PDA

View Full Version : OM-D E-M1 pricing and offers (UK)

Pages : [1] 2

Ian
10th September 2013, 04:12 AM
Body £1299

12-50 kit £1499.99

12-40 kit £1949.99

12-40 by itself £899 (not confirmed but about right)

HLD-7 grip £199? (not confirmed - but about right)

You can claim a free MMF-3 Micro Four Thirds lens adapter when you buy an E-M1 until the end of November. You need to have registered an E-System Four Thirds camera (having a Four Thirds lens is not enough - you need a camera serial number).

You can also claim a free HLD-7 grip by the end of October with an E-M1 purchase.

Ian

David Morison
10th September 2013, 05:05 AM
OK when will they be available and where?

David

bredman
10th September 2013, 05:15 AM
I figure i'll want one sometime in the next 18 months, i may as well get one quick so i can enjoy it for longer before i then purchase it's replacement. :rolleyes:

I just read some where, i forget where, that pre-registering before the october sales gets a free grip !?

bredman
10th September 2013, 05:33 AM
Oosh, the new lens specs. An image of the 40-150 f2.8, and mention of a pro wide-angle zoom and a pro super telephoto prime in the pipeline.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/09/10/olympus-introduces-12-40mm-f2-8-pro-zoom-for-micro-four-thirds?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=news-list&utm_medium=text&ref=title_0_2#images

benvendetta
10th September 2013, 05:41 AM
That 40-150 looks fab.
Can't wait to see the em1 in the 'flesh' on Friday.

hruissen
10th September 2013, 07:10 AM
What still is not clear to me is: do I need a converter to attach my Four Third lenses to it? Or is the converter needed for the Micro 4/3

bredman
10th September 2013, 07:23 AM
What still is not clear to me is: do I need a converter to attach my Four Third lenses to it?

Yes. You will need the MMF-3 adapter referred to in the OP.

Zuiko
10th September 2013, 07:23 AM
It's a Micro Four Thirds camera so you need an adapter to fit Four Thirds lenses.

EDIT: Pete types faster than me! :D

Zuiko
10th September 2013, 07:30 AM
Those prices are a LOT less than I was expecting! The lens especially (as part of the kit) ONLY £650 - I anticipated around £900. I wonder what it wiill be as a seperate purchase?

I sense a real bargain here guys. Those who can afford it should pre-order quickly before Olympus change their minds and increase the price to what it's worth! :D

sapper
10th September 2013, 07:59 AM
Seems I was a little late with my post:rolleyes:, didn't see Ians.
Where can I find out about the lenses?

The Saint
10th September 2013, 08:24 AM
Those prices are a LOT less than I was expecting! The lens especially (as part of the kit) ONLY £650 - I anticipated around £900. I wonder what it wiill be as a seperate purchase?

I sense a real bargain here guys. Those who can afford it should pre-order quickly before Olympus change their minds and increase the price to what it's worth! :D

John

Webex have the 12-40 f2.8 listed as £900 to buy on it's own, so £250 discount if bought with the E-M1.

Simon

Chevvyf1
10th September 2013, 08:30 AM
Ian, do we have to use the GRIP to get burst for Bif ?

or is just the little old battery good enough power ?

urmm what battery ? maybe the E-5 ones as they are long lasting and powerful ... and expensive £60 each :)

OlyPaul
10th September 2013, 08:42 AM
urmm what battery ? maybe the E-5 ones as they are long lasting and powerful ... and expensive £60 each :)

It uses the same battery as the E-M5 Chevvy.

Hermboy
10th September 2013, 08:54 AM
WEX are bundling a battery grip for customers who pre order the OM-D E-M1. Olympus appear to be giving existing E system users a MMF-3 adapter as well.

benvendetta
10th September 2013, 09:10 AM
Great price if bought together but how good is the new lens compared to my 12-60?

simonknee
10th September 2013, 09:23 AM
Hi,

I have never been in the position of both having the money (insurance payout) and needing the camera (E520 dead) at the same time as the camera that I want (EM-1) is launched.

I intend to pre-order to take advantage of the offers. Should I do this asap? Do companies operate a first come first served basis in this situation? Are they likely to run out of stock?

Simon

simonknee
10th September 2013, 09:27 AM
Hmm, does a dead E520 qualify as being a 43 owner ;-)

sapper
10th September 2013, 09:54 AM
I think that the offer is 'while stocks last'.

Grumpy Hec
10th September 2013, 10:06 AM
WEX are bundling a battery grip for customers who pre order the OM-D E-M1. Olympus appear to be giving existing E system users a MMF-3 adapter as well.

On that basis this is hugely better value than I was anticipating.

From what I've read so far initial impressions are very good indeed and from a personal point of view the handling seems to get rave reviews which is something I was always very interested in. I hope to get to try one on the 21st at Colchester LCE.

It seems hard to envisage not going for this as I have been saving for it. Glad I bought that 12-60 SWD from the forum. Reckon that's going to be a super marriage. Having said that I can see me gradually migrating to m43 lenses over time as the range expands and a comparable set of lenses to the 12-60/50-200 combo exists.

Anyone know how long the offers will exist for?

Hec

pault
10th September 2013, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone
Go to / look at olympus.co.uk/E-M1. You can register for free battery / vertical grip.
pault

Bikie John
10th September 2013, 10:28 AM
Hmm, does a dead E520 qualify as being a 43 owner ;-)

Even if it's dead you could register it with Oly :)

John

simonknee
10th September 2013, 11:00 AM
True, I just checked my 'My Olympus' and it already is. Hoping to get the order all done through Olympus online - since I am going to need the mmf3 straight away. However the offer registration works but the pre order is not available yet.

snaarman
10th September 2013, 11:43 AM
Is there something special about the mmf-3 that makes it different to the -1 and -2 versions? Something that is needed for PDAF maybe??

Pete

The Saint
10th September 2013, 12:02 PM
Pete

The only difference I'm aware of us the mmf3 is weather sealed.

Simon

jamsa
10th September 2013, 12:48 PM
Body £1299

12-50 kit £1499.99

12-40 kit £1949.99

HLD-7 grip £199? (not confirmed)

You can claim a free MMF-3 Micro Four Thirds lens adapter when you buy an E-M1

Ian

All nice but what an EM5 worth second hand now? and then id have to find the difference...gulp!

OM USer
10th September 2013, 12:48 PM
The camera pricing is very good IMO. In spite of the rumours I was expecting £1599 and not £1299 as this is a "pro" camera. It is not that much more than the EM-5 or E-P5 at launch, and you do get a lot more for the bit extra.

However for those who have the E-M5 and are not looking to upgrade (i.e. get the E-M1 + 12-40mm/F2.8) the price of the new zoom lens outside of the kit is quite a bit more than in the kit. I doubt there will be many "unbundled" lenses kicking around.

Zuiko
10th September 2013, 01:34 PM
The camera pricing is very good IMO. In spite of the rumours I was expecting £1599 and not £1299 as this is a "pro" camera. It is not that much more than the EM-5 or E-P5 at launch, and you do get a lot more for the bit extra.

However for those who have the E-M5 and are not looking to upgrade (i.e. get the E-M1 + 12-40mm/F2.8) the price of the new zoom lens outside of the kit is quite a bit more than in the kit. I doubt there will be many "unbundled" lenses kicking around.

Unless you can team up with someone planning to order body only and get them to order the lens for you. :)

bredman
10th September 2013, 03:46 PM
I don't have a 4/3 camera, but i'd like to get some 4/3 glass for the EM-1. I assume i don't qualify for the free MMF-3. :(

snaarman
10th September 2013, 03:55 PM
Hmm.

I have three 4/3 lenses. I have a MMF adapter, I've already got the right batteries. Does this mean I have to get the E-M1?

David Morison
10th September 2013, 04:14 PM
Hmm.

I have three 4/3 lenses. I have a MMF adapter, I've already got the right batteries. Does this mean I have to get the E-M1?

I'm in the same boat and the answer is probably... YES!

David

Rocknroll59
10th September 2013, 04:20 PM
Looks like an order needs to placed to gain advantage of the offer on ordering, so do I sell some 4/3 lenses and keep my 11-22, or sell all and go with the camera and 12-40 lens ?? Decisions Decisions....

Peter

quickben
10th September 2013, 04:41 PM
Succumbed to the offer... Not at home so I cannot check my E5 S/N that seems to be needed for the grip and MMF3 offer :(

Ian
10th September 2013, 06:03 PM
Ian, do we have to use the GRIP to get burst for Bif ?

or is just the little old battery good enough power ?

No, performance is the same with or without the grip.

Ian

Ian
10th September 2013, 06:05 PM
I don't have a 4/3 camera, but i'd like to get some 4/3 glass for the EM-1. I assume i don't qualify for the free MMF-3. :(

I will check but I thought you only had to buy an E-M1 in order to claim an MMF-3.

Ian

Invicta
10th September 2013, 06:38 PM
Hi Ian,

A small favour to ask. Do you think you could ask Olympus UK if they will offer a trade-in on genuine Olympus LH55B lens hoods for the M.Zuiko 12-50mm to the new LH55C lens hoods?

I feel a little miffed at paying £60 for a plastic lens hood that it not ideal for the lens and now face paying again for a LH55C that is a better design. It would be a nice piece of cheap PR for Olympus if they could make an offer for owners of the old Olympus LH55B lens hoods.

Melaka
10th September 2013, 07:09 PM
I will check but I thought you only had to buy an E-M1 in order to claim an MMF-3.

Ian

According to the preregistration site - which I've signed up on - you get a grip and the MMF3 if you pre register. It makes £1,299 look quite reasonable.

andym
10th September 2013, 07:13 PM
SRS(my prefered supplier) have the E-M1 at £1299.99 with a free BLN-1 battery and Olympus backpack.Add to this the offer of the free grip and MMF3 I might have to take this up.
Did want to until next year but the words "limited" for the grip and MMF will probably make me raid my savings.:o:o:o:o

Chevvyf1
10th September 2013, 07:33 PM
I'm in the same boat and the answer is probably... YES!

David

David, I have just read/seen this - its the 75-300 and looking good ?

http://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/cameras/om_d_system_cameras/om_d/e_m1/index.html?f=feature3

Phill D
10th September 2013, 07:39 PM
Don't you actually have to place your pre order at the same time as registering to get your offer? So you can't just register and wait to see it at the event on Thursday before placing an order. Let me know if I've got this wrong.

simonknee
10th September 2013, 08:33 PM
When you register you get a voucher and this is redeemable in one of two ways. There is a code for pre orders at Olympus online shop. Or you can send it with an invoice after you buy from a dealer.

The online shop does not have the em1 for pre order yet. The link you get goes to a blank page.

Simon

simonknee
10th September 2013, 08:35 PM
This is the link I got after doing the register...
http://shop.olympus.co.uk/e_commerce/selection.cfm?selection_id=707

The voucher comes via email as a pdf.

If you have a valid E-*** serial number you get to apply for the MMF3 at the same time.

