PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Hemel with a Mac?

Ian
17th September 2013, 01:21 PM
I have an iPad (not an iMac as originally typed by mistake) and an iPhone but no Mac desktop or laptop needed to install the pre-release Olympus Image Share app... can anyone help?

Ian

Jetset95
17th September 2013, 01:43 PM
What's your iMac if it's not a desktop Ian? Mine is... BTW I'm in East Herts near Stansted, I don't think that's going to help you.

StephenL
17th September 2013, 01:47 PM
I have a Macbook, 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4Gb ram. Live just outside Watford.

pault
17th September 2013, 01:58 PM
Ian.
re: iMac, do you mean you have an iPad? If so on both iPad/ iPhone go to "App Store" application,where you can download the olympus application.
If you did mean iMac, then use iTunes to download application.
Hope this helps

Ian
17th September 2013, 02:25 PM
Sorry! I meant iPad noto iMac (corrected in original post now).

The software I have is pre-release and not on the App store and can only be installed using a Mac.

It's so much easier on Android!

Ian

ian p
17th September 2013, 04:50 PM
Olympus support told me, to do a camera firmware upgrade, I needed to find someone with a Windows computer. So yes. Not impressed. Crappy amateurs.

Ian. (with a dot)

Ian
17th September 2013, 05:19 PM
Olympus support told me, to do a camera firmware upgrade, I needed to find someone with a Windows computer. So yes. Not impressed. Crappy amateurs.

Ian. (with a dot)

I've never used a Mac to do a camera update but I'm sure you can?

Ian

Glee
17th September 2013, 06:02 PM
Hi, I have been a long term windows and mac user. Olympus updater works on both platforms, I have never known of any software of this nature for an iPad, but then I have never looked, so it might be there is.

I am a bit more nervous of the mac as depending on the OS version the system may restrict or even prevent some third party apps from working properly. This is good and bad, good that security issues are well managed, bad to get things to work you need some knowledge of OS X and how to temporarily suspend some of the security features.