PDA

View Full Version : OK - So What is Olympus keeping Secret?

Nick Temple-Fry
6th September 2013, 05:18 PM
We've all seen a rather successful (and cheap) marketing campaign for THAT CAMERA. The orchestrated 'leaks' have created the 'buzz' about the launch with scarcely a penny spent.

But I can't be alone in believing that Olympus wouldn't have drip fed us with so much unless they were holding something back.

So what's your best guess about the 'surprise' feature that Olympus won't announce until the launch?

Nick

StephenL
6th September 2013, 05:27 PM
Surprise feature? That it's affordable!

OM USer
6th September 2013, 05:36 PM
It comes with a selection of lens hoods (but no lens).

Chevvyf1
6th September 2013, 06:06 PM
It is NOT the answer to Birds in Flight and Olympus will lose masses of long loyal brand supporters, overnight post spec launch ... :(

Ian
6th September 2013, 06:08 PM
It has a tea maker built in, but is only compatible with Japanese green leaf tea with toasted rice... (which I love, so I will be happy!)

Ian

crimbo
6th September 2013, 06:34 PM
Will the American version have a coffee maker?

...or will it have a 30fps/25fps switch on the movies (slap my wrist for such a thought)

cliff
6th September 2013, 06:50 PM
It has a tea maker built in, but is only compatible with Japanese green leaf tea with toasted rice... (which I love, so I will be happy!)

Ian

Will there be an adapter avalable for English tea? Or should that be a tetlyconverter?

IamFisheye
6th September 2013, 07:12 PM
Maybe a rose tinted filter for our 4/3 glass?

Chevvyf1
6th September 2013, 07:36 PM
Will there be an adapter avalable for English tea? Or should that be a tetlyconverter?

YES ! very good indeed, EXCELLENT :) *chr

Chevvyf1
6th September 2013, 07:37 PM
Maybe a rose tinted filter for our 4/3 glass?

oooh! that would MEAN :( REAL MEAN :D

Graham_of_Rainham
6th September 2013, 07:48 PM
Surely they wouldn't go back to a "Tea" Mount.

StephenL
6th September 2013, 08:01 PM
Perhaps they're running the firmware on Java?

Crippledsandwich
6th September 2013, 08:05 PM
Bankruptcy! This is what we could of done but now we cant!

Phill D
6th September 2013, 08:07 PM
No it's the 3D holographic Japanese Geisha who appears projected in front of the camera every time the tog asks for help ;)

Wee man
6th September 2013, 08:35 PM
Complete with rwo pyramid tea bag instead of a prism and a silver spoon to repace the mirror

StephenL
6th September 2013, 08:44 PM
As long as it's not so heavy you have to ask "one lump or two" ...

Zuiko
6th September 2013, 09:09 PM
Choose from the following:-

The AF system stops birds in flight dead - it incorporates a .22 rifle.

It's Full Frame

It is built by Fisher Price

They were only teasing, it does have a mirror

They've made a surprise return to XD cards

It uses yet another new battery, spares of which won't be available until about 20 weeks after launch

It's pink

The kit lens is just that - you have to build it yourself

The camera has a DIY endoscope attachment as standard, so that if you don't like it you can stuff it up your.... let's not go there! :eek:

Graham_of_Rainham
6th September 2013, 09:47 PM
It's pink :eek:

Now that's just silly...

*chr

Zuiko
6th September 2013, 09:56 PM
Now that's just silly...

*chr

And everything else was ..... sensible? :eek::eek::eek:

brian1208
6th September 2013, 09:57 PM
Its got a "Shot Comparator" built in which warns you if you are about to produce a garbage image and disengages the shutter button if you ignore it A bit like Exposure Blinkies but these will be called "Crap Blankies" :D (should cut out about 70% of my shots)

then again, it could have an automatic link which selects which image sharing site to send you pics to based on content and quality (I read some where that "Connectivity" is now an important characteristic for a camera)

I've just worked it out, they've already shared their new RAW file format with Adobe and so LR5 / CS6 will be able to read them immediately without having to wait for an eventual upgrade :)

Olybirder
6th September 2013, 10:05 PM
It's the first model in the retro-inspired 'Pinhole' range.

David M
6th September 2013, 10:06 PM
There's a hand crank to power the camera so it doesn't need batteries.

Some of you should be old enough to remember the outcry from pros when Nikon introduced the battery dependent F3.

Bill Gordon
6th September 2013, 10:37 PM
Surprise feature? That it's affordable!

it most certainly isn't affordable......including the new lens 200,000 Yen! Convert that to your own currency..it is $2,307.06 Canadian...that is more than double what the OM D5 was when it was brought out.*chr

Zuiko
6th September 2013, 11:13 PM
Its got a "Shot Comparator" built in which warns you if you are about to produce a garbage image and disengages the shutter button if you ignore it A bit like Exposure Blinkies but these will be called "Crap Blankies" :D (should cut out about 70% of my shots)

I might never take a photograph again.....:eek:

Zuiko
6th September 2013, 11:23 PM
it most certainly isn't affordable......including the new lens 200,000 Yen! Convert that to your own currency..it is $2,307.06 Canadian...that is more than double what the OM D5 was when it was brought out.*chr

I certainly won't be buying one anytime soon! :D

Ross the fiddler
7th September 2013, 01:06 AM

Ian

I hope it does coffee too! :p

Ross the fiddler
7th September 2013, 01:14 AM
Choose from the following:-

The AF system stops birds in flight dead - it incorporates a .22 rifle.