Simon

simonknee
10th September 2013, 08:38 PM
I keep on checking but if somebody finds a way to pre-order on the uk olympus shop I would be grateful. I intend to get the body only so buying from a dealer is going to leave me MMF3-less for a good few weeks and since I only have 43 glass this essentially leaves me camera-less!

simonknee
10th September 2013, 08:43 PM
Also the phone number on this page

http://shop.olympus.co.uk/e_commerce/contact.cfm

Gives you a sort of "Congratulations on buying one of our special numbers..." message, that would appear to come from the supplier of the phone number to Olympus rather than Olympus themselves!

Hmmm perhaps I want to use a real shop after all... anybody have a spare MMF* they don't need in October? :-)

bredman
10th September 2013, 08:48 PM

Ian

Thanks Ian. But i fear the offer is to those with registered e system gear. Looks like the grip is too :(. This will affect my final decision to purchase the EM-1 and stay with m4/3.

brian1208
10th September 2013, 09:51 PM
Looks like the grip is too

The grip is part of the offer for any purchase of the EM-1 (just received my voucher from Olympus and I don't have the 4/3rds bodies)

Phill D
10th September 2013, 10:27 PM
Well decided not to wait after reading the reviews and just pre-ordered mine too *yes
First time I've been an early buyer now I've got my fingers and everything else crossed :eek:

PeterBirder
10th September 2013, 10:27 PM
Thanks Ian. But i fear the offer is to those with registered e system gear. Looks like the grip is too :(. This will affect my final decision to purchase the EM-1 and stay with m4/3.

Click on the ad which is running on the group homepage and follow the links to register and you will find the following:

The grip offer is for all E-M1 pre-order purchases.
The MMF-3 offer is an extra for existing E-system owners.

The Pens and E-M5 are all E-System. I registered a few days ago ( even though I'm unlikely to buy one unless I win the Lottery:rolleyes:) and I only have an E-M5 and E-PL1. I think Olympus have referred to the introduction of the E-M1 as merging the 4/3 and m4/3 lines into "one beautiful system".

Regards.*chr

bredman
10th September 2013, 10:57 PM
The grip is part of the offer for any purchase of the EM-1 (just received my voucher from Olympus and I don't have the 4/3rds bodies)

Click on the ad which is running on the group homepage and follow the links to register and you will find the following:

The grip offer is for all E-M1 pre-order purchases.
The MMF-3 offer is an extra for existing E-system owners.

The Pens and E-M5 are all E-System.

Regards.*chr

Thanks gents. Since my post upthread, i had been back to the registering page and did work this out. Lots of conflicting wording out there as to what the hell is going on. :)

PeterBirder, i hope the EM-5 is included as i had registered with my EM-5 serial number in the hope it was indeed ok. Now in the lap of the gods.

*chr

bredman
10th September 2013, 11:01 PM
Anyone got a 300/2.8 for sale? :eek:

Pierre L
10th September 2013, 11:23 PM
I was just looking at the Park Cameras web site (which probably says the same thing as other web site). It say "MMF-3 Adapter only available to existing MyOlympus registered E-System users". It is not immediately clear to me whether E-System is just E-x, E-xx and E-xxx or whether it also includes existing Pen and OM-D owners. My E-5 was bought second-hand from a Forum user but I do have a registered E-M5 and a registered E-P5.
However, I do notice the name of this Forum and the fact that it caters for both four-thirds and micro-four-thirds...

brian1208
11th September 2013, 04:11 AM
Well decided not to wait after reading the reviews and just pre-ordered mine too *yes
First time I've been an early buyer now I've got my fingers and everything else crossed :eek:

I get the impression that we are not alone, I read somewhere that in the States the pre-orders are some of the biggest for any camera launch!

David Morison
11th September 2013, 05:01 AM
Surely if you already have 4/3 lenses registered with MyOlympus then this should qualify you for an MMF3?

David

simonknee
11th September 2013, 06:52 AM
The link I posted earlier now shows that you will be able to pre-order direct from Olympus on the 12th (tomorrow).

http://shop.olympus.co.uk/e_commerce/selection.cfm?selection_id=707

For those wondering about eligibility for an MMF3 what the registration required was a valid serial number from an E-series camera - they do not qualify this any further. It is possible a valid lens serial number would work but I used my E-420 serial. It did not appear to be connected with My Olympus - though it might be checking this in the background. It does say "subject to verification" though doesn't explain what this means.

Simon

P.S. To help reduce confusion further here is the text from the pdf "voucher" they emailed me:

Thank you for registering for the OM-D E-M1 offer!
Here’s an overview of the information you provided:
Title* Mr
First name* Simon
Last name* Knee
Street / No.* XXX
Postalcode* XXX
Town / City* XXX
Country* GB
Email address* XXX
If you want to buy your E-M1 online, here is the voucher code
you need to enter in the Online Shop to redeem the offer.
FREE HLD-7 BATTERY GRIP FREE MMF-3 ADAPTER
Code: XXX
Alternatively, you can purchase the E-M1 at a dealer in your local area and then send us a
copy of the invoice by post to redeem the offer.
For further information here please see the Terms & Conditions of Registration.
Marktdienste Haberbeck GmbH | “Olympus HLD-7 Battery Grip” | Industriestrasse 17 | DE-32791 Lage | Germany |
by 18 November 2013. |

Grumpy Hec
11th September 2013, 06:57 AM
I'm confused.

The stated price in the reviews etc for the body is £1299.

However if you go onto the Olympus Uk site and clickm to buy it's £1109.90 incl VAT and free shipping. Available in approx. 14 days.

I've also registered for the extra grip but not sure how the adapter gets added. My E3 is registered but not sure how to claim.

Anybody figured all this out?

Hec

crimbo
11th September 2013, 07:07 AM
SRS(my prefered supplier) have the E-M1 at £1299.99 with a free BLN-1 battery and Olympus backpack.Add to this the offer of the free grip and MMF3 I might have to take this up.
Did want to until next year but the words "limited" for the grip and MMF will probably make me raid my savings.:o:o:o:o

same sentiments..so I have bit with SRS...

still confused though...
did Olympus want me to register for a free grip and as a registered E user register again for a MMF-3

( Do addiction services have a cure for this?)

snaarman
11th September 2013, 07:09 AM
S'cuse me mate.

I'm down on me luck. I lost my job and the wife left me and they stopped me benefits and I've got nowhere to stay and I haven't eaten for three days.

Could you spare £1949.00 plus postage so I can buy a train ticket to Watford to visit my auntie Em?

Chevvyf1
11th September 2013, 07:16 AM
The grip is part of the offer for any purchase of the EM-1 ... I don't have the 4/3rds bodies ...)

Brian, I have 5 4/3rds bodies - all registered on the other Olympus Customer Database. E-5's and E-1's

If you want/need one to get the Vouchers for the Grip and MMF3. email me "I can sell you one" :D

brian1208
11th September 2013, 07:55 AM
Thanks Chevvy, then again, if you have two bodies can't you get two MMF3s (and let me have on at "Mate's Rates)? *chr

hope all still goes well with you, missed you at our show this year :(

Zuiko
11th September 2013, 07:57 AM
Brian, I have 5 4/3rds bodies - all registered on the other Olympus Customer Database. E-5's and E-1's

If you want/need one to get the Vouchers for the Grip and MMF3. email me "I can sell you one" :D

Chevvy raises a good point, if all that is needed to register for the free MMF3 is a 4/3 body serial number there must be hundreds of us who own cameras that qualify but have no plans to purchase an E-M1 (at this stage). There are four bodies in my household, I'd like to keep one serial number for possible future use (who knows what maight be next) but that still leaves three up for grabs if anybody wants one. :)

snaarman
11th September 2013, 08:31 AM
There are four bodies in my household, I'd like to keep one ...

??????????

Chevvyf1
11th September 2013, 08:40 AM
Thanks Chevvy, then again, if you have two bodies can't you get two MMF3s (and let me have on at "Mate's Rates)? *chr

hope all still goes well with you, missed you at our show this year :(

Duh! my brain is not functioning well :( ,,, Yes I shall reg them all for a free MMF3 *chr

bredman
11th September 2013, 08:49 AM
You can claim a free MMF-3 Micro Four Thirds lens adapter when you buy an E-M1

Ian

Ian, to clear up some confusion. Will the OM-D EM-5 serial number be sufficient to claim the MMF-3 on the registration form? Or does it have to be a SN for a 4/3 body.

Thanks in advance.:)

simonknee
11th September 2013, 09:20 AM
Has anybody managed to place this pre-order on Olympus's website since it has just refused two credit cards in a row for me!

Simon

bilbo
11th September 2013, 09:32 AM
I'm confused.

The stated price in the reviews etc for the body is £1299.

However if you go onto the Olympus Uk site and clickm to buy it's £1109.90 incl VAT and free shipping. Available in approx. 14 days.

I've also registered for the extra grip but not sure how the adapter gets added. My E3 is registered but not sure how to claim.

Anybody figured all this out?

HecIt was £1109.90, but now they've 'corrected' the prices... it's now £1299.99 :)

bilbo
11th September 2013, 09:36 AM
Has anybody managed to place this pre-order on Olympus's website since it has just refused two credit cards in a row for me!

SimonNow there's a message:
Thank you for your interest in Olympus.
Unfortunately, the Olympus Online Shop is temporary unavailable due to system maintenance.
We apologize for any inconvenience and are looking forward to your next visit.

I think they're double checking that all their prices are right!

Xenon
11th September 2013, 09:58 AM
It was £1109.90, but now they've 'corrected' the prices... it's now £1299.99 :)

Well, I'm glad to say I have placed my order with them for the confirmed price of £1109.9, including the HLD-7 and MMF-3, plus free delivery.
Expected delivery 14 days!

Have I for once got lucky??
Hopefully!

Otto
11th September 2013, 10:15 AM
I think you probably have. I had a similar experience when I bought my E-M5 from Amazon, it was briefly at £929 instead of £989 so I took advantage :).

bilbo
11th September 2013, 10:27 AM
Well, I'm glad to say I have placed my order with them for the confirmed price of £1109.9, including the HLD-7 and MMF-3, plus free delivery.
Expected delivery 14 days!

Have I for once got lucky??
Hopefully!Did you get confirmation that the HLD-7 and MMF-3 were included - ie that it had recognised your voucher code? For me it just accepted the voucher code without indicating that I was going to get the extras.. all a bit vague. *shrug

Xenon
11th September 2013, 10:38 AM
Did you get confirmation that the HLD-7 and MMF-3 were included - ie that it had recognised your voucher code? For me it just accepted the voucher code without indicating that I was going to get the extras.. all a bit vague. *shrug

Yes, it has confirmed both are in the order, although initially it only seemed to show the HLD-7.
Had another attempt and both HLD-7 and MMF-3 showed up for some reason?

Olybirder
11th September 2013, 10:43 AM
Does anybody know if the HLD-7 grip comes with a battery?

Ron

bilbo
11th September 2013, 10:49 AM
Yes, it has confirmed both are in the order, although initially it only seemed to show the HLD-7.
Had another attempt and both HLD-7 and MMF-3 showed up for some reason?Was that before you committed to buy? Or in the email?

Xenon
11th September 2013, 11:33 AM
Was that before you committed to buy? Or in the email?

Both showed up on the order page before I committed to buy.
Having entered the code received after registering.

