PDA

View Full Version : My Two Weeks in Granada

Yat
14th September 2013, 09:22 PM
I was on a business trip in Granada Spain for two weeks. In the evening and weekend, I shot a series of time lapse and videos and made this video.

Embedding Vimeo video does not seem to work, but please take a look and feedback are welcome.

https://vimeo.com/74517081

Anne
15th September 2013, 07:48 AM
Great video! It's kind of like an alternative tourism video with your take on life in Grenada and the way you have put it together works for me. I think your choice of music is perfect for the subject matter and the sequences of rolling clouds are beautiful.

With the time lapse photography (not having done it before), I am assuming you set the camera up to take a photo every so often and joined them together.....how long did you leave between pictures and on average how many did you need to take to create the different sequences?

(Thanks to Chevvy for her recent thread as I didn't notice you could select unanswered posts...I have never have looked at movies before so I would have missed this!)

Yat
15th September 2013, 10:10 AM
Thanks Anne,
Most of the time lapse were shot at 3-5s intervals and then joined together. I normally show each image for 0.04s(24FPS) to 0.08s(12FPS). Each sequence takes about 30-45 minutes to shoot. It is a good idea to shoot at slow shutter speed to show some movement blur, so a variable ND filter were used for most of the shots.
Regards

Bikie John
15th September 2013, 12:04 PM
Very nicely put together, Yat. Being a confirmed hispanophile, the city shots and that drive up the mountain really catch the feeling of Spain nicely. And as Anne says, the time lapse cloud sequences are fascinating.

Ciao ... John

bilbo
17th September 2013, 03:33 PM
Very interesting video. Immediately recognised the beach in Nerja by the side of the Balcón de Europa. :)

Lucky you to have been there for work!

Phill D
17th September 2013, 07:26 PM
I love your time lapse videos Yat. Another cracker.

Yat
18th September 2013, 12:38 PM
Very interesting video. Immediately recognised the beach in Nerja by the side of the Balcón de Europa. :)

Lucky you to have been there for work!

Thanks guys. I was at Granada for two weeks for work, but I did get the middle Sunday off which I spent on the beach of Nerja. It was very quiet this time of the year.

trailer
5th October 2013, 05:30 PM
Very nice indeed! Can I ask what software you used to process the images into the timelapse?

Chevvyf1
5th October 2013, 07:18 PM
I just took some of "my own medicine" and looked in something NEW ! I have not been interested in this section and yet, I have so very much enjoyed your presentation. Thank YOU *chr

I may just have a go at this, one day ...

I enjoyed it all so much - but I think the crossroads and the people were excellent !

off to take another look :)

paullus
6th October 2013, 01:10 PM
Hi Yat.
It is a really beautiful film and I thought so familiar until at 2:07mins I recognised the beach overlooked by the Balcon De Europa in Nerja.
I stayed with my wife in a villa two miles out of Nerja near Frigiliana for two weeks in June. It is a truly wonderful place with breathtaking scenery and views.
Thank you for reminding me.
Steve

Yat
6th October 2013, 05:34 PM
Thanks for your kind comments.

I use Window Movie Maker which is free for all Windows users.