PDA

View Full Version : Adobe support for E-M1 raw

Bikie John
17th September 2013, 11:19 AM
Good news :)

Adobe told me it had an update to Adobe Camera Raw for Photoshop this morning, so I let it go ahead and install. Now Photoshop CS6 will open E-M1 raw files quite happily - it's a bit difficult to find details from Adobe because their website pushes you towards CS all the time, but somewhere during the update it mentioned "Support for Olympus OM-D E-M1 (provisional)". From a very quick look it seems to make a reasonably intelligent job of it. "About - Plugin" shows the raw processor level as 8.2.094.

I also run Lightroom, at version 4.4. No sign of support in that just yet, maybe it hasn't been released or maybe it will only talk to version 5.

Ciao ... John

Ian
17th September 2013, 11:23 AM
Thanks John - am downloading the CS6 updates now.

There are no updates yet for LR5. I don't think there will be any more updates or LR4 now LR5 is out.

Ian

Olybirder
17th September 2013, 11:28 AM
I am not sure that my version of CS4 will be supported. I just ran the updater but it didn't find any updates. I suppose I will need to use the DNG Converter.

Ron

Ian
17th September 2013, 11:36 AM
I am not sure that my version of CS4 will be supported. I just ran the updater but it didn't find any updates. I suppose I will need to use the DNG Converter.

Ron

The update is only for PS CS6. You might find a DNG Converter update on Adobe Labs.

Ian

Bikie John
17th September 2013, 01:12 PM
The page for latest level of the DNG converter (a standalone program which will read your raw files and spit out .DNG files which PS/LR should accept) is at http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5646 for the Windoze version. I found it easily from a quick search on Adobe's website for "adobe camera raw" so if you want the Mac version it should also be easy to find.

It says the latest is 8.2 and it claims to include provisional support for the E-M1.

Hope this helps ... John

Olybirder
17th September 2013, 01:17 PM
Thanks John. I will take a deep breath before I plunge into the Adobe site. :D I might have a look at Olympus Viewer 3 when the camera arrives. I have never got on with the earlier versions but if needs must ... It might be better now.

Ron