Both showed up on the site too when the order for the E-M1 had been placed and in the confirmatory e-mail received after the order was placed.

bilbo
11th September 2013, 12:01 PM
Both showed up on the order page before I committed to buy.
Having entered the code received after registering.

Both showed up on the site too when the order for the E-M1 had been placed and in the confirmatory e-mail received after the order was placed.

Looks like I've got a duff code! I'll try again.

Grumpy Hec
11th September 2013, 12:03 PM
OH Well. Been so much more impulsive than normal and just placed my order from Olympus direct.

Can't believe I've just done that. So unlike me. The camera just looks right and ticks the vast majority of the things I wanted to replace my E3.

Sorted the MMf-3 and HLD7 offers which worked perfectly second time around. Sadly my initial order at the initial lower, incorrect, price disappeared during the site maintenance so unlucky on that one.

For those still wondering about the two offers. They seem to be separate

1. HLD-7 for an introductory period for everyone
2. mmf-3 for those with registered E series camera's. You have to put your registered serial number in and then you get a discount code to type into your order which adds both extra's if valid.

Not sure if it works for just lenses as it specifies camera serial number.

cheers

Hec

simonknee
11th September 2013, 12:10 PM
Finally got it to accept a credit card and placed the order on my (bargin) basket. Now we will see what it actually costs. It is within Olympus's rights to say that the price is actually higher and cancel or amend this order. Hopefully they won't but time will tell. It is only when a seller takes the money that they are legally committed to the transaction.

Simon

Olybirder
11th September 2013, 12:18 PM
Not sure if it works for just lenses as it specifies camera serial number.
I logged into My Account on the Olympus site and discovered that the only item registered there was my 50-200 SWD. I could have sworn that my camera was registered too but apparently not. I then looked at the registration form for the EM-1 freebies and discovered that, as you say, you have to enter a registered camera's serial number.

I don't know if it is possible to register my E-30 with Olympus now and then use that serial number for the claim form. Also I received a newsletter in an email from Olympus yesterday, which said that as an Olympus E-System user I could register for a free MMF-3 adapter. So it sounds as if they already know that I am a registered E-System user.

I will try to register the E-30 tonight and then see if the serial number works on the claim form.

Ron

bilbo
11th September 2013, 12:22 PM

SimonIt has just denied two good cards for me too - it even denied PayPal!

The Saint
11th September 2013, 12:50 PM
Well I had the E-M1 in my olympus basket at the lower price this morning(was waiting to get approval from she who holds the purse strings at lunchtime).

Got approval and tried to put the order through 10 mniutes ago. Accepted card OK and confirmation webpage saying order accepted, also showing as an order in my Olympus account.

Just awaiting a confirmation email, which I haven't yet received. Fingers crossed it goes through OK.

Simon

bilbo
11th September 2013, 12:56 PM
It has just denied two good cards for me too - it even denied PayPal!After getting on to my credit card company, it appears they blocked the transaction (and the card!) because the transaction looked dodgy (to a firm you've never heard of in Belgium)

Now that's sorted and I've got one on order. :)

simonknee
11th September 2013, 01:05 PM
It has just denied two good cards for me too - it even denied PayPal!

Sorry to tell you Bilbo but you will have to call your card provider and get them to unblock it. After you do this it will then work for you to place the order. I managed to block one of mine and two of my wife's cards - she was pleased ;)

It seems that transactions over £1000 to an eu-mainland based company where the supplier name is ambiguous (it doesn't come up as Olympus on the banks system) are auto-blocked as an anti fraud measure by many card providers in the UK

Edit - ahhh you figured this! FYI for everybody else.

Simon

simonknee
11th September 2013, 01:08 PM
Not got the email yet myself... However it is sitting as an accepted order in my account. I bet somebody at Olympus online shop is going a bit frantic depending on how many bargains have been snapped up...

Xenon
11th September 2013, 01:16 PM
Not got the email yet myself... However it is sitting as an accepted order in my account. I bet somebody at Olympus online shop is going a bit frantic depending on how many bargains have been snapped up...

Yes, how many of us slipped through the net before they realised!! :D
I also got the fraud check call, so the lack of the Olympus ID, (I think it was something like SC Holdings, Belgium??), has set alarm bells ringing!

Glad to say it's sitting on my card account too, so I believe Olympus' hands are tied...

Ian
11th September 2013, 02:31 PM
Just updated the first post in this thread as it was missing some info...

Ian

bredman
11th September 2013, 02:51 PM
You need to have registered a Four Thirds camera and/or lens.

Ian

Ian, can you confirm that the EM-5 serial number is sufficient. I think not but some have suggested it is.

Ian
11th September 2013, 02:58 PM
Ian, can you confirm that the EM-5 serial number is sufficient. I think not but some have suggested it is.

Strictly speaking not - the offer is aimed at Four Thirds E-System DSLR users (free MMF-3). The free grip is for everyone though.

Ian

ashtonsd
11th September 2013, 02:59 PM
So I have registered for both offers and have the voucher. The offer is subject to limited stock.

I have pre-ordered the E-M1 and 12-40 kit from WEX.
The E-M1 is showing as launching on 14th OCT.
The kit doesn't launch until the 18th NOV.

Does this mean that I run the risk of missing out on my grip and adapter as I won't be able to send my invoice in until a month after those who purchased just the camera?

Ian
11th September 2013, 03:03 PM
So I have registered for both offers and have the voucher. The offer is subject to limited stock.

I have pre-ordered the E-M1 and 12-40 kit from WEX.
The E-M1 is showing as launching on 14th OCT.
The kit doesn't launch until the 18th NOV.

Does this mean that I run the risk of missing out on my grip and adapter as I won't be able to send my invoice in until a month after those who purchased just the camera?

Olympus has never quibbled about delays in shipping gear with regard to launch offers like this. By registering you will have secured your freebie conditional on eventually purchasing your E-M5. If in the unlikely instance of any problem - we will sort it out via our links to key people at Olympus!

Ian

The Saint
11th September 2013, 03:06 PM
Yes, how many of us slipped through the net before they realised!! :D
I also got the fraud check call, so the lack of the Olympus ID, (I think it was something like SC Holdings, Belgium??), has set alarm bells ringing!

Glad to say it's sitting on my card account too, so I believe Olympus' hands are tied...

Xenon

Don't look like their hands are tied....

From the T&C's

§ 2 Contract conclusion
Orders may be placed exclusively online at the website of the Olympus Shop at http://shop.olympus.co.uk. Before placing the order the Buyer may review and change the data at anytime. Orders placed by the Buyer constitute a binding offer to us to enter into a purchase agreement. However, orders may be placed and transmitted only, if the Buyer accepts these General Terms and Conditions by placing a checkmark in the appropriate check box, thereby including them into his offer. Once the Buyer has placed an order with SDSA, we will send him an e-mail confirming receipt and listing details of the order (order confirmation) without undue delay. This order confirmation does not constitute acceptance of the offer, but is only intended to inform the Buyer that we received his order. A contract of sale comes about only, when we ship the ordered product to the Buyer and confirm shipping with a second e-mail (shipping confirmation). No contract of sale comes about for products from one and the same order not listed in the order confirmation. SDSA shall be the contracting party. SDSA does not offer products for purchase by minors. Our products for children may only be purchased by adults.

Basically my understanding is from the above the contract doesn't form until dispatch of the order, giving them the right to recind it before if they wish (not uncommon clause).

Think we will just have to wait and see....

Simon

bredman
11th September 2013, 03:11 PM
If anyone has a spare serial number i'll happily 'borrow' it. :)

mcwill
11th September 2013, 03:46 PM
Registered for the offer this morning.

Initially thought I would need to wait until this evening to check the serial number on my E620, but then realized my camera's serial number was reported in the EXIF data! ;)

Zuiko
11th September 2013, 04:00 PM
??????????

Camera bodies, I hasten to add! :D

Zuiko
11th September 2013, 04:09 PM
If anyone has a spare serial number i'll happily 'borrow' it. :)

Pete, you have a PM. :)

Xenon
11th September 2013, 04:23 PM
Xenon

Don't look like their hands are tied....

From the T&C's

§ 2 Contract conclusion
Orders may be placed exclusively online at the website of the Olympus Shop at http://shop.olympus.co.uk. Before placing the order the Buyer may review and change the data at anytime. Orders placed by the Buyer constitute a binding offer to us to enter into a purchase agreement. However, orders may be placed and transmitted only, if the Buyer accepts these General Terms and Conditions by placing a checkmark in the appropriate check box, thereby including them into his offer. Once the Buyer has placed an order with SDSA, we will send him an e-mail confirming receipt and listing details of the order (order confirmation) without undue delay. This order confirmation does not constitute acceptance of the offer, but is only intended to inform the Buyer that we received his order. A contract of sale comes about only, when we ship the ordered product to the Buyer and confirm shipping with a second e-mail (shipping confirmation). No contract of sale comes about for products from one and the same order not listed in the order confirmation. SDSA shall be the contracting party. SDSA does not offer products for purchase by minors. Our products for children may only be purchased by adults.

Basically my understanding is from the above the contract doesn't form until dispatch of the order, giving them the right to recind it before if they wish (not uncommon clause).

Think we will just have to wait and see....

Simon
Interesting, Simon :) However once they have taken your money, I think that is the end of it in law....maybe a contract expert will pop up and confirm either way?
I remain hopeful!

Xenon
11th September 2013, 04:38 PM
Interesting, Simon :) However once they have taken your money, I think that is the end of it in law....maybe a contract expert will pop up and confirm either way?
I remain hopeful!

Having a closer look at their T&Cs I found this about price :-

§ 4 Prices
The price of a product listed on the SDSA website includes sales tax;
Shipping costs,bank and credit card fees, however, are additional (unless specified otherwise).
The price listed on the order confirmation shall be the final price including all applicable taxes (including sales tax).

My underlining :)

Looks positive to me.

Olybirder
12th September 2013, 08:14 AM
When I ordered the E-M1 body from the online Olympus Shop I entered the code which that sent me for the pre-order offers. However there is no mention of it or the offers in the order confirmation. I assume this is the same for everybody and that the code has been accepted?

Ron

mcwill
12th September 2013, 08:17 AM
When I ordered the E-M1 body from the online Olympus Shop I entered the code which that sent me for the pre-order offers. However there is no mention of it or the offers in the order confirmation. I assume this is the same for everybody and that the code has been accepted?

I'm afraid not, my order confirmation shows the MMF-3 and the HLD-7 as separate lines with a price of £0.00

Xenon
12th September 2013, 08:19 AM

Ron

Ron, mine clearly mentions the offers. Maybe phone the Olympus UK helpline to confirm with them?

Ian
12th September 2013, 08:20 AM
I have flagged these problems with Olympus and suggested they read this thread.

Ian

Olybirder
12th September 2013, 08:48 AM
As there clearly is a problem with my order I phoned the helpline on the online shop site. There was a bit of a language communication problem but the representative thought that I had failed to enter the code in the order. I am sure that I did. However he has taken my phone number and the code which they sent me and they should be phoning me back. He was very apologetic and helpful, so hopefully it should be sorted out before too long.

I also had problems selecting a different delivery address to the billing address. There is a drop down menu with 'register delivery address' on it but every time I selected that, it returned to 'same as billing address'. I eventually got it to work by quickly double clicking on 'select delivery address'.

