PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Hitting movie button

bsum
15th September 2013, 03:31 PM
I didn't buy this brilliant little camera to make movies, but keep accidentally hitting it. Can it be disabled? Anyone else have this problem?

gregles
15th September 2013, 03:43 PM
I do the same from time to time, completely unaware that I have done so - it always makes for interesting viewing later, particularly at parties:D

I have never thought about disabling it.

bsum
15th September 2013, 03:50 PM
But too much battery use, and movies of my feet and grass!

IainMacD
15th September 2013, 04:35 PM
You can assign another function to it, but then I suppose something else unwanted might happen!
I have mine set as ael?

bsum
15th September 2013, 04:45 PM
Thanks Ian. Didn't know I could do that (what is ael?). Could I assign it to add a Raw?

Wonderful photos on your website.

IainMacD
15th September 2013, 06:45 PM
Thank you bsum
The manual is not great but starting on page 71 it tells you how to turn on the custom menus then on page 72 it shows that Menu B is the place to programme the functions assigned to the various buttons and dials. Page 80 confirms that, yes, you can assign RAW shooting to this button.
I hope this helps?

IainMacD
15th September 2013, 06:53 PM
Sorry I forgot about AEL, this is a way of fixing the exposure of a shot before reframing and focusing. For example if you were shooting in Aperture mode and wanted to correctly expose for a bright sky you could point the camera entirely at the sky press the button and the camera would set the shutter speed to the correct exposure, you could then move the camera to frame and focus on the main subject, take the shot and have a perfect sky (in theory).
If I have missed anything I am sure someone on here will soon put us right.

byegad
28th October 2013, 06:59 AM
Yup. I have mine set as AEL. Very useful. I have a camcorder for video.

bilbo
31st October 2013, 08:50 AM
I've just set mine to Focus Peaking. Much more useful than taking random movies. :)

David Morison
31st October 2013, 09:27 AM
Mine is set to DTC

David

jamaljan
6th July 2014, 02:15 PM
Yup. I have mine set as AEL. Very useful. I have a camcorder for video.

so, the video on epl5 is not good? :confused: