PDA

View Full Version : HELP! What happens next?Repair issue.

andym
12th September 2013, 08:39 AM
My 12-60 went off to Nottingham last Monday with a fault on the aperture blades.
I know it's been delivered and is probably on it's way to Portugal. But what happens next,do I get an Email with the repair estimate and how do I pay?

This is the first time apart from a warrenty repair I've use this service.The link on the original repair mail does not work and if I look at track a repair on the Olympus website it just is still in status "post the lens".

Anyone used this service recently and have any info?

Thanks

Ian
12th September 2013, 08:59 AM
My 12-60 went off to Nottingham last Monday with a fault on the aperture blades.
I know it's been delivered and is probably on it's way to Portugal. But what happens next,do I get an Email with the repair estimate and how do I pay?

This is the first time apart from a warrenty repair I've use this service.The link on the original repair mail does not work and if I look at track a repair on the Olympus website it just is still in status "post the lens".

Anyone used this service recently and have any info?

Thanks

Andy - I think you are coming to the event today? Happy to get you the info you need :)

Ian

andym
12th September 2013, 09:06 AM
Hi Ian

Yes I'll be there,see you later.

The Saint
12th September 2013, 08:53 PM
Andy

In the past I've got a quote in the post within a week, phoned olympus and paid on a card and received it back within a couple of weeks.

Know you spoke to Ian and that ideally you need to get it back for a trip in the not too distant future.

Simon

andym
12th September 2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks for this.It seems to me that in this day and age e mail would be so much quicker.:confused::confused::confused:

I'll send the details to Ian tomorrow.

DerekW
15th September 2013, 03:12 PM
In July I received a quote by email, then rang the telephone number (which was in Prague) to accept the quote and was then connected to Southend on Sea to give the card number for payment.

The repair service is still frustrating in that the parcel goes to Nottingham taking 3 or more days, if a weekend is involved, and then waits to be sent to Portugal. I am sure that if after registering a device for repair, a label could be generated to be stuck on the parcel, together with instructions to contact the courier company to arrange a collection.
Then after being collected the parcel is sent directly to the repair centre without passing "Go" (Nottingham). Any extra cost would be no more than the cost of shipping/posting a valuable item to Nottingham as Olympus would be able to negotiate a bulk rate fee from the courier. This way the repair process (time away from the owners home) could be reduced by 1 week or more.

andym
17th September 2013, 08:47 AM
Finally got a mail today saying it's arrived at the repair facility.Now waiting to find out what the damage will be:(:(:(
Not gonna be cheap methinks.

Ian
17th September 2013, 09:47 AM
I sent my faulty Archos tablet to be seen to by the manufacturer. I had to send it to France (not cheap!) and then over five weeks later it came back unrepaired - apparently 'no fault found'. The fact that the GPS didn't work and the USB port for data and charging didn't work apparently eluded them (all explained in a covering letter).

Best was HTC who even though I'd had the phone for 20 months (2 year warranty) collected my phone on the Monday and it came back on the Thursday with a new motherboard fitted. Excellent service!

Ian

StephenL
17th September 2013, 10:39 AM
I had a small crack on the casing of my second-hand Macbook, 3 years old. Took it to the local Apple store in Watford, who had it repaired and returned inside a week, including a new screen, FOC.

andym
19th September 2013, 10:11 AM
Got a mail today with the repair estimate,paid by phone this morning.It's 117,I was expecting more.:D:D

Fingers crossed is back for the 27th for when I go away.*yes*yes*yes

andym
25th September 2013, 12:10 PM
Few,back with two days to spare before I go away.So it was away for two weeks and two days.
Repair was apature blades replaced.I watched on DHL's traking system over the last couple of days,its been on a sight seeing tour of Europe itself from Lisborn to Brussels to Heathrow to Gatwick and then finally home to me.

Won't have to carry my 7-14 and 14-54 now when I'm away*yes*yes