PDA

View Full Version : Managed to get the E-M1 Oly Image Share app installed

Ian
18th September 2013, 04:44 PM
I want to say a big thank you to StephenL for helping me to get the pre-release version of the Olympus Image Sharing App (for wifi connected remote viewing and shooting, plus geo-tagging) for the OM-D E-M1 installed on an iPad and iPhone 4s this afternoon :)

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/511/ois-app_em1.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/65823)

Pen E-P5 users already have access to a simpler version of this app which only works in iAuto mode.

In fact it I am also amazed to realise that Stephen relocated from tyhe 'big hoos' in Scotland so close to me; he is barely 20 minutes from Hemel in a rather beautiful part of Watford (never thought I'd say that!) which is the Munden House estate.

Ian

StephenL
18th September 2013, 05:25 PM
It was fascinating seeing this useful bit of software in action, Ian. A worthwhile exercise for both of us!

Graham_of_Rainham
18th September 2013, 05:27 PM
I'm going to London on Friday, any chance of a link to the app to try out a few things?

Thanks

jamsa
18th September 2013, 06:29 PM
I saw this being demonstrated today but it was not working fully. The app opened and you could scan the camera barcode on its screen to complete the link up but then you could not control the camera at all. I was told that this will be working on the production EM1's as the demonstration models are not 100% yet. ( there are only 6 in the uk right now)

cliff
18th September 2013, 06:41 PM
There is an updated app(Olympus image share) in the android play store for the EM-1, but I don't know if it's the same as the apple pre-release version that Ian has ?
regards Cliff

StephenL
18th September 2013, 06:47 PM
There is an updated app(Olympus share) in the android play store for the EM-1, but I din't know if it's the same as the apple pre release version that Ian has ?
regards Cliff
It is, but we couldn't get my Galaxy tab to communicate properly. A few glitches in the camera software, I think. I suspect the problem lay in getting the camera to change from one device to another.

ian p
18th September 2013, 07:54 PM
I found this link:
Olympus Image share - Get Olympus share for IOS and Android (http://www.getolympus.com/olympusimageshare)

I don't know if it works with the E-M1.

StephenL
18th September 2013, 07:57 PM
As far as I know the Android version is complete but not the Apple (yet). The version Ian and I were using on the iPad was a beta.

ian p
18th September 2013, 08:09 PM
Yes just installing the updated version 2.1 for Android. Where it says:
Added support for E-M1
Added support for FlashAir W-02

I'm now ready for the E-M1 event here in 2 weeks.

Ian
18th September 2013, 10:04 PM
As far as I know the Android version is complete but not the Apple (yet). The version Ian and I were using on the iPad was a beta.

The Android one appears identical to the pre-release iOS version. I have asked Olympus for clarification!

Ian

Ian
18th September 2013, 10:08 PM
I'm going to London on Friday, any chance of a link to the app to try out a few things?

Thanks

Graham - if your phone/tablet is Android then there should be an E-M1 compatible update on the Google Play Store.

The version I have for Apple iOS devices appears functionally identical. Unfortunately it's only available for demos via Olympus.

Ian

Ross the fiddler
18th September 2013, 10:30 PM
It would be nice if they made a Win8 app too.

Ian
19th September 2013, 07:31 AM
The not so good news is that the extra functionality for the E-M1 in the app (PASM control, for a start) is not extended to the Pen E-P5. This could change in the future according to correspondence with Olympus in Japan, but there are no promises.

Ian