to go. Never mind - live and learn.

Ron

jamsa
4th October 2013, 11:20 AM
I placed an order with a UK dealer...they took a large deposit...I therefore expect to be kept in the loop so to speak....but they can't be blamed if they have not heard from Olympus...
I have never known so little communication when purchasing such expensive items...

Who did you phone? The Olympus UK site or the Olympus Shop in Belgium? Despite sending an email last week, I still haven't had any written confirmation that I will be receiving the free Grip and Converter. If they arrive with the camera some time next week that will be fine with me. I wasn't expecting it until the middle of October anyway, until all the emails and phone calls started happening for other people yesterday.

It seems that ordering from a UK dealer, rather than the Olympus Shop, would have been the right way to go. Never mind - live and learn.

Ron

trailer
4th October 2013, 11:49 AM
Park Cameras delivering too ;-)

photo_owl
4th October 2013, 11:58 AM
That is annoying as, like you, my card has been debited, and I do not understand their thinking here!
Very unprofessional if that is the case, particularly as Olympus told me they would be sending my camera body once they had taken the money!

you posted that your card was debited 2 days ago

the order confirmation, and everything else, states that delivery will be 2-5 business days

cards will always be debited prior to dispatch (at the point of dispatch etc) not delivery!

what's unprofessional?
what's confusing?

if you haven't received it by the end of next Tuesday then I could understand concerns.

simonknee
4th October 2013, 12:03 PM
Who did you phone? The Olympus UK site or the Olympus Shop in Belgium? Despite sending an email last week, I still haven't had any written confirmation that I will be receiving the free Grip and Adapter. If they arrive with the camera some time next week that will be fine with me. I wasn't expecting it until the middle of October anyway, until all the emails and phone calls started happening for other people yesterday.

Ron

http://shop.olympus.co.uk/e_commerce/content/letushelpyou.cfm?nbs=1

I called 00800-65967873 and pressed 1 then gave my order reference to the helpful lady.

And do remember we might be able to crow about our wonderful grip first :)

Simon

photo_owl
4th October 2013, 12:33 PM

Ron

If the coupon code from your registration is entered when using the online site to purchase it will -
1. include the grip and or mmf-3 as appropriate to your registration on the order at 0.0 cost
2. include them on the order conrfirmation email
Product(s) Color(s) Quantity Price
MMF-3 Four Thirds Adapter 1 0.00
HLD-7 1 0.00
E-M1 Body 1 1,299.99

If you didn't enter the coupon, or it doesn't show these, then a call seems to be required *chr

Xenon
4th October 2013, 12:42 PM

the order confirmation, and everything else, states that delivery will be 2-5 business days

cards will always be debited prior to dispatch (at the point of dispatch etc) not delivery!

what's unprofessional?
what's confusing?

if you haven't received it by the end of next Tuesday then I could understand concerns.

You too are missing the point sadly :confused:

Obviously cards are debited before dispatch, but my camera body has not been dispatched!!

It is on back order.

Try and read what I said next time before being patronising :)

Grumpy Hec
4th October 2013, 12:47 PM

what's unprofessional?
what's confusing?

Personally that is not what happened. My card was actually debited on the 11th Sept. On that basis that is poor business practice as at the time they had no idea, or at least no published one, what the delivery date was. The complaint is that fact coupled with the total absence of communication given they have had my money for 3 weeks and 2 days. I had to chase today and whilst I am wiser I still have no confirmation of dispatch despite being promised that confirmation by way of a phone call. They have 14 minutes to make that call to keep the promise.

Hec

Xenon
4th October 2013, 12:54 PM
Personally that is not what happened. My card was actually debited on the 11th Sept. On that basis that is poor business practice as at the time they had no idea, or at least no published one, what the delivery date was. The complaint is that fact coupled with the total absence of communication given they have had my money for 3 weeks and 2 days. I had to chase today and whilst I am wiser I still have no confirmation of dispatch despite being promised that confirmation by way of a phone call. They have 14 minutes to make that call to keep the promise.