It's Full Frame

It is built by Fisher Price

They were only teasing, it does have a mirror

They've made a surprise return to XD cards

It uses yet another new battery, spares of which won't be available until about 20 weeks after launch

It's pink

The kit lens is just that - you have to build it yourself

The camera has a DIY endoscope attachment as standard, so that if you don't like it you can stuff it up your.... let's not go there! :eek:

You forgot the freeze spray for macro! ;)

Zuiko
7th September 2013, 01:45 AM
You forgot the freeze spray for macro! ;)

That will come as a firmware update! :D

blu-by-u
7th September 2013, 02:04 AM
It's pink
:eek:

Now that's just silly...

*chr

Nothing wrong with it in PINK like this..http://www.medicallessons.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/pink-ribbon.jpg Think it may gather some support from that group..:eek::o

Grumpy Hec
7th September 2013, 06:34 AM
I might never take a photograph again.....:eek:

I certainly won't :eek:

Graham_of_Rainham
7th September 2013, 10:38 AM
Nothing wrong with it in PINK like this..http://www.medicallessons.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/pink-ribbon.jpg Think it may gather some support from that group..:eek::o
As a regular supporter I fully agree. It would look good on the strap *idea

OM USer
7th September 2013, 10:40 AM
Perhaps the retro boys have really gone to town and it takes film. Thats why it has the rewind crank on top.

Zuiko
7th September 2013, 10:53 AM
Of course, the real innovation is that it will come with a full printed manual. In English. :D

Ian
7th September 2013, 10:56 AM
As a regular supporter I fully agree. It would look good on the strap *idea

The Olympus Pro colour is blue!

Ian

Ian
7th September 2013, 10:57 AM
There are two slots - one for SD cards and one for plate film...

Ian

Ross the fiddler
7th September 2013, 01:17 PM
There are two slots - one for SD cards and one for plate film...

Ian

With a high speed motor drive? :rolleyes:

Ian
7th September 2013, 01:26 PM
With a high speed motor drive? :rolleyes:

No, but a Olympus will provide you with a kit so you can make your own plates.

Ian

Ross the fiddler
7th September 2013, 01:48 PM
No, but a Olympus will provide you with a kit so you can make your own plates.

Ian

Nice! :rolleyes:

Anne
7th September 2013, 02:19 PM
Now that's just silly...

*chr

No....that's just perfect :D

Imageryone
7th September 2013, 02:37 PM
I think it will be a little electronic voice which will drive you mad telling you to " go back and refocus !! " :D

Graham_of_Rainham
7th September 2013, 03:08 PM
PINK Cameras that's just perfect :D

Maybe they will announce a whole new line in "skins" like the ones you can get for phones.

OR:

A 3D printer program that produces an outer layer so that it looks like a "Megabucks" CaNiKoN, but produces far superior images... *shh

David M
7th September 2013, 03:18 PM
Maybe the new 'PRO' lenses will be available in white so people will think you're using a real camera.

Anne
7th September 2013, 03:40 PM
PINK Cameras

Maybe they will announce a whole new line in "skins" like the ones you can get for phones.

OR:

A 3D printer program that produces an outer layer so that it looks like a "Megabucks" CaNiKoN, but produces far superior images... *shh

No...I reckon each camera will come with a 3D printer so that you can print your own lens caps :p .....or your own 12-60mm or 50-200mm so that there will be no excuse for BIF's or DIF's or PIF's! :D:D

Graham_of_Rainham
7th September 2013, 04:11 PM
"That Video" is back

http://www.fourthirds-user.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95369&postcount=17

RogerMac
7th September 2013, 04:19 PM
I know what I would like them to have up their sleeve - and that's the "Triad" sensor that they took out a patent on about six years ago. At one time I thought that the 5-axis IS was a precursor to its release but I have given up hope now.

Roger

Ross the fiddler
8th September 2013, 02:18 AM
I think it will be a little electronic voice which will drive you mad telling you to " go back and refocus !! " :D

Or "I'm bored!", by Jeremy Clarkson ;)

The Saint
9th September 2013, 11:46 AM
That they are tying up with Apple and the new camera will be the "I" series and not a camera but a phone with a big eff of lens!

Supposedly big announcement from Apple tomorrow too, strange coincidence for the conspiracy theorist amongst us!

Simon

PeterBirder
9th September 2013, 04:31 PM
According to "that well known rumour site" we're in for a treat with the new 12-40 mm lens.

Features include:

"Dust-proof drip."

"I squeeze seven feathers (circular aperture)"

Translated from German courtesy of Google Translate. :D

George Dorn
10th September 2013, 03:49 AM
What?? (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mingthein/9669835938/sizes/o/in/set-72157635374194450)

Does the mode dial look familiar?