PDA

View Full Version : Mirrot lock-up on E-600

Welshlansdcaper
16th September 2013, 05:35 PM
Hi knowledgeable ones

Is it possible to get Mirror lock-up on an E-600?

thanks

Mike

Ian
16th September 2013, 05:46 PM
Not in the way I suspect you want it to work, but the camera does lock up the mirror for you in a number of ways. First of all in live view mode the mirror is locked up. Unfortunately, the mirror needs to flap down and back up again when taking a picture, partly because it is part of the mechanism that controls the shutter. But there is an anti-shock mode that you can set a delay time for; this flips the mirror up before the shutter opens. The time delay set in seconds is the gap between the mirror going up, allowing the camera to settle, and the shutter opening and closing.

Ian

Welshlansdcaper
16th September 2013, 05:53 PM
Thanks Ian

I want to try some long exposure night shots. Especially from the top of Caerphilly mountain where the town lights lead up the valleys. Looking on the 'net - most people say to use mirror lock-up to prevent any camera shake - which is why I asked.

Still going to try it anyway

Regards

Mike

SteveJ
16th September 2013, 07:11 PM
I have the E-600 and yes you can its called "anti shock" as Ian says.

To switch it on you go to:
MENU
SCROLL DOWN TO THE 2 COGS
GO TO EXP/ISO
AND SCROLL TO ANTI SHOCK Here you set it to whatever delay you want, i have it at 5sec.
When you have done this you will have more options within the shooting modes. On the top of the camera on the left hand side you have two silver buttons one to pop up the flash, and the other is the shooting modes. Press this when you have the Super Control Panel open and the shooting modes with the diamond shape next to the will have the mirror lock up function.
Hope you understand all of that...........

Steve

P.S If you are doing long exposures turn the Graduation filter to normal, in fact turn it to normal and leave it there.

Welshlansdcaper
16th September 2013, 07:33 PM
Thanks Steve

I went out to take a few pictures, but as usual its raining and there's a mist rising off the River Rhymney. So back home and try again tomorrow night:(

regards

Mike

bilbo
16th September 2013, 07:40 PM
If you are doing long (multi-second) exposure night shots then the mirror vibration will not be at all noticeable and you don't need mirror lock for this.

benvendetta
16th September 2013, 07:54 PM
Thanks Steve

I went out to take a few pictures, but as usual its raining and there's a mist rising off the River Rhymney. So back home and try again tomorrow night:(

regards

Mike

Pity it is rainy over there, as the mist would add to the shot. Make sure you don't wait until it is completey dark so you retain some colour in the sky. You arn't a member of Caerphilly (or any local) Camera Club per chance? I judge over at The Twyn quite often.

Welshlansdcaper
16th September 2013, 09:08 PM
Hi Dave

I'm not a member of Caerphilly CC (yet). I do intend to come down on a Wednesday evening and show my face as it were. At the moment I have just moved into my flat and am still trying to organise everything.

Regards

Mike

benvendetta
16th September 2013, 09:26 PM
Hi Dave

I'm not a member of Caerphilly CC (yet). I do intend to come down on a Wednesday evening and show my face as it were. At the moment I have just moved into my flat and am still trying to organise everything.

Regards

Mike

I wouldn't go on a wednesday as they meet on a Monday. :eek:

Welshlansdcaper
16th September 2013, 09:34 PM
Dammit, sorry, Bargoed meet on a Wednesday, duh!