PDA

View Full Version : Blue J (nude)

Graham_of_Rainham
5th September 2008, 08:54 PM
This is the second in a series I'm putting together as a panel, so again all comments are helfull in choosing the images to use.

http://fourthirds-user.com/galleries/data/500/Blue_J.jpg (http://fourthirds-user.com/galleries/showphoto.php/photo/6981)

The blue was achieved by simply setting the WB to 2000K

emirpprime
5th September 2008, 09:36 PM
I think the shadows etc look great, but the blue is too much for me. Personally I like a more steely low saturation blue. Of course it may look different on your monitor, and just my opinion.
The 2 you have posted so far definately look promising for the panel!
Phil

Graham_of_Rainham
6th September 2008, 09:57 PM
... Personally I like a more steely low saturation blue ...Phil

Phil,
I tried various levels of saturation but kept hitting the "Revert" button.

Apart from a crop and a tiny edit to remove a distracting hi-lite this is virtually straight out the camera, which is probably why I prefer it.

*chr

B.P.S Studios
7th September 2008, 11:49 PM
Can't fault this one at all. Nice job, maybe widen the crop a little as the breast in the foreground has been clipped just a bit.

ndl0071
8th September 2008, 01:04 PM
I like this a lot, but as already noted by Phil (see above) it's a bit to blue for me, in colour that is, not in nature.
I would like to see the colour turned down a bit to show a much more subtle tone of blue.
Good work Graham, I have enjoyed looking at your posts on this subject, you seem to have an eye for it.

Neil

Makonde
9th September 2008, 10:26 AM
I like this one. The blue, too.

After all, blue is associated with nudity in many minds....

alert_bri
9th September 2008, 09:25 PM
I like it exactly as is, the dark blue is very unusual and there's a nice texture coming through too.

Nice precision to the crop too.

Well Done,

Kind Regards

Brian

Graham_of_Rainham
10th September 2008, 02:53 PM
I like it exactly as is, the dark blue is very unusual and there's a nice texture coming through too...Brian

Thanks to all of you that have commented on this. I've just printed it at A3 on an Epson R2400 and I am so pleased with the results.

I tried a few test prints (reminicent of the old strips we used to do in the darkroom) and the darker one looks by far the best (to my eye), so that's the one that will be going into a competition.

*chr

alert_bri
10th September 2008, 03:05 PM
Best of luck Graham, let us know how you get on?

Cheers

Brian