In addition to that I too got the 'payment declined message' The page suggested that I should go back and check the information which I had input. However, when I went back, I immediately got a page saying that my order was successful and completed and that they would be sending me an email to confirm it, which they did.

The whole process didn't exactly inspire confidence.

Ron

bilbo
12th September 2013, 10:31 AM
As there clearly is a problem with my order I phoned the helpline on the online shop site. There was a bit of a language communication problem but the representative thought that I had failed to enter the code in the order. I am sure that I did. However he has taken my phone number and the code which they sent me and they should be phoning me back. He was very apologetic and helpful, so hopefully it should be sorted out before too long.

I also had problems selecting a different delivery address to the billing address. There is a drop down menu with 'register delivery address' on it but every time I selected that, it returned to 'same as billing address'. I eventually got it to work by quickly double clicking on 'select delivery address'.

In addition to that I too got the 'payment declined message' The page suggested that I should go back and check the information which I had input. However, when I went back, I immediately got a page saying that my order was successful and completed and that they would be sending me an email to confirm it, which they did.

The whole process didn't exactly inspire confidence.

RonI discovered after a few attempts that after entering the voucher code, you have to click on the arrow by the side of the input box in order to apply the code to your order. Only after doing this do the adaptor/grip appear as zero cost items. The problem is that there's no label on the arrow to say Click Me. Not very user friendly.

I hope you get it sorted.

Olybirder
12th September 2013, 10:41 AM
I discovered after a few attempts that after entering the voucher code, you have to click on the arrow by the side of the input box in order to apply the code to your order. Only after doing this do the adaptor/grip appear as zero cost items. The problem is that there's no label on the arrow to say Click Me. Not very user friendly.

I hope you get it sorted.
Thanks Bilbo. I suppose that is what might have happened. I definitely entered the code in the box. I am still waiting for the return phone call and have now sent off an email as back up. Perhaps they will send me a complimentary battery as compensation for the trouble. :) Or perhaps not.

This has definitely put a dampener on what should have been an exciting experience and I now have that nagging doubt at the back of mind "have I made the right decision?"

Ron

Olybirder
12th September 2013, 11:05 AM
Update. I have just received a phone call to tell me that I will definitely receive the free offer, although it will probably not be confirmed by email. Hooray!

I wonder if all three items will arrive at the same time as I am ordering directly from Olympus? I hope the adapter arrives with, or before, the camera as I don't have any m4/3 lenses to test it with.

Ron

Xenon
12th September 2013, 11:08 AM
Update. I have just received a phone call to tell me that I will definitely receive the free offer, although it will probably not be confirmed by email. Hooray!

I wonder if all three items will arrive at the same time as I am ordering directly from Olympus? I hope the adapter arrives with, or before, the camera as I don't have any m4/3 lenses to test it with.

Ron

I was told that the offer items were being dealt with by a third party company, so might not arrive together.

bilbo
12th September 2013, 11:11 AM
I hope the adapter arrives with, or before, the camera as I don't have any m4/3 lenses to test it with.

RonSnap! :) - I might have to go and borrow a MFT lens from somewhere...

OM USer
12th September 2013, 11:15 AM
I was told that the offer items were being dealt with by a third party company, so might not arrive together.

I believe this is generally how it is done, and not just in the camera business.

simonknee
12th September 2013, 11:39 AM
I have had no email and no payment on the credit card yet. However I just called the number (00800-65967873 the double zero is important, doh) and a very helpful lady informed me the order is placed, that I did catch it at the "introductory" price, and payment will occur in a few days. She did not know if the freebies would arrive at the same time or as a separate delivery. Expected the beginning of or mid October.

See some of you later today!

Simon

simonknee
12th September 2013, 11:41 AM
Snap! :) - I might have to go and borrow a MFT lens from somewhere...

Me too. Do you have any MMF-3 for rent Ian??

Ian
12th September 2013, 11:45 AM
Me too. Do you have any MMF-3 for rent Ian??

We have a small number of adapters - in fact one MMF-1, one MMF-2 and one MMF-3 - but I can see we will have to get more in! :)

Ian

Olybirder
12th September 2013, 12:05 PM
Like others I have just had the phone call from HSBC fraud department to check on a transaction on my credit card yesterday for £1299.99. At least I was half expecting it. This purchase has been far from smooth so I hope the camera is worth it. :(

Ron

simonknee
12th September 2013, 12:06 PM
We have a small number of adapters - in fact one MMF-1, one MMF-2 and one MMF-3 - but I can see we will have to get more in! :)

Ian

A bit OT for this thread but is it easy to leave an MMF* attached to an M43 body and just swap the 43 lenses or do you tend to take the lens and adaptor combo off as one before swapping. Put another way if money was no object would it be better to have a number of MMF adaptors permanently on the 43 lenses or is that unnecessary.

Simon

The Saint
12th September 2013, 12:15 PM
I have had no email and no payment on the credit card yet. However I just called the number (00800-65967873 the double zero is important, doh) and a very helpful lady informed me the order is placed, that I did catch it at the "introductory" price, and payment will occur in a few days. She did not know if the freebies would arrive at the same time or as a separate delivery. Expected the beginning of or mid October.

See some of you later today!

Simon

Simon, I'm in the same position, just phoned Olympus and awaiting a callback to confirm order went through ok. Nice to know they are honarying the lower price that was available yesterday.

I've got a purchase number so figure crossed it was just a glitch on their website that stopped the email confirmation coming through.

Simon

snaarman
12th September 2013, 12:29 PM
A bit OT for this thread but is it easy to leave an MMF* attached to an M43 body and just swap the 43 lenses or do you tend to take the lens and adaptor combo off as one before swapping. Put another way if money was no object would it be better to have a number of MMF adaptors permanently on the 43 lenses or is that unnecessary.

Simon

If I am out with my three 4/3 lenses then I leave the adapter on the E-M5 and swap the lenses onto it. If I'm out with a m4/3 lens and a 4/3 then the adapter stays on the lens obviously.

It all goes wrong if you have two of each type of lens and you keep swapping...

Fitting an adapter to each lens costs more, make the kit bigger, but is slightly more convenient I guess.

Pete

The Saint
12th September 2013, 12:34 PM
Simon, I'm in the same position, just phoned Olympus and awaiting a callback to confirm order went through ok. Nice to know they are honarying the lower price that was available yesterday.

I've got a purchase number so figure crossed it was just a glitch on their website that stopped the email confirmation coming through.

Simon

Got call back from olympus and order confirmed.

Always find their customer service team good.

Simon

snaarman
12th September 2013, 01:07 PM
I'm deeply impressed with all you folks pre-ordering this new monster:)

It reminds me of April '12 when I was pre-ordering the E-M5 purely on the basis of the adverts and the initial reviews. I have to say I was and remain well pleased with it. If the E-M1 is that bit better it will be one serious camera. Unfortunately I can't bring myself to shell out the £1949 it takes to get the camera and the 12-40 lens :(

Mind, the lens does look tempting for use with my E-M5. And the camera body looks tempting for use with my 4/3 lenses.

Aaargh!

bilbo
12th September 2013, 01:32 PM
I'm deeply impressed with all you folks pre-ordering this new monster:)

It reminds me of April '12 when I was pre-ordering the E-M5 purely on the basis of the adverts and the initial reviews. I have to say I was and remain well pleased with it. If the E-M1 is that bit better it will be one serious camera. Unfortunately I can't bring myself to shell out the £1949 it takes to get the camera and the 12-40 lens :(

Mind, the lens does look tempting for use with my E-M5. And the camera body looks tempting for use with my 4/3 lenses.

Aaargh!Go on Pete - you know you want to! *devil

benvendetta
12th September 2013, 02:28 PM
Go on Pete - you know you want to! *devil

Many of us want to but kit costs money........:eek:
Really looking forward to tomorrow in bristol.

snaarman
12th September 2013, 02:48 PM
Go on Pete - you know you want to! *devil

Bad person... :)

bilbo
12th September 2013, 02:58 PM
Bad person... :)I try my best. :)

OM USer
12th September 2013, 03:53 PM
...It reminds me of April '12 when I was pre-ordering the E-M5 purely on the basis of the adverts and the initial reviews...Mind, the lens does look tempting for use with my E-M5

Ah, yes. I rememeber succumbing to E-M5 fever and pre-ordering, mainly due to the free grip they were throwing with it. However having tried and hated the grip I put it back in the box where it stays. The lens will have to be something I save for though.

If the E-M1 is that bit better it will be one serious camera. ... And the camera body looks tempting for use with my 4/3 lenses.

Not having any 4/3 glass or a spare £1949 I can give the camera a miss (but tempted by the lens as I said). I like the size of the E-M5 and I think the E-M1 may be that little bit bigger than my ideal. Obviously there are some features that I would like but many of them I would not really miss except perhap the 2x2 switch with one of the dials configured to ISO setting on the "2" postitin.To be truthful I also think the E-M5 is better looking albeit that the top plate on/off switch on the E-M1 is gorgeous.

Naughty Nigel
13th September 2013, 01:48 PM
Ah, yes. I rememeber succumbing to E-M5 fever and pre-ordering, mainly due to the free grip they were throwing with it. However having tried and hated the grip I put it back in the box where it stays. The lens will have to be something I save for though.

Not having any 4/3 glass or a spare £1949 I can give the camera a miss (but tempted by the lens as I said). I like the size of the E-M5 and I think the E-M1 may be that little bit bigger than my ideal. Obviously there are some features that I would like but many of them I would not really miss except perhap the 2x2 switch with one of the dials configured to ISO setting on the "2" postitin.To be truthful I also think the E-M5 is better looking albeit that the top plate on/off switch on the E-M1 is gorgeous.

Please send me a PM if you would like your grip to go to a good home. *yes

I have just bought a very low mileage used E-M5 and am extremely impressed with it, to the point that I really don't know whether I will be using my E5 very much.

Having read through the previous 119 posts, and as the owner of an E1, E5 and now an E-M5, I am still unclear as to whether I can claim an adaptor to use my Four-Thirds lenses on the E-M5? Can anyone clarify please? :confused:

Ian
13th September 2013, 02:03 PM
Please send me a PM if you would like your grip to go to a good home. *yes

I have just bought a very low mileage used E-M5 and am extremely impressed with it, to the point that I really don't know whether I will be using my E5 very much.

Having read through the previous 119 posts, and as the owner of an E1, E5 and now an E-M5, I am still unclear as to whether I can claim an adaptor to use my Four-Thirds lenses on the E-M5? Can anyone clarify please? :confused:

Haha, let me put you out of your misery. The answer is...

NO!

The MMF-3 adapter offer requires the purchase of an E-M1.

Ian

Naughty Nigel
13th September 2013, 02:26 PM
Haha, let me put you out of your misery. The answer is...

NO!

The MMF-3 adapter offer requires the purchase of an E-M1.

Ian

OK, I knows me place Sir. 'umble apologies Sir. :)

Would I be right in thinking that the MMF-3 would be the wrong adaptor for the E-M5 anyway?

sapper
13th September 2013, 02:44 PM
If your E 1 or E5 is registered with Oly, yes.

