PDA

View Full Version : Why use a VF-n on the new camera

DerekW
16th September 2013, 10:19 AM
The camera shape simulator provides the opportunity to use the VF-n viewfinder in use.

Why when the camera appears to have an eye level viewfinder would one need to use an additional viewfinder.

Zuiko
16th September 2013, 10:29 AM
The camera shape simulator provides the opportunity to use the VF-n viewfinder in use.

Why when the camera appears to have an eye level viewfinder would one need to use an additional viewfinder.

Possibly when shooting from a low angle or at ground level and the light is too bright for viewing on the tilting screen.

Ian
16th September 2013, 11:20 AM
This question was asked of the E-M5 as well. I understand a couple of members here have VF units they use on their E-M5s for low angle shooting.

Ian

DerekW
16th September 2013, 12:22 PM
OK - although I thought the new camera had a live view screen that could be tilted.

mhobart
16th September 2013, 01:26 PM
OK - although I thought the new camera had a live view screen that could be tilted.

Yes it does, but sometimes when one is outside the lighting conditions at the camera location you must use may make that difficult, as was mentioned. The ability to tilt the viewfinder is quite useful if the camera is mounted in a low position for a macro shot, for example.

StephenL
16th September 2013, 01:30 PM
I sometimes find it easier focussing on a viewfinder rather than on a screen, especially for macro shots.

But I have stopped using my VF-4 on my E-M5 most of the time. It gets rather bulky!