PDA

View Full Version : E system flash & OMD-EM1

Sylvatica
14th September 2013, 02:40 PM
Working out what to flog to part fund the new camera body. Does the FL36 flash work with the OMD?

Ian
14th September 2013, 02:42 PM
Yes, the E-M1 is completely compatible with the Olympus flash system.

Ian

Sylvatica
14th September 2013, 02:47 PM
Thanks, Ian.

andym
20th August 2014, 06:42 PM
I'm not a great user of flash but do own an FL36 old version. I can't get it to work with my E-M1 in TTL mode only manual or auto.
Am I missing something, anyone any ideas.

pault
20th August 2014, 07:26 PM
Hi Andy
I assume you are referring to using the flash mounted on the camera? I have the FL36R and when mounted, pressing the "mode" button cycles through: "auto", "manual" and "TTL auto". Presumably this is not happening with you.

andym
20th August 2014, 07:31 PM
Hi Andy
I assume you are referring to using the flash mounted on the camera? I have the FL36R and when mounted, pressing the "mode" button cycles through: "auto", "manual" and "TTL auto". Presumably this is not happening with you.

Hi

Yes with the flash mounted on the camera. I can only get auto and manual as if the flash is not talking to the camera(although the flash will fire). Hence the shutter speed is very low in poor light.
I can put the camera into M mode and adjust the shutter speed to do what I want but that's messy.

Ps the flash works fine in all modes on my E5 so it's not the unit.

I'm stumpped.

andym
20th August 2014, 07:36 PM
Sussed it, I cleaned the contacts on top of the E-M1 and hey presto. I assume over the 10 months I've had it with the cover filed away in the box it's got some crap on it.

pault
20th August 2014, 07:45 PM
Hi again.
Just looked on internet, someone had same problem but with panasonic camera and FL36, cleaned contacts with eraser, cured problem.
Just a suggestion
paul

pault
20th August 2014, 07:47 PM
Andy, you beat me to it.
Glad you solved problem
Pault

andym
20th August 2014, 07:47 PM
Hi Paul

See above, thanks anyway for the tip.

*chr*chr*chr

hotbath1962
20th August 2014, 07:53 PM
The other thing I've noticed is that the flash needs pushing fully forward on the hotshoe. Even just a shade out seems to make a difference.