PDA

View Full Version : Jenny (nude)

Graham_of_Rainham
8th September 2008, 03:06 PM
... I'm all excited about the next one ...... and eventually learning the nature of your project; does it have an "RPS" in it? ;) :D

RPS :cool: An interesting idea, and one I have considered.

The "project" however is aimed at a competition that is in October and the club that always wins seems to have an Art Nude picture in the panel. They are always very tastefully presented and very high quality. So this year I thought I'd try and match their efforts with one of my own.

So I now have to take all the comments on board and select which one to present to the selection committee.

As you have asked to see more of Jenny :D

This is one that I like but is not of the "bodyscape" style I shall be using.

As always though, comments are welcome

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/Jenny_3.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/8090)

*chr

DekHog
8th September 2008, 03:48 PM
Does 'Yummy' count as a comment?? :D

Seriously, it is a very good shot, the only thing I find slightly odd is the shadowing on her face.

E-P1 fan
8th September 2008, 05:25 PM
I agree - yummy indeed.

I assume IS was on here ..... would have had to have been if I'd been taking the shot :)

gno
8th September 2008, 06:41 PM
Hi Graham,

Nice idea but I find the reflections from the aluminum /metal foil? a bit distracting on both both her face and tummy.

Regards

Gavin

B.P.S Studios
8th September 2008, 07:10 PM
Can't really fault this one, lovely shot Graham. Your coming along!;)

Zuiko
8th September 2008, 07:18 PM
To be honest, Graham, this falls into the category of the more typical nude/glamour image that leaves me cold. She's certainly a nice looking girl but the pose looks awkward and contrived, the lighting too harsh and the shadow on the left of her face is almost brutal.

Normally I would not be so openly critical of this type of picture, not least because I would struggle to produce anything up to even this mediocre standard myself, but from your previous pictures we know you can do so much better. Those pictures are on a much higher plane of pure and simple art, reducing the female form to almost abstact representations of shapes, curves, lines, textures, light and shade. They are a beautiful celebration of the female form in it's most innocent and natural sense, this picture isn't.

Graham_of_Rainham
8th September 2008, 09:13 PM
To be honest, Graham, this falls into the category of the more typical nude/glamour image that leaves me cold. She's certainly a nice looking girl but the pose looks awkward and contrived, the lighting too harsh and the shadow on the left of her face is almost brutal.

Normally I would not be so openly critical of this type of picture, not least because I would struggle to produce anything up to even this mediocre standard myself, but from your previous pictures we know you can do so much better. Those pictures are on a much higher plane of pure and simple art, reducing the female form to almost abstact representations of shapes, curves, lines, textures, light and shade. They are a beautiful celebration of the female form in it's most innocent and natural sense, this picture isn't.

John,

The only word of your comment I dissagree with is the word "awkward", as I feel that Jenny was so professional and totally relaxed.

Originally I wasn't going to post this image as it wasn't in keeping with the "bodyscape" theme that I'm working on, and my own thoughts on this, which to a degree are similar, it would seem, to yours. But I guess I was flattered by by the comments made about the other images and made the wrong decision.

I shall now have to concentrate on the other three and make my final choice of which to use in a competition.

Regards