StephenL
13th September 2013, 02:49 PM
Oh dear. I wish you'd all shut up. Here am I, not wanting the new camera, but being dragged tomorrow kicking a screaming by SWMBO to SRS, "just to look". And to make it worse, she said that she KNOWS I'll want one when I see it. How does she know? She doesn't know a lens from a crochet hook!

Anyone fancy an E-M5 with grip?

Olybirder
13th September 2013, 02:56 PM
Oh dear. I wish you'd all shut up. Here am I, not wanting the new camera, but being dragged tomorrow kicking a screaming by SWMBO to SRS, "just to look".

Hypnotism is a wonderful gift to have Stephen. I take my hat off to you. *chr

Ron

Grumpy Hec
13th September 2013, 03:07 PM
Hypnotism is a wonderful gift to have Stephen. I take my hat off to you. *chr

Ron

Yes very impressive. You must tell us all your secret for future use.:confused:

Ian
13th September 2013, 03:09 PM
OK, I knows me place Sir. 'umble apologies Sir. :)

Would I be right in thinking that the MMF-3 would be the wrong adaptor for the E-M5 anyway?

No, the MMF-3 is what you need to mount a Four Thirds lens on any Micro Four Thirds camera, including an E-M5.

The MMF-3 deal is a kind of thank you for the patience and loyalty of E-System DSLR users who have invested in Four Thirds lenses that won't work optimally on Micro Four Thirds cameras until now (because the E-M1 is here now).

Ian

Ian
13th September 2013, 03:10 PM
Oh dear. I wish you'd all shut up. Here am I, not wanting the new camera, but being dragged tomorrow kicking a screaming by SWMBO to SRS, "just to look". And to make it worse, she said that she KNOWS I'll want one when I see it. How does she know? She doesn't know a lens from a crochet hook!

Isn't this scenario usually reversed?! :D

Ian

StephenL
13th September 2013, 03:19 PM
Yes very impressive. You must tell us all your secret for future use.:confused:

Well, it helps if you've just come back from a short holiday in the Dales at a gourmet hotel, which co-incidentally cost not a lot different to an E-M1 body .... *couple

Graham_of_Rainham
13th September 2013, 03:24 PM

That sounds a lot like a prelude to:
"You had a nice new camera, I need a whole new wardrobe and shoes" ;-)

StephenL
13th September 2013, 03:33 PM

Not a problem. There are a couple of charity shops opposite SRS. Anyway, I bought her a new wax jacket and pork pie in Settle.

sapper
13th September 2013, 03:38 PM
You spoil her Stephen!

Ann1e
13th September 2013, 03:38 PM

The sequence could go -

Holiday

Camera

New wardrobe and shoes

New lens?

Regards,
Ann1e

bilbo
13th September 2013, 03:40 PM
Not a problem. There are a couple of charity shops opposite SRS. Anyway, I bought her a new wax jacket and pork pie in Settle.The pie should just about tip the balance in your favour... ;)

StephenL
13th September 2013, 03:43 PM
The pie should just about tip the balance in your favour... ;)

That's what I was thinking ....

Naughty Nigel
13th September 2013, 03:43 PM

But only if I buy a new EM-1 it seems. :(

SB

Olybirder
13th September 2013, 03:49 PM
Stephen, if she gets any boots as part of her new wardrobe just make sure she keeps them on a lead. There's a good chap.

Ron

Wee man
13th September 2013, 04:05 PM
Cracked it! started work to refurbish kitchen two weeks ago, came home after launch on Tuesday and sang the praises of the new camera. Mentioned Christmas was asked price of new camera was honest and .......................................my beloved said "if you want I will give you half the cost as a Christmas present" explained deal, order placed. Ho Ho Ho.

Remember I was going to do kitchen anyway so should I expect a strange christmas list? What have I done?

Ian
13th September 2013, 04:09 PM
Cracked it! started work to refurbish kitchen two weeks ago, came home after launch on Tuesday and sang the praises of the new camera. Mentioned Christmas was asked price of new camera was honest and .......................................my beloved said "if you want I will give you half the cost as a Christmas present" explained deal, order placed. Ho Ho Ho.

Remember I was going to do kitchen anyway so should I expect a strange christmas list? What have I done?

Result! :D

Ian

StephenL
13th September 2013, 04:34 PM
Cracked it! ..... What have I done?
Acted like a MAN, not a mouse! *chr

bilbo
13th September 2013, 04:36 PM
Remember I was going to do kitchen anyway so should I expect a strange christmas list? What have I done?You're going to have to make especially sure that the kitchen is working properly by Christmas...*crazyxmas

Chevvyf1
13th September 2013, 06:52 PM

BUT SWIMBO does know YOU :D ... and she loves you dearly and knows you want one, accept gracefully when she says "ok you can ..." :cool:

Chevvyf1
13th September 2013, 06:54 PM

Dave, do you want one Voucher ?

StephenL
13th September 2013, 07:00 PM
BUT SWIMBO does know YOU :D ... and she loves you dearly and knows you want one, accept gracefully when she says "ok you can ..." :cool:
I've got to put up a bit of a fight first though! ;)

Besides, I might not like it when I try it tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Chevvyf1
13th September 2013, 08:27 PM
I've got to put up a bit of a fight first though! ;)

Besides, I might not like it when I try it tomorrow. :rolleyes:

oh! Yeah ! :rolleyes: Do you want me to tell you, YOU will not like it ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ... huh ! MEN !

Ian
14th September 2013, 12:40 PM
Just to clarify, you can claim a free MMF-3 Micro Four Thirds lens adapter when you buy an E-M1 until the end of November. You need to have registered an E-System Four Thirds camera (having a Four Thirds lens is not enough - you need a camera serial number).

Ian

Olybirder
14th September 2013, 01:04 PM
Just to clarify, you can claim a free MMF-3 Micro Four Thirds lens adapter when you buy an E-M1 until the end of November. You need to have registered an E-System Four Thirds camera (having a Four Thirds lens is not enough - you need a camera serial number).

Ian
I claimed mine using the serial number from my registered 20-200 SWD lens. It was accepted and I have the pdf voucher with the code on it. Whether I actually get the adapter and grip is another matter. :confused:

I logged into my Olympus account expecting to see my E-30 registered there but the only device registered was the lens. They know that I am a registered E system user, though, as I get the regular newsletters from them. I have registered my E-30 today. That should confuse them. :)

Ron

Ian
14th September 2013, 01:20 PM
I claimed mine using the serial number from my registered 20-200 SWD lens. It was accepted and I have the pdf voucher with the code on it. Whether I actually get the adapter and grip is another matter. :confused:

I logged into my Olympus account expecting to see my E-30 registered there but the only device registered was the lens. They know that I am a registered E system user, though, as I get the regular newsletters from them. I have registered my E-30 today. That should confuse them. :)

Ron

Am only reporting what I am told :)

Ian

dbutch
14th September 2013, 02:12 PM
Wish i had read this post in full before i placed an order on the Oly site last night as i don't belive it acknowledged voucher code as order only shows EM1 body
have sent message to the support but might have to follow up with a call after the weekend:confused:

Dave

Ian
14th September 2013, 02:18 PM
Wish i had read this post in full before i placed an order on the Oly site last night as i don't belive it acknowledged voucher code as order only shows EM1 body
have sent message to the support but might have to follow up with a call after the weekend:confused:

Dave

Don't worry - we will sort out any problems if you have any :)

Ian

bilbo
14th September 2013, 03:58 PM
Don't worry - we will sort out any problems if you have any :)

IanIan - it might be a good idea to put a sticky note up that you have to press the arrow next to the box for inputting the voucher code in order for the voucher code to be accepted. Several people have fallen foul of this to date...

catkins
19th September 2013, 03:54 PM
Well, I go away on holiday and come back to find that Olympus has released something new and interesting. For the holiday I decided to leave the large Oly DSLR & lenses and just take the compact Oly XZ-1 - did I miss the DSLR? Not a lot! I was backpacking so the compact XZ-1 was great.

Trouble is, I've been waiting for a new four thirds camera, so do I fall for temptation with the lighter weight of the E-M1 kit, do I jump ship or do I change direction and just wait for the rumoured new super spec compact?
Whichever option, there will be compromises but it would be good to stick with Oly and perhaps the E-M1 can lead me into pastures new? Can you sense the wavering? I keep seeing batteries and £s floating past me like pink elephants!! Its new technology, its battery draining, its expensive, its perhaps not the ideal for 10% of my photographic interests but . . . .

One question though - when is payment being taken by Olympus? At the time of order or at the time of supply i.e. October onwards?

Regards
Chris

simonknee
19th September 2013, 03:58 PM
Time of supply but it is 'blocked' on your card so you can't spend it in the meantime !

The Saint
19th September 2013, 03:58 PM
Chris

No payment taken by Olympus Shop yet for my camera. I wouldn't expect them to do it until they dispatch the camera.

Simon

StephenL
19th September 2013, 04:01 PM
SRS don't take any money until it's ready for delivery.

Naughty Nigel
19th September 2013, 04:10 PM
Trouble is, I've been waiting for a new four thirds camera, so do I fall for temptation with the lighter weight of the E-M1 kit, do I jump ship or do I change direction and just wait for the rumoured new super spec compact?

....... Or take a look at these images (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29060), and remind yourself of what is possible with a ten year old E1. *yes :)

catkins
19th September 2013, 04:28 PM
....... Or take a look at these images (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29060), and remind yourself of what is possible with a ten year old E1. *yes :)

Well, a quick reply to that is that my E-30/E-520 are definitely not going to be sold whatever option is taken - I have a certain younger person also interested in photography who uses my kit on occasions at the moment, so ensuring two cameras is part of the plan. But totally agree, even the Oly XZ-1 has been a joy on holiday and having just uploaded the holiday photos onto the computer I'm enjoying revisiting the delights of Croatia, Venice Turin and Nice! Hopefully a few will be put onto this Forum in due course.

Regards
Chris

Graham_of_Rainham
20th September 2013, 05:44 PM
Having "played" with one today :D
Just going through the order process and looked at the "Box Contents":

BCN-1 Battery Charger
BLN-1 Lithium-Ion Battery
Camera Body Black
CB-USB6 USB Cable
Micro Four Thirds body cap (BC-2)
Operating Instructions
Shoulder Strap
Warranty Card

No mention of the "Bundled Flash" :confused:

Can anyone shed some light on this (all puns intended :o )

jamsa
20th September 2013, 06:00 PM
I was under the impression it was included but as it is "part" of the camera doesn't get described as accessory. It is the same one as the fit on the EM5.I just checked the details on the paperwork I got on Wednesday and it confirms " bundled flash inc"

Pierre L
20th September 2013, 06:32 PM
I was under the impression it was included but as it is "part" of the camera doesn't get described as accessory. It is the same one as the fit on the EM5.I just checked the details on the paperwork I got on Wednesday and it confirms " bundled flash inc"
I was looking at the full spec at
http://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/cameras/om_d_system_cameras/om_d/e_m1/e_m1_specifications.html
this refers to an "internal flash" -- a little strange in that it is a removable internal flash rather than one that pops up. It is also shown in the Instruction Manual and and described as FL-LM2 in the list of components.
So you are safe

Naughty Nigel
20th September 2013, 07:27 PM
The flash is certainly included with the E-M5, although it is a fairly low powered affair, so a larger flashgun is required for serious lighting.

