PDA

View Full Version : Here's another!

paullus
29th September 2013, 07:36 AM
Hi.
I must admit that I didn't know there would be a delay on the EM-1 12-40 kit so I've been trawling the internet to get a glimpse of what I can expect when it eventually arrives.
Here I found a video by Steve Huff at Castle Leslie in Dublin.
The video is over 18 minutes and is very informative but nevertheless quite long. However if you want to skip to 12.07 mins it shows the Em-1 with grip attached and how to set up and use the Wi-Fi feature.

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/tag/olympus/

Cheers,
Steve

brian1208
29th September 2013, 09:15 AM
thanks for the link, interesting to watch despite his terrible video technique, I felt quite queasy watching it.

Doesn't the wait seem long - 19 days now since I placed my order and counting :D

Olybirder
29th September 2013, 09:29 AM
I think he likes it! I have never heard so many superlatives in one video. The Wi-Fi demonstration was very impressive and it looks great with the grip attached. I am starting to get rather excited. :D

Ron

Chevvyf1
29th September 2013, 10:21 AM
WoW ! I have to ask which phone is he using ? iphone ? or ??? HTC or Galaxy ? I am thinking iphone ? as no "brand" on it

Getting extremely excited here :) no camera for 4 weeks now ... :eek:

paullus
29th September 2013, 10:24 AM
Doesn't the wait seem long - 19 days now since I placed my order and counting :D

18 days ago me. I placed my order with the Olympus Shop. Interestingly I'm still showing two items on my order; the E-M1 12-40 kit with free grip and adapter plus my first order attempt which didn't process the voucher code for the freebies (the reason for which I explained in another post) which I quickly cancelled verbally and via email and is confirmed.
Knowing my luck though I'll either receive both orders or nothing!

Steve

paullus
29th September 2013, 10:34 AM
WoW ! I have to ask which phone is he using ? iphone ? or ??? HTC or Galaxy ? I am thinking iphone ? as no "brand" on it

Getting extremely excited here :) no camera for 4 weeks now ... :eek:

Hi Chevvy.

At 12:52 he says he's downloaded the app to his iPhone and I'm pretty sure it's an iPhone 5(S) from a fleeting glimpse of what I think is the new Micro-Dock port introduced by Apple on their latest iPhones and iPads.

I've just downloaded the app and here is the link with a choice for Apple and other Android device owners: http://oishare.olympus-imaging.com/

Steve

Chevvyf1
29th September 2013, 11:11 AM
Hi Chevvy.

At 12:52 he says he's downloaded the app to his iPhone and I'm pretty sure it's an iPhone 5(S) from a fleeting glimpse of what I think is the new Micro-Dock port introduced by Apple on their latest iPhones and iPads.

I've just downloaded the app and here is the link with a choice for Apple and other Android device owners: http://oishare.olympus-imaging.com/

Steve

Thanks for that Steve :) ... I have a tablet, or rather HAD until Nick got into playing Chess on it ... most days :) ... and my dear old Motorola Razor phone is about to give up and retire ... so it is a must purchase rather than want or need :)

jamsa
29th September 2013, 12:18 PM
Communication of accurate expected delivery dates would be a good customer move...surely they are pushing the manufacturers, they know how many that can roll off a production line, how many that are needed where and when, so why not update all those that have ordered and paid in good faith...;)

Chevvyf1
29th September 2013, 12:31 PM
Communication of accurate expected delivery dates would be a good customer move...surely they are pushing the manufacturers, they know how many that can roll off a production line, how many that are needed where and when, so why not update all those that have ordered and paid in good faith...;)

Great idea and EASY-PEASY with today technology & email :D

I can hardly wait to get my ONE :) :(

paullus
29th September 2013, 02:09 PM
Communication of accurate expected delivery dates would be a good customer move...surely they are pushing the manufacturers, they know how many that can roll off a production line, how many that are needed where and when, so why not update all those that have ordered and paid in good faith...

Did you enjoy the video clip though;)?

Chevvyf1
29th September 2013, 02:33 PM
Did you enjoy the video clip though?

I did VERY much - except it may cost me an iPhone 5s ... :rolleyes: and the 75 lens :eek:

jamsa
29th September 2013, 02:38 PM
I have already enjoyed every current review on YT..... All just make me want it in my camera bag now!

Wee man
29th September 2013, 05:00 PM
I was at Castle Leslie and asked the question will it work with good android phones/tablets (I do not like apple goods) and was assured it would; just as well as I have an upgrade due and might of had to change to an iphone! It was interesting to watch the camera in the lake being operated by an ipad on the dock.

Can we have a count down counter on the site to delivery day and a prize for the first shot from a ONE? Date would have to be in the metadata as I have shots as I was allowed to take the SD card home from Castle Leslie.

jamsa
29th September 2013, 05:04 PM
Nice idea but I have cat in hello chance of winning that one.... Camera and 2.8 lens expected date Nov!

paullus
29th September 2013, 05:23 PM
I was at Castle Leslie.....