Hec

I too am waiting for a promised phone call.
Have sat waiting now for 3 hours, and my patience is running thin.
If I do not have the courtesy of the promised call I too will have to make a decision.
It is bad business practice.

As a long time Olympus user I am extrememly disappointed by the total lack of communication...not to go into detail about the mixed messages received from several phone calls to Customer Support!

The worse aspect is the total lack of consistency from the support personnel.

Olybirder
4th October 2013, 01:04 PM
I have just been on the phone to Olympus Support to check my order status. They confirmed the order and said that it hadn't been dispatched yet but that it should be on its way in a few days.

I then asked if he could check that the Grip and Adapter were included in the order and explained that I had had problems ordering them and that I only had verbal confirmation that I would be receiving them. He said that they were not on the order so they wouldn't be included. He then suggested that I should cancel the order and start again, making sure that the code was entered correctly. I then asked if that meant that I would be at the back of the queue and he went off to consult with his supervisor. He said that that would normally be the case but he would see if he could do it another way. He took my code number again and said that he would contact the shop to see what could be done. He should be calling me back, either later today or on Monday.

This is so frustrating as it was all caused by my failure to press the little arrow button after entering the code (I didn't even see a button). I suppose I should have gone back and cancelled and replaced the order after I discovered the mistake but I was put off by somebody here who did that and ended up with two cameras on order.

I hope he does me phone back soon as I am beginning to wish that I had never heard of the E-M1. He even gave me his name and spelled it out for me a couple of times but it was too fast and his accent was too thick for me to catch it. It was some hing like Jaroslav.

I am off now to wait for the next installment. :(

Ron

photo_owl
4th October 2013, 01:09 PM
two days ago you started a thread stating that your card had been debited

then you posted to the thread I responded to with ........

I was, however, told yesterday that we would NOT receive any e-mail, but the goods would just arrive.

Mixed messages here.

now

Obviously cards are debited before dispatch, but my camera body has not been dispatched!!

It is on back order.

you haven't said your camera hasn't been dispatched.....we're not mind readers.

photo_owl
4th October 2013, 01:13 PM

Hec

I would agree that that's poor. I hope you get the confirmation quickly (and the camera shortly after that!)

wellyboot
4th October 2013, 01:18 PM

now

Sorry to get involved, but I think the mix up here is that the info that the camera is on back order is on the thread entitled "It's on its way", and not this one! Hope that helps you both!

Olybirder
4th October 2013, 01:22 PM
Sorry to get involved, but I think the mix up here is that the info that the camera is on back order is on the thread entitled "It's on its way", and not this one! Hope that helps you both!

Perhaps there should be a new thread entitled "It's NOT on its way". :)

Ron

Ian
4th October 2013, 01:22 PM

It is on back order.

Can we not start personalising this by making mild insults, please?

The post you are responding to looked perfectly reasonable to me. Yes he maybe overlooked some detail but his point was made in good faith.

I an understand your frustration and that of some others in a similar situation, but let's keep things sensible.

Thanks,

Ian

Grumpy Hec
4th October 2013, 01:30 PM
I too am waiting for a promised phone call.
Have sat waiting now for 3 hours, and my patience is running thin.
If I do not have the courtesy of the promised call I too will have to make a decision.
It is bad business practice.

As a long time Olympus user I am extrememly disappointed by the total lack of communication...not to go into detail about the mixed messages received from several phone calls to Customer Support!

The worse aspect is the total lack of consistency from the support personnel.

OK - an update - chased Olympus as the promised call never came. They said they were just about to call. I have no reason to doubt that so let's assume that is the case.

The information in the system has not changed so as far as I can tell my camera has not been dispatched. They reiterated the promise to contact me as soon as information changes via phone/email. So the base problem remains of money taken over 3 weeks ago and still no real idea when I shall receive the goods. I have no doubt that the camera will arrive but we are talking a significant cost here and I expect a higher level of service and communication.