However, from what I can see, flash synch is limited to 1/250 second on the E-M5 at least.

bilbo
21st September 2013, 07:09 AM
However, from what I can see, flash synch is limited to 1/250 second on the E-M5 at least.Slightly off topic, but worth saying I think: I was with a group last weekend where everyone else had Canons or Nikons. We were doing a studio portrait course. My E-3 sync'ed with the studio flash as fast as 1/250th. Theirs all started to fail after ~1/100th... causing the pro giving the course to say "Oh - he's got a better camera than us...." :)

Olybirder
21st September 2013, 07:26 AM
I was looking at the Olympus shop site to check out the flash situation and it appears that it is included although it is not too clear from the description. However I was slightly alarmed to see that the camera body is described as 'available from November'. I don't know if this applies to customers ordering now or if they have put the delivery back a bit.

Ron

The Saint
21st September 2013, 07:33 AM
Will just have to wait and see, could be that they have had so many orders the first batch from manufacturing has already been sold?

Simon

Olybirder
21st September 2013, 07:41 AM
Will just have to wait and see, could be that they have had so many orders the first batch from manufacturing has already been sold?

Simon
That is what I am hoping.

Ron

Wee man
21st September 2013, 09:01 AM
If so I hope one of them is mine! Away for a few days in Lanzarote trying to forget that I am waiting for new camera!

David Morison
21st September 2013, 09:13 AM
It seems strange as SRS are still quoting Early October:

"Olympus OM-D E-M1 Digital Camera Body
Expected early October - No money taken until dispatched Pre-order with SRS and you'll get a FREE Olympus HLD-7 Battery Grip and if you've got a FourThirds Body, you can also claim a FREE MMF-3 Lens Ad..."

David

StephenL
21st September 2013, 09:38 AM
If it's the same as the E-M5, no-one knew for sure until the couriers arrived at the retailers' doors.

Chevvyf1
21st September 2013, 09:39 AM
If so I hope one of them is mine! Away for a few days in Lanzarote trying to forget that I am waiting for new camera!

Ed, enjoy a super and very well deserved holiday :)

Chevvyf1
21st September 2013, 09:40 AM

Expected early October - No money taken until dispatched Pre-order with SRS and you'll get a FREE Olympus HLD-7 Battery Grip and if you've got a FourThirds Body, you can also claim a FREE MMF-3 Lens Ad..."

David

Matt said yesterday "1st delivery early October" :) *chr

Gwyver
21st September 2013, 05:55 PM

David

I went to the EM-1 demo at Harrison Cameras in Sheffield today. Whilst there I heard that the body-only option is expected by mid-October (as planned), but there is a minor glitch with the new 12-40 and so EM-1 kits with these may not arrive until late November. Not sure what this means for early pre-orders & the 18th November end-date for the Grip + MMF3 offer!

Perhaps Ian could advise?

It was also said that the new 40-150 shipping date is being brought forward and may become available in spring 2014.

I took my 12-60 SWD & Pan Leica 14-150 4/3 lenses along to the demo and was very pleasantly surprised. With both, the AF was snappy, accurate, and so-so quiet (for the 12-60) compared to their behaviour on the EM-5. It was like getting re-acquainted with a long-lost friend.

Pierre L
21st September 2013, 07:12 PM
I can't commnet on the current offer as such. However I pre-ordered the original EM-5 before the deadline (with Park Cameras) and what mattered in the end was the date the camera had been ordered (as shown on the invoice) -- in this case, stocks didn't arrive until well after the deadline for the Grip offer. I did get my grip.

jamsa
21st September 2013, 07:39 PM
I have sent a message to their customer services asking for clarification on dates and the consequences on any promotion. I will publish any reply as and when it arrives..

jamsa
23rd September 2013, 04:29 PM
THIS IS THE REPLY RECEIVED TODAY FROM OLYMPUS UK REGARDING MY ENQUIRY ABOUT VARIOUS COMMENTS SUGGESTING POSSIBLE DELAYS IN THE ARRIVAL OF THE
EM1... :)

Please be advised, delivery of the body and lens to the UK customers and retialers is due to take place at the beginning of October.

Should there be any delays for any reason, we will cross check with retailers and accept late purchases only in these cases as long as registration for the promotion takes place before the promotion expiry date.

Kind regards

Mark Shayler
European Customer Support Centre

Olybirder
23rd September 2013, 05:14 PM
THIS IS THE REPLY RECEIVED TODAY FROM OLYMPUS UK REGARDING MY ENQUIRY ABOUT VARIOUS COMMENTS SUGGESTING POSSIBLE DELAYS IN THE ARRIVAL OF THE

Please be advised, delivery of the body and lens to the UK customers and retialers is due to take place at the beginning of October.

Should there be any delays for any reason, we will cross check with retailers and accept late purchases only in these cases as long as registration for the promotion takes place before the promotion expiry date.

Kind regards

Mark Shayler

That sounds promising. I'd better get my kidney sold, a.s.a.p, to pay for it. :D

Ron

dogsbody
23rd September 2013, 06:14 PM

Kind regards

Mark Shayler

That would be great. As my old gear is for sale at SRS I have been without a camera for five days. Idle thumbs and all that.....to make matters worse I can only dodge those outstanding 'around to it' jobs for so long

Phill D
23rd September 2013, 07:40 PM
Beginning of October that sounds good....*yes

benvendetta
23rd September 2013, 09:46 PM

Kind regards

Mark Shayler

When exactly is the promotion end date?

Pierre L
23rd September 2013, 10:12 PM
According to the information I found by following a link at Park Cameras, you have to go to:
http://www.olympus.co.uk/s/buy-OMD/en_GB
and register there. There are Terms & Conditions at:
http://www.olympus.co.uk/s/buy-OMD/terms/en_GB
Basically, you have to register by 30th September and purchase the OM-D E-M1 by 31st October. The latter may be a problem if the version which includes the 12-40mm f2.8 kit lens is late.
When I bought my OM-D E-M5, as far as I recall, no dealer had actually received any stock by the end date -- my invoice from Park Cameras showed the Order Date (before deadline) and the Delivery Date (some time after) but I get get my free grip.

Although I have registered for this current offer, I decided that I would get the camera from Park Cameras (if I do get one in the end). I am far from sure that my registration has worked so I will try again tomorrow.

I believe some people received a code after registering. When I follow the link in the e-mail I received after registering, it just takes me back to the registration web site, so I can start thge process again :-(

This might well persuade me that I don't really need an E-M1.

Important: As pointed out in a later message by Olybirder, the code was in an attachment to the e-mail which I had failed to notice. Many thanks.

jamsa
23rd September 2013, 10:18 PM
I received a message on the return page that my registration was successful.... I just hope the delivery is as planned and referred to in my reply.

Olybirder
23rd September 2013, 10:28 PM
I believe some people received a code after registering. When I follow the link in the e-mail I received after registering, it just takes me back to the registration web site, so I can start thge process again.

I received an email which had a pdf attached, thanking me for registering and quoting a code. This could be used when purchasing online. Alternatively, a copy the receipt for the camera purchase could be sent to Olympus to claim the free grip and adapter. Naturally, this only applies if you have registered for the offer.

Ron

jamsa
23rd September 2013, 10:31 PM
That's correct Ron, I too received that info in the process... As soon as I have the EM1I will be posting my claim by recorded delivery!

Olybirder
23rd September 2013, 10:40 PM
That's correct Ron, I too received that info in the process... As soon as I have the EM1I will be posting my claim by recorded delivery!
That is one of the reasons why I purchased from the Olympus shop. I thought that, by purchasing online from them, I should avoid the delay involved in posting a copy of the receipt. However, due to the less than smooth ordering procedure online, I am not 100 percent sure that I will receive the offer at all, let alone quickly. I haven't got anything in writing that I will be receiving the free grip and adapter. I hope I am being unduly pessimistic. :)

Ron

peak4
24th September 2013, 12:17 AM
Ron, I'd try re-registering for the offer using exactly the same detail as before making sure you use the same email address as for your order.
It took me 3 tries before I got the formal acknowledgement with the attached .pdf
The email contains a link which it tells you to click on within 24 hours to activate the registration for the offer. I did this, but received nothing further; clicking on the link only returned me to the application page to start all over again.
I might try printing off the .pdf and having a word with my dealer tomorrow when I pre-order.
Here's hoping the software in the camera works better than this.:rolleyes:

bilbo
24th September 2013, 07:20 AM
That is one of the reasons why I purchased from the Olympus shop. I thought that, by purchasing online from them, I should avoid the delay involved in posting a copy of the receipt. However, due to the less than smooth ordering procedure online, I am not 100 percent sure that I will receive the offer at all, let alone quickly. I haven't got anything in writing that I will be receiving the free grip and adapter. I hope I am being unduly pessimistic. :)

RonRon, I think you need to get in touch with the Olympus shop and talk to them about it. Something like: "I registered and got a code, I put it in when I ordered, but it didn't seem to work and you haven't confirmed the free items in my email.... my code is XXXXXX please confirm that I'm going to get the free grip and adapter..."

The problem, I believe, is to do with what you did immediately after typing your code into the order screen. You then had to press a button next to the code box to make it 'take'. A lot of people it seems failed to do that, and so have not in fact ordered the "freebies"... Poor user interface really.

Olybirder
24th September 2013, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the replies Bill and Brian. Immediately after I became aware of the ordering problem I phoned Olympus Support and explained what had happened. The representative said he would ensure that the offer was added to my order and phone me back. He did this and assured me that I would be receiving the free grip and adapter. He said that I would not be getting an email to confirm it.

I have an official order for the camera but there is no mention of the free items. It seems I should be receiving them but I have nothing written down. I only have the representative's word for it. I am sure it will be all right. Of course it will ...

Ron

Alpha1
24th September 2013, 03:28 PM
Well, it it were me, I would email or write to confirm the telephone conversation! ;)

I know that I am an untrusting old s*d and it's a big pain in the but to do, but you have no idea how often that has secured what I thought I would be getting but wouldn't have otherwise. Just today it has worked again on a domestic appliance insurance claim; the resistance just magically disappears when you mention the letter dated such and such addressed to so and so! *chr

Chevvyf1
24th September 2013, 04:01 PM
Well, it it were me, I would email or write to confirm the telephone conversation! ;)

I know that I am an untrusting old s*d and it's a big pain in the but to do, but you have no idea how often that has secured what I thought I would be getting but wouldn't have otherwise. Just today it has worked again on a domestic appliance insurance claim; the resistance just magically disappears when you mention the letter dated such and such addressed to so and so! *chr

ME TOO Dave and Nick - Belt & Braces and new Elastic :) holds it up :)

jamsa
24th September 2013, 04:24 PM
I RECEIVED THE CONFIRMATION AND YOU SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED THE SAME...I HAVE DELETED THE IMPORTANT BITS ON THIS ONE TO PROTECT MY REGISTRATION BUT AT LEAST YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED FROM OLYMPUS.
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/gambo48/th_Fullscreencapture24092013172900bmp_zps5c7f60be. jpg (http://s226.photobucket.com/user/gambo48/media/Fullscreencapture24092013172900bmp_zps5c7f60be.jpg .html)

Alpha1
25th September 2013, 08:20 AM
I agree that is exactly what I have received. It gives you alternative ways of actually claiming your bits, either on line if you ordered the camera from the Oly web site or by post (to Germany!) if you ordered from a local dealer which I have.