I'm very sorry my wee friend but that is simply not good enough!
You can't just drop that one out without elaborating further.
Why were you at Castle Leslie?
What was it like?
What did you do?
What did you see?
Who did you see?
Come on spill the beans.......Please.:D

Just a reminder from my post above.

I've just downloaded the app and here is the link with a choice for Apple and other Android device owners: http://oishare.olympus-imaging.com/ (http://oishare.olympus-imaging.com/)

Steve

bassman
29th September 2013, 08:54 PM
I think he likes it! I have never heard so many superlatives in one video. The Wi-Fi demonstration was very impressive and it looks great with the grip attached. I am starting to get rather excited. :D

Ron

Was good to see that video, just downloaded the app to my smartphone.
Spent some time with the EM-1, demo day at WEX in Norwich, yesterday afternoon. Had previously pre-registered for the grip and adaptor offer and couldn't resist chance to see and handle the camera. Can't wait 'til Nov ! seems like there'll be at least two of us walking around Strumpshaw Fen with great big smiles on our faces. :)

David M
29th September 2013, 09:24 PM
Stef (West Arm Rider) on 4/3 User got his last Friday. He posted a photo of the E-M1 with his ceramic turtle checking it out. Can't remember if he's posted a shot taken with it yet.

Olybirder
29th September 2013, 09:42 PM
Can't wait 'til Nov ! seems like there'll be at least two of us walking around Strumpshaw Fen with great big smiles on our faces. :)
That sounds good. I will be the one wearing the perplexed expression as I work out how to use it. :D

Ron

Wee man
29th September 2013, 09:54 PM
I was there to see the 1
I saw all the people who are now writting reviews of the 1
I got to play with a 1 for over 8 hours
I saw Ian the only member of this site I have met*.
*Not true as now that Mark has joined I met him also.
I saw the house the horses the models the buns and biccy's and had a good meal.
I got to try out my 4/3 lens on a 1

It is a great place I have stayed there in the past.

And I can say that seeing a 1 on the day added me to the list of people who have placed a preorder! This is something I have never done before.

Olybirder
30th September 2013, 12:16 PM
I notice the cap is already missing from the external flash connector in the video. That looks familiar! Perhaps it has just been put in a safe place. ;)

Would that affect the integrity of the weather sealing?

Ron

brian1208
30th September 2013, 03:31 PM
I lost my EM-5 cap off the hot shoe some while back and its still working well in the pouring rain, as it did this last Sunday (same with my 7d and 5Dmk2)

I don't think its part of the necessary sealing (unlike the accessory port cover)

jamsa
30th September 2013, 05:24 PM
Blunty's production E-M1 review video...

http://youtu.be/N9Omqui0SoI

jamsa
30th September 2013, 05:37 PM
...and a time lapse demo but a typo as it says for EM5...it should read E-M1

http://youtu.be/7hl1yg2uMSI

jamsa
2nd October 2013, 03:29 PM
Blunty's review of the 12-40 So glad I have it on order now!!
http://youtu.be/c1GhRjYH-os

paullus
2nd October 2013, 05:40 PM
I'm considering saving my E-M1 & 12-40 for Christmas Day to prolong the agony of waiting to get my hands on it.
What do you think of my chances*crazyxmas

jamsa
2nd October 2013, 05:49 PM
I'm considering saving my E-M1 & 12-40 for Christmas Day to prolong the agony of waiting to get my hands on it.
What do you think of my chances*crazyxmas

As much chance as my chocolate fireguard!

paullus
17th October 2013, 05:36 PM
Sorry but here's another
http://www.thephoblographer.com/2013/09/30/review-olympus-omd-em1-micro-four-thirds-slightly-nsfw/ (http://www.thephoblographer.com/2013/09/30/review-olympus-omd-em1-micro-four-thirds-slightly-nsfw/)

Very favourable review. However one thing made me bristle a bit and it's found under ergonomics:

"The screen also flips up and downward in a same fashion that Sonyís screens work. The E5′s screen was more of a tilt-swivel style more similar to that of Canonís DSLRs. Some folks may like that more".

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Olympus E3 the first DSLR to feature an articulating screen yet here Canon are given the credit!:mad:

Steve

Wee man
17th October 2013, 06:07 PM
But who helps out with his salary?

paullus
17th October 2013, 06:20 PM
But who helps out with his salary?

Ah!
Damn and buggeration I hadn't thought of that!
What a stinker:mad:

He does seem to like the E-M1 though and I'm currently having to take solace in other peoples reviews as I wait VERY PATIENTLY FOR MINE TO ARRIVE!!! *yes