PDA

View Full Version : Farewell beloved Pentax....

dogsbody
17th September 2013, 03:58 PM
Hello Olympus.

after much deliberating I have pre-ordered an M1. *chr

All of my Pentax kit including a considerable amount of glass is off to SRS for commission sale.

'Tis a bit wet but I feel slightly sad, worried, yet overall enthusiastic to get to grips with a new system.

I am not expecting to take better pictures, but to enjoy different ways of taking them (and to grunt less whilst carrying my kit) In the meanwhile I am going to borrow a camera to stop an outbreak of grumpiness.

Zuiko
17th September 2013, 04:23 PM
Hello Olympus.

after much deliberating I have pre-ordered an M1. *chr

All of my Pentax kit including a considerable amount of glass is off to SRS for commission sale.

'Tis a bit wet but I feel slightly sad, worried, yet overall enthusiastic to get to grips with a new system.

I am not expecting to take better pictures, but to enjoy different ways of taking them (and to grunt less whilst carrying my kit) In the meanwhile I am going to borrow a camera to stop an outbreak of grumpiness.

That's a giant leap of faith but I'm sure you will enjoy the E-M1. Look forward to seeing your pictures. *chr

Phill D
17th September 2013, 07:18 PM
I agree with John but the E-M1 seemed to be a terrific camera so I'm sure you'll soon get used to it. Just wondered what particular vintage of Pentax you were moving from?

dogsbody
18th September 2013, 06:44 PM
I agree with John but the E-M1 seemed to be a terrific camera so I'm sure you'll soon get used to it. Just wondered what particular vintage of Pentax you were moving from?

Fairly recent Phil, K-x and K30. I have a lot of time for both, but I have high hopes for the Olympus.

tomphotofx
18th September 2013, 07:43 PM
A giant leap of faith, but one you'll look back on and know you did the right thing. Somewhere else on this forum is a m4/3 60mm macro lens up for sale I'd take another step further and make the owner a reasonable offer.

Looking forward to see if you're happy with the EM-1.

Tom :)

Phill D
18th September 2013, 08:25 PM
Yes wish I could go for that 60mm but the E-M1 has cleaned me out of cash and good will at home :(

DennisP
19th September 2013, 10:41 AM
Hi dogsbody - I am contemplating doing the same thing with my Pentax gear.
Would SRS no offer you a trade-in on the E-M1. ? If not how does this commision sale work.?

dogsbody
19th September 2013, 11:53 AM
A giant leap of faith, but one you'll look back on and know you did the right thing. Somewhere else on this forum is a m4/3 60mm macro lens up for sale I'd take another step further and make the owner a reasonable offer.

Looking forward to see if you're happy with the EM-1.

Tom :)

Thanks Tom, tempting as it may seem, it has been made perfectly clear to me that I have to resist the urge to spend any more on my hobby for a while. *nono
(Well I suppose Christmas could be deemed an escape clause)

I suspect that when the new owners take posession of their EM-1's there will be no shortage of comments, but I may add my opinions from the perspective of an ex Pentaxian.

regards

Jonathan

dogsbody
19th September 2013, 12:19 PM
Hi dogsbody - I am contemplating doing the same thing with my Pentax gear.
Would SRS no offer you a trade-in on the E-M1. ? If not how does this commision sale work.?

Hi Dennis,

Yes they do offer a straight part exchange, but commision sales has increased the amount offered.

Basically contact them to discuss your kit and obtain a valuation, then if you ask for a commission sale there are two options.

Window sale or e-bay. It seems that you may get more if it goes in their window but e-bay offers a quick sale.

As kit gets sold the funds raised are either credited to you or a cheque will find its way to you.

exciting times:D

Did you go to their EM-1 event?

regards and good luck

Jonathan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonsaull1967/

jamsa
19th September 2013, 12:30 PM
Ebay is so expensive nowadays... the deductions for final sale price on photographic equipment is very off putting!!