StephenL
25th September 2013, 08:37 AM
With previous offers we've been given the option of sending our claim in on-line, but I don't recall seeing anything about this for the E-M1. Has anyone seen this possibility for this camera?

andym
25th September 2013, 08:39 AM
With previous offers we've been given the option of sending our claim in on-line, but I don't recall seeing anything about this for the E-M1. Has anyone seen this possibility for this camera?

No,I looked for this also but it appears to be post only.

bilbo
25th September 2013, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the replies Bill and Brian. Immediately after I became aware of the ordering problem I phoned Olympus Support and explained what had happened. The representative said he would ensure that the offer was added to my order and phone me back. He did this and assured me that I would be receiving the free grip and adapter. He said that I would not be getting an email to confirm it.

I have an official order for the camera but there is no mention of the free items. It seems I should be receiving them but I have nothing written down. I only have the representative's word for it. I am sure it will be all right. Of course it will ...

RonIt occurred to me that you could check your order online in the Olympus shop. Log in to your account at the shop:

http://shop.olympus.co.uk/e_commerce/index.cfm?payssite=gb&languesite=gb

and under "YOUR ACCOUNT", there's a submenu item for orders. This will show you the order record that they are holding for you. Here's a screenshot of mine:

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/order.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/66002)
That should show you if the Olympus rep you spoke to has amended your order...

Olybirder
25th September 2013, 09:06 AM
It occurred to me that you could check your order online in the Olympus shop. Log in to your account at the shop:

http://shop.olympus.co.uk/e_commerce/index.cfm?payssite=gb&languesite=gb

and under "YOUR ACCOUNT", there's a submenu item for orders. This will show you the order record that they are holding for you.

That should show you if the Olympus rep your spoke to has amended your order...
Yes, I have done that several times. Mine just says E-M1 Body.

Ron

Mark Thackara
25th September 2013, 10:06 AM
Dear E-Group faithful,

I realise this launch promotion has caused some concerns. It was designed to reward both loyal Olympus System owners and early adopters.

As such we could not make it open ended. Pleasingly, the reaction to the E-M1 has been exceptional which has raised fears that product will not be invoiced/shipped within the promotional period as stipulated.

It is never our intention to disappoint our loyal customers so we will do our best to avoid it in this case too.

If you have pre-registered on the E-M1 promo page and have an order with an authorised UK dealer (i.e. not grey) or with us ALREADY but do not receive it in time due to high demand or supply issues - let us know. BUT please wait until the end of October to see how supply pans out.

I hope that sounds fair.

Ian
25th September 2013, 03:29 PM
I thought I would just add to what Mark T (Oly UK National Marketing Manager for consumer products) said and repeat that if you registered and did everything else to conform to the requirements, we have the strings to pull (Mark T!) in order to sort things out. Evidence is very useful so if you think something is not right, post the details here and we can back-reference later on if necessary. And the bottom line is that later shipping of the product won't cause your freebies to be lost.

Ian

Alpha1
25th September 2013, 03:34 PM
Thanks Mark

Just one small problem! I am leaving for Namibia on 23rd October not returning until later in November. I really wanted this camera for it's improved CAF performance with the Zuiko 75-300 Mk2 which I already have. I have ordered the EM1 from my local dealer who have been very good to me over the years.

Sorry to bleat on about it but if Olympus can do something I would be most grateful as it will probably be the very last safari trip that I do. :mad:

brian1208
25th September 2013, 03:39 PM
No jumping the queue Dave - I put my order in before you and I don't even have a Safari to look forward to! ;)

I want it and I want it NOW! :D

jamsa
25th September 2013, 04:46 PM
Thank you Mark for the reassurances, I do however note today a comment made by Olympus UK on Facebook referring to November for delivery...I am somewhat disappointed that you weren't able to mention this, if in fact it is correct. I placed my order last week when I was told of expected delivery as being early to mid October.
I am currently Olympusless having just sold my EM5 etc!!!!
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/gambo48/Fullscreencapture25092013174900_zpscfadae71.jpg (http://s226.photobucket.com/user/gambo48/media/Fullscreencapture25092013174900_zpscfadae71.jpg.ht ml)Dear E-Group faithful,

I realise this launch promotion has caused some concerns. It was designed to reward both loyal Olympus System owners and early adopters.

As such we could not make it open ended. Pleasingly, the reaction to the E-M1 has been exceptional which has raised fears that product will not be invoiced/shipped within the promotional period as stipulated.

It is never our intention to disappoint our loyal customers so we will do our best to avoid it in this case too.

If you have pre-registered on the E-M1 promo page and have an order with an authorised UK dealer (i.e. not grey) or with us ALREADY but do not receive it in time due to high demand or supply issues - let us know. BUT please wait until the end of October to see how supply pans out.

I hope that sounds fair.

Pierre L
25th September 2013, 04:54 PM
The word "already" is very worrying. I have registered and have a code but thought I had some time before ordering with Park Cameras.

Once again, I think maybe I should enjoy the equipment I have already and do without the E-M1...

When I see an offer that says "the first nnn customers get something" I always skip the product. The conditions did say "quantities limited" but if they are that limited I will leave the opportunity for others

Ian
25th September 2013, 05:06 PM
The word "already" is very worrying. I have registered and have a code but thought I had some time before ordering with Park Cameras.

Once again, I think maybe I should enjoy the equipment I have already and do without the E-M1...

When I see an offer that says "the first nnn customers get something" I always skip the product. The conditions did say "quantities limited" but if they are that limited I will leave the opportunity for others

The offer deadlines are quite clear I think.

I think Olympus is trying to reassure those who order in good time but delivery and (so presumably full and final payment) might be later than expected.

I don't see anyone who meets the criteria being left high and dry - we have been through this several times since this site started and nobody got left without the offer item that he or she rightfully claimed.

Ian

Ian
25th September 2013, 05:08 PM
Thank you Mark for the reassurances, I do however note today a comment made by Olympus UK on Facebook referring to November for delivery...I am somewhat disappointed that you weren't able to mention this, if in fact it is correct. I placed my order last week when I was told of expected delivery as being early to mid October.
I am currently Olympusless having just sold my EM5 etc!!!!
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/gambo48/Fullscreencapture25092013174900_zpscfadae71.jpg (http://s226.photobucket.com/user/gambo48/media/Fullscreencapture25092013174900_zpscfadae71.jpg.ht ml)

The 12-40 kit won't be available until November - that has been made clear right from the start. Which product/combo did you order?

Ian

jamsa
25th September 2013, 05:40 PM
I ordered the EM1 body followed by upgrading to including the lens. I was still advised that there was a slight delay in the lens but the body would be available in October...
Frustrating not having a decent still camera for that long!!

Ian
25th September 2013, 05:58 PM
I ordered the EM1 body followed by upgrading to including the lens. I was still advised that there was a slight delay in the lens but the body would be available in October...
Frustrating not having a decent still camera for that long!!

Unfortunately, if you changed your order to a 12-40 kit you won't get it until November at the earliest. If you ordered body-only it's likely you would get it in October. If you ordered then separately (which costs more than the kit) then you'd probably get the body followed a few weeks later by the lens. From day one it has always been made clear the 12-40 will be later than the body. A kit is a box with a body and lens contained and so if one component is only available later so will the entire kit.

Ian

DavyG
25th September 2013, 06:13 PM
Unfortunately, if you changed your order to a 12-40 kit you won't get it until November at the earliest. If you ordered body-only it's likely you would get it in October. If you ordered then separately (which costs more than the kit) then you'd probably get the body followed a few weeks later by the lens. From day one it has always been made clear the 12-40 will be later than the body. A kit is a box with a body and lens contained and so if one component is only available later so will the entire kit.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I ordered a 12 - 40 kit on Saturday from LEC Colchester, I queried the delivery date with Claire the Olympus representative as I was also concerned that I would lose out on the accessories by purchasing the more expensive option.

Claire informed me that the accessory offer would be honoured and that there was a possibility the 12 - 40 kit would arrive before the end of October.

It was the above that swayed my decision to pre-order from LEC rather than directly from the Olympus shop online, I would be very disappointed if I didn't receive the grip and MMF-3 having been among the first group to order this kit.

Dave

StephenL
25th September 2013, 06:27 PM
As Ian has already indicated, and I have experienced on more than one occasion, Olympus have always been generous in interpreting the rules, and have operated to the spirit of the offer, especially if there are extenuating circumstances such as late delivery. More than can be said for many other camera companies. And remember that Olympus UK are totally dependant on the factory dispatching the goods on time and the logistics delivering them to their warehouse via customs. They cannot influence this.

Ian
25th September 2013, 06:53 PM
Hi Ian,

I ordered a 12 - 40 kit on Saturday from LEC Colchester, I queried the delivery date with Claire the Olympus representative as I was also concerned that I would lose out on the accessories by purchasing the more expensive option.

Claire informed me that the accessory offer would be honoured and that there was a possibility the 12 - 40 kit would arrive before the end of October.

It was the above that swayed my decision to pre-order from LEC rather than directly from the Olympus shop online, I would be very disappointed if I didn't receive the grip and MMF-3 having been among the first group to order this kit.

Dave

I don't know how much more clear I can be that you will get your freebies?! :) (Assuming you qualified for the MMF-3 in already having a Four Thirds body, of course)

You've ordered and you have done what you were required to do until the gear turns up. Relax!

Ian

DavyG
25th September 2013, 07:49 PM
I don't know how much more clear I can be that you will get your freebies?! :) (Assuming you qualified for the MMF-3 in already having a Four Thirds body, of course)

You've ordered and you have done what you were required to do until the gear turns up. Relax!

Ian

I'm quite relaxed Ian, I believe Oly will honour their deal.

The point I was trying to make was that Claire, the Olympus rep, said that there was a chance the 12 - 40 kits may arrive before the end of October, I guess only time will tell.

As for four thirds bodies, we have 3 x E1, an E500, an E510 and an E520, hopefully one of these will suffice.

Dave

Ian
25th September 2013, 08:22 PM
I'm quite relaxed Ian, I believe Oly will honour their deal.

The point I was trying to make was that Claire, the Olympus rep, said that there was a chance the 12 - 40 kits may arrive before the end of October, I guess only time will tell.

As for four thirds bodies, we have 3 x E1, an E500, an E510 and an E520, hopefully one of these will suffice.

Dave

Have you registered one of these bodies to claim your MMF-3?

Ian

DavyG
25th September 2013, 08:32 PM
Have you registered one of these bodies to claim your MMF-3?