So in terms of fellow sufferers I hope that others have more definite information and progress.

I have to say that putting aside the highly unsatisfactory situation the people I have spoken to have been pleasant and helpful and seemed genuine so good marks on that front.

Hec

Xenon
4th October 2013, 02:39 PM

now

Another jibe? Mind reading?
Sounds as if you belong on another, more combative type of forum?

I hate apologists for large companies...in my opinion they are well able to defend themselves if they need to.

Well, it is probably all a bit confusing for you, but had you read the other threads on the board, instead of just jumping in and giving a patronising reply, you might have begun to understand what those of us affected have been saying.

Perhaps in future, rather than leaping in with haughty or patronising comments, adding fuel to the fire of frustration, you could sit back...take a deep breath..and keep out of it??

Just a suggestion :rolleyes:

Oh...have a great weekend :)

Xenon
4th October 2013, 02:44 PM
OK - an update - chased Olympus as the promised call never came. They said they were just about to call. I have no reason to doubt that so let's assume that is the case.

The information in the system has not changed so as far as I can tell my camera has not been dispatched. They reiterated the promise to contact me as soon as information changes via phone/email. So the base problem remains of money taken over 3 weeks ago and still no real idea when I shall receive the goods. I have no doubt that the camera will arrive but we are talking a significant cost here and I expect a higher level of service and communication.

So in terms of fellow sufferers I hope that others have more definite information and progress.

I have to say that putting aside the highly unsatisfactory situation the people I have spoken to have been pleasant and helpful and seemed genuine so good marks on that front.

Hec

Hi Hec,

My call did arrive, so kudos to the executive who took the time to contact me.

Sadly the news is not so bright, but a date has been given, and my order has been prioritised, but is still 2 weeks away...in fact what I had originally expected :)

The confusion has been brought about by misinformation from Olympus Support, and this is being addressed I'm told.

An update to the shop systems to avoid this would be helpful.

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone who has been lucky enough to get one early gets on, and to see some of their results.

In the meantime, I shall enjoy my trusty E-M5 ;)

Xenon
4th October 2013, 03:29 PM
Perhaps there should be a new thread entitled "It's NOT on its way". :)

Ron

*chr Lol Love it!

Davecollins
5th October 2013, 06:43 PM
Hi Dave - nice to have you here; incidentally, we try to dissuade people from using the file attachment feature for images; best use the image url insertion button or the free gallery space (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/index.php) you get here :)

Also - if you aren't aware you might be able to make some good use of the Dealers Den (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47) board (Dave works for London Camera Exchange) :)

Ian

Thanks Ian, like the guys on here I am an Olympus fan and user, thanks for the info on uploading images, all noted.

Cheers

timd1230
5th October 2013, 07:16 PM
Dave was playing with "HIS" e-m1 when I picked mine up !

George Dorn
6th October 2013, 12:21 AM
According to that rumour site (http://www.olympus.co.jp/jp/info/2013b/if131004em1j.jsp), Olympus Japan have issued a delay warning for the 12-40 kits due to high demand.

paullus
6th October 2013, 06:32 AM
According to that rumour site (http://www.olympus.co.jp/jp/info/2013b/if131004em1j.jsp), Olympus Japan have issued a delay warning for the 12-40 kits due to high demand.

Sorry George but your link is to a Japanese language site.
I think this might be what you were pointing to:

http://www.43rumors.com/olympus-issues-a-12-40mm-lens-delay-warning-robin-wongs-e-m1-part-5-review/

A Google translation of the Japanese web page looks like this:

October 4 2013
Notice of going to send the E-M1 12-40mmF2.8 lens kit

Regarding the Company plans to launch on 19 October 2013 in the "OM-D E-M1 12-40mmF2.8 lens kit", it has received the reservation more than expected, released initially after sufficient quantity that you can not afford is expected, there is a case to have time to deliver.
I apologize from the bottom of my heart that We apologize for any inconvenience to our customers and have you wait.

