PDA

View Full Version : Ordered but....read carefully.

paullus
13th September 2013, 08:56 PM
I've been saving for this moment for months and now I've ordered an
OM-D E-M1 12-40 kit with free MMf-3 adaptor and HLD-7 grip direct from Olympus.
The ordering process wasn't plain sailing though and I'm still not convinced it'll work out as it should.
My E5 etc is registered with Olympus so I made my choice of E-M1 kit and entered the voucher code for the free adaptor and grip offer and proceeded to checkout where the details of the complete order was shown. I then selected my card type and submitted the details of my Halifax CC only to have it bounce back with a message saying my CC provider had blocked the transaction which has been discussed elsewhere. So what I did then was press back on my browser to the page where you submit your CC details again. Having entered my MBNA CC details I pressed submit and the payment was accepted. I received an email confirming my order but I was concerned to see that the invoice did not show the MMF-3 or grip so I contacted Olympus' Shop Customer Services. I got through quickly and explained my concern and I was told that my voucher code had not been used and the MMF-3 and grip weren't included on my order. When my first attempt was refused the ordering system for some reason removed my voucher code entry. After a brief discussion I was advised to agree to cancel the entire order and reorder it again which I did verbally and with follow up emails to Olympus Customer Services. However now I have two orders for nearly £4000 showing on my order history. I can only hope that this will be sorted out after the weekend and that I'm not charged for both orders.
So if you are ordering online from the Olympus shop and your credit card is refused make sure you back up to the page where you enter the voucher code or cancel the order entirely and start again.

Olybirder
13th September 2013, 09:10 PM
I've been saving for this moment for months and now I've ordered an
OM-D E-M1 12-40 kit with free MMf-3 adaptor and HLD-7 grip direct from Olympus.
The ordering process wasn't plain sailing though and I'm still not convinced it'll work out as it should.
My E5 etc is registered with Olympus so I made my choice of E-M1 kit and entered the voucher code for the free adaptor and grip offer and proceeded to checkout where the details of the complete order was shown. I then selected my card type and submitted the details of my Halifax CC only to have it bounce back with a message saying my CC provider had blocked the transaction which has been discussed elsewhere. So what I did then was press back on my browser to the page where you submit your CC details again. Having entered my MBNA CC details I pressed submit and the payment was accepted. I received an email confirming my order but I was concerned to see that the invoice did not show the MMF-3 or grip so I contacted Olympus' Shop Customer Services. I got through quickly and explained my concern and I was told that my voucher code had not been used and the MMF-3 and grip weren't included on my order. After a brief discussion I was advised to cancel the entire order and reorder it again which I did verbally and with follow up emails to Olympus Customer Services. However now I have two orders for nearly 4000 showing on my order history and I can only hope that this will be sorted out after the weekend.
So if you are ordering online from the Olympus shop and your credit card is refused make sure you back up to the page where you enter the voucher code or cancel the order entirely and start again.
That sounds very similar to what happened to me. I had my payment declined and when I pressed the 'back' button it came up with a screen saying order completed successfully. However the special offer items were missing from the order details. After a phone call and email to Olympus they phoned me back to say that I would be receiving the pre-order offers. I must admit that I wouldn't be happy to be in your position with two orders showing, though.

Ron

paullus
13th September 2013, 09:14 PM
That sounds very similar to what happened to me. I had my payment declined and when I pressed the 'back' button it came up with a screen saying order completed successfully. However the special offer items were missing from the order details. After a phone call and email to Olympus they phoned me back to say that I would be receiving the pre-order offers. I must admit that I wouldn't be happy to be in your position with two orders showing, though.

Ron

Hi Ron.
When I spoke to them I was told that they would have to send an email to the shop asking if the missing items can be added to my order but with no guarantee. That is why I agreed to cancel and start again.

bilbo
13th September 2013, 09:18 PM
Also. Check with your credit card company to see if your card has been blocked..... Both of mine were! All OK now.

Olybirder
13th September 2013, 09:24 PM
Also. Check with your credit card company to see if your card has been blocked..... Both of mine were! All OK now.
I had a phone call from HSBC's fraud department to confirm that it was me who had used the card. Comforting in a way but rather annoying that they had blocked payment.

Ron

David Morison
13th September 2013, 09:43 PM
I pre-ordered from SRS, my preferred supplier, so it's hopefully smooth running for me.

David