Ian

I used the E510 serial number to register however, when I logged into my Olympus I found that I had to register it again as only my E1 and E500 were showing as registered, it's now showing on the site. :)

Ian
25th September 2013, 08:54 PM
I used the E510 serial number to register however, when I logged into my Olympus I found that I had to register it again as only my E1 and E500 were showing as registered, it's now showing on the site. :)

You're all set then! :)

Ian

timd1230
25th September 2013, 11:41 PM
Ian,
Any word of when expected delivery will be for bodies and kits with lenses ? I am assuming you have better contacts than most on the board

brian1208
26th September 2013, 06:46 AM
I'm seeing reports that the first bodies are to be delivered in the US this Friday. Fingers crossed we won't be far behind

Xenon
26th September 2013, 06:52 AM
I'm seeing reports that the first bodies are to be delivered in the US this Friday. Fingers crossed we won't be far behind

Yes, and someone in Canada too has been advised theirs is on the way!

Can I assume we'll get bogged down in "Euro procedure" and be delayed in the UK?

Hopefully not ;)

DerekW
26th September 2013, 07:08 AM
The Euro imports will probably have to be checked in Poitiers to ensure that do not threaten the French digital camera industry. If they could enforce that rule for video recorders why not for non mainstream manufacturers of cameras.

See
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1301&dat=19830125&id=BIZWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=puYDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6507,6943950

Xenon
26th September 2013, 07:12 AM
The Euro imports will probably have to be checked in Poitiers to ensure that do not threaten the French digital camera industry. If they could enforce that rule for video recorders why not for non mainstream manufacturers of cameras.

See
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1301&dat=19830125&id=BIZWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=puYDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6507,6943950

Some Betamax recorders are probably still sitting there ;)

Many a true word spoken in jest!

Nothing would surprise me :(

Chevvyf1
26th September 2013, 07:19 AM

oooh! this is such EGG cit ing news :) :D :D :D

Xenon
26th September 2013, 07:20 AM
oooh! this is such EGG cit ing news :) :D :D :D

Let's hope we SHELL all be happy soon Chevvy ;)

sapper
26th September 2013, 07:30 AM
Let us know when you get yours Chevvy, and how you get on with it. Have you actually handled the camera at one of the demo days?

DerekW
26th September 2013, 07:35 AM
Wow - I might see one of them out in the wild this weekend

However non of the main camera shops where I am going stock Oly gear as they can only afford to stock one of the biggies as they have to have representative samples of all the range and the dealers cannot afford to hold the samples for one or two of the biggies and also stock a smaller manufacturer.

Ian
26th September 2013, 07:36 AM
Ian,
Any word of when expected delivery will be for bodies and kits with lenses ? I am assuming you have better contacts than most on the board

No update since yesterday: http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showpost.php?p=252461&postcount=202

Ian

Ian
26th September 2013, 07:40 AM
To those who have ordered from the US - do you get any freebies? That with the VAT and duty makes me wonder if it's worthwhile? Olympus UK pays for this site...

Ian

brian1208
26th September 2013, 07:43 AM
You cracking up under the strain Chevvy? *chr

(I know I am - I've got a track-side day booked at Thruxton in a couple of weeks and would love to have the new body for that )

jamsa
26th September 2013, 07:55 AM
I have a few dates for photography in October including a wedding so the sooner it arrives the better!

David Morison
26th September 2013, 08:03 AM
I am going away on the 9th October for a week and have asked SRS to delay shipment if it can't be delivered before then *sob

David

bilbo
26th September 2013, 08:04 AM
The Euro imports will probably have to be checked in Poitiers to ensure that do not threaten the French digital camera industry. If they could enforce that rule for video recorders why not for non mainstream manufacturers of cameras. You can also get 15% on deposits in that paper from 30 years ago... where do I sign?

wellyboot
26th September 2013, 12:07 PM
I have checked, but I don't think I can find an answer to this, so hoping someone can help please.
I have pre-registered for the free battery grip, and the MMF-3 adapter.
It was accepted, and I have a code.
As I'm not buying through the Olympus store, but SRS, it says to send your invoice to "Marketdienste Haberbeck GmbH". I assume you send the code too, but is this the correct address, or is there a UK address?
Also, is there anyway this can be done online, and if not, does it have to be the original receipt or will a copy suffice?
Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I don't want to miss out, so want to get it right first time.
Many thanks
Marcia

StephenL
26th September 2013, 12:26 PM
Well, as far as I know it has to be by post. So I shall send a copy of the Olympus acceptance email (attachment) and a copy of the SRS receipt.

wellyboot
26th September 2013, 01:14 PM
The email I received from them just says "Thank you for registering for the Olympus OM-D Registration Offer. Please click on the link below within the next 48 hours in order to activate your registration."
It doesn't have the code I was given on it, although I can put that on myself, but it doesn't specifically say the grip and adapter.
Is that the email you're talking about Stephen or did you have a different one?
Sorry if I sound like I'm panicking, but there is no way I could afford an adapter on top of the price of the E-M-1, and if I want to use some of the 4/3rds lenses I will need one!

Pierre L
26th September 2013, 01:25 PM
I suspect you need to click as requested to confirm that you made the request and non someone else using you email address. That also confirms your subscription to the newsletter. I don't remember what happened when I did this, but I belive you will see a screen saying that the registration is confirmed.

There should be an attachment with the e-mail which is a pdf file containing your code.

StephenL
26th September 2013, 01:40 PM
The email I received from them just says "Thank you for registering for the Olympus OM-D Registration Offer. Please click on the link below within the next 48 hours in order to activate your registration."
It doesn't have the code I was given on it, although I can put that on myself, but it doesn't specifically say the grip and adapter.
Is that the email you're talking about Stephen or did you have a different one?
Sorry if I sound like I'm panicking, but there is no way I could afford an adapter on top of the price of the E-M-1, and if I want to use some of the 4/3rds lenses I will need one!
That email should also have an attachment, which quotes your address, and the terms of the offer, as well as a unique number.

Chevvyf1
26th September 2013, 01:54 PM
Let us know when you get yours Chevvy, and how you get on with it. Have you actually handled the camera at one of the demo days?

No Dave :) I buy in confidence :)

i bought a Ducati 748 SPS in Red because I LURVED it and never sat on it ... until 5 weeks of gazing lovingly at it in the stables :) (mind you, I had had a foot operation and was in plaster on the day I bought it :) :) :) *chr

Chevvyf1
26th September 2013, 01:54 PM
I have checked, but I don't think I can find an answer to this, so hoping someone can help please.
I have pre-registered for the free battery grip, and the MMF-3 adapter.
It was accepted, and I have a code.
As I'm not buying through the Olympus store, but SRS, it says to send your invoice to "Marketdienste Haberbeck GmbH". I assume you send the code too, but is this the correct address, or is there a UK address?
Also, is there anyway this can be done online, and if not, does it have to be the original receipt or will a copy suffice?
Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I don't want to miss out, so want to get it right first time.
Many thanks
Marcia

Good Point about a UK address to send too *chr

andym
26th September 2013, 02:07 PM
To those who have ordered from the US - do you get any freebies? That with the VAT and duty makes me wonder if it's worthwhile? Olympus UK pays for this site...

Ian

If you havn't purchased through the Oly store or one of the recommended stockists I think you'll be very lucky to get any freebies.I don't know how much these work out from the states but as Ian says if you get caught for import duty and Vat then why bother.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ps you probably only get 1 years warrenty also.

wellyboot
26th September 2013, 02:26 PM
Thank you Stephen and Pierre! I am such an idiot! I honestly hadn't spotted the attachment!!
All printed out now with the full address to send to in Germany, plus the code!
It must be my age!! :confused:

timd1230
26th September 2013, 02:28 PM
The numbers not unique just an offer code for those ordering online

peak4
26th September 2013, 02:43 PM

Yes, I've got that email with the attachment, dated 12/9/13 showing, the code number, my address, pictures of battery grip and adapter, but when I clicked on the link in the email to activate my registration, all it did was to open the "Register Now (http://special.olympus.eu/s/upgrade-omd/)" page. Seems to be a bit of an endless loop.

I've no idea if I've completed the registration or not, and now going out of the country until mid October. :confused:

The camera itself is pre-ordered from my local dealer.

Perhaps I should try re-registering

StephenL
26th September 2013, 02:55 PM
If you have that attachment, which is dated, it is proof that you registered in time. If in due course it presents problems, I'm sure Ian and/or Mark will sort it out.

Now, I'm off to get my tent and camp outside SRS! (There are plenty of bars in that area)

peak4
26th September 2013, 03:00 PM
If you have that attachment, which is dated, it is proof that you registered in time. If in due course it presents problems, I'm sure Ian and/or Mark will sort it out.

Now, I'm off to get my tent and camp outside SRS! (There are plenty of bars in that area)

Stephen, I'm now not convinced that I was fully registered as I never did get any confirmation page.
Just re-registered, this time with the E-620 rather than the E-3 and got this;

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/1518/Resized_2013-09-26_155327.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/66068)

Yippee *chr
Good job I tried again.

Pierre L
26th September 2013, 03:27 PM
Thank you Stephen and Pierre! I am such an idiot! I honestly hadn't spotted the attachment!!
All printed out now with the full address to send to in Germany, plus the code!
It must be my age!! :confused:
If you were to look at older posts in this thread, you would note that I didn't spot the attachment until I was told about it. I blame Gmail for not making the attachment clear :-).

Pierre L
26th September 2013, 03:39 PM
I have just ordered an E-M1 with the 12-40mm f2.8 from Park Cameras. That package is expected in November :-( -- I am pretty sure I read that the lens is a bit late in production.

Melaka
26th September 2013, 06:58 PM
I have just tried to check my order status as advised in post 193 and it wouldn't log in. When I ticked the forgotten password box and was invited to enter my email (the one they used when acknowledging my registration) it said the email doesn't exist. Where does that leave me I wonder?

We are off to the Kruger in early November and I'm keen to have the camera in good time for that.

Anne
26th September 2013, 07:01 PM

So you want to hang out with all the 12 year olds then Stephen?! :D

That must be the average age of drinkers up there!

StephenL
26th September 2013, 07:06 PM
So you want to hang out with all the 12 year olds then Stephen?! :D

That must be the average age of drinkers up there!

Well, I'll put the average up all right ;)

timd1230
26th September 2013, 08:24 PM
Looks like camera is shipping in North America

http://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=53123

brian1208
28th September 2013, 09:14 AM
We've both been struck with a post-holiday lurgy so wont make it to the Southampton "Hands-on" session today. I'll have to make do with reading your impressions instead. Have a fun time those who do go

Chevvyf1
28th September 2013, 09:16 AM
We've both been struck with a post-holiday lurgy so wont make it to the Southampton "Hands-on" session today. I'll have to make do with reading your impressions instead. Have a fun time those who do go

oh! Dear ! sorry to hear this Brian and hope you both get well soon *chr

I have decided to go to Basing House for the Battle re-enactment today :)

and Hilliers tomorrow for the last day of a magnificant Art Exhibition *yes

After all, I don't need to see, smell, feel, the ONE ... until my own arrives :)

trailer
7th October 2013, 04:36 PM
Can I just confirm that if you didn't order direct from Olympus you have to send a copy of the invoice by post to Olympus (using the address given on the registration confirmation e-mail) in Germany to get the grip?

jamsa
7th October 2013, 04:38 PM
Can I just confirm that if you didn't order direct from Olympus you have to send a copy of the invoice by post to Olympus (using the address given on the registration confirmation e-mail) in Germany to get the grip?

yes that's correct...

trailer
7th October 2013, 05:04 PM
Ta very much.