Doesn't say who issued the warning or any details on the extent of the delay. I certainly hope that Olympus will be able to fulfil the earliest of the orders placed. I can only hope I'm on that short list having placed my order on 12th September.
I must admit to feeling a bit miffed now about the fact that my payment in full was taken on 30th September. Fortunately I have only been charged for one order despite my original cancelled order still showing in my account.
When I did contact Olympus support they were very friendly and helpful and they did say they work Monday to Friday. So we won't be getting anything from them over the weekend.

What I do find sad is for Olympus to be so overwhelmed with orders to the point where demand has outstripped supply they have seriously misjudged their popularity in the market and what people are prepared to pay for.

So the deadline to watch for the 12-40 kit release is now 19th October.
Happy days!

Steve

jamsa
6th October 2013, 07:04 AM
I followed the link posted and read through the recent comments and one customer posted the following.... Yikes! (hope it's not the same for the UK)
"...
For comparison’s sake, I ordered an E-M1, 12-40mm lens, and battery grip about an hour after Amazon U.S. started allowing pre-orders last month. Today I received an email with these expected delivery dates:E-M1 body — 18-22 OctoberHLD-7 battery grip — 21-25 November12-40mm lens — 12-16 December... "

brian1208
6th October 2013, 09:42 AM
In a moment of inspiration I thought to check the Jessops website and spotted that they were showing the EM-1 as in stock for home delivery

A quick call confirmed that they did indeed have 2 in stock (12-50 kits) so I have now cancelled my pre-order with WEX and expect delivery of my EM-1 on this Tuesday :)

If the rest of the service is as good as their phone ordering service - kudos to Jessops. I always liked dealing with them before they went bust and the new set-up seems pretty responsive

George Dorn
6th October 2013, 11:13 AM
My installation of Chrome translates it into some semblance of English, by itself, sorry! :o

paullus
6th October 2013, 11:31 AM
No problem Colin. If you hadn't posted the link I wouldn't have checked it out.
Cheers,
Steve

Olybirder
7th October 2013, 10:47 AM
In a moment of inspiration I thought to check the Jessops website and spotted that they were showing the EM-1 as in stock for home delivery

A quick call confirmed that they did indeed have 2 in stock (12-50 kits) so I have now cancelled my pre-order with WEX and expect delivery of my EM-1 on this Tuesday :)

If the rest of the service is as good as their phone ordering service - kudos to Jessops. I always liked dealing with them before they went bust and the new set-up seems pretty responsive
Jessops are still showing the 12-50 kits as in stock for home delivery or collection, if anyone is interested.

Ron

brian1208
7th October 2013, 02:18 PM
I should be getting mine from Jessops tomorrow (so long as nothing untoward happens :) )

So far, so very helpful for Jessops

bredman
7th October 2013, 04:21 PM
Whoaa ... SRS just phoned and asked me if i wanted the body for now and the 12-40 will follow at a later date. They'll bill me for the body and make up the difference when the lens is ready.

Bring it on. *super

brian1208
7th October 2013, 04:28 PM
now that is good service! *chr

jamsa
7th October 2013, 04:28 PM
Whoaa ... SRS just phoned and asked me if i wanted the body for now and the 12-40 will follow at a later date. They'll bill me for the body and make up the difference when the lens is ready.

Bring it on. *super

That's what I have been saying should happen! Good on SRS! :-)

anroo
7th October 2013, 05:12 PM

Bring it on. *super

I had the same call from SRS, fantastic service.

jamsa
7th October 2013, 05:21 PM
I had the same call from SRS, fantastic service.

I'm so jealous! Ffordes told me they only had one camera arrive and go out to whoever was first on the list.. ( not me)...:(

brian1208
8th October 2013, 10:25 AM
Well done Jessops, the camera arrived this morning (ordered on 6th October). What a lovely package it is too :)