PDA

View Full Version : Damien McGillicuddy is testing the EM1

benvendetta
2nd September 2013, 12:22 PM
Although I might have missed references to this having been on holiday, Damien McGillicuddy has been testing the EM1. He is holding it in one of the pictures about his work on the 'Rumors' site.

Zuiko
2nd September 2013, 12:23 PM
I'd be surprised if he wasn't! :D

benvendetta
2nd September 2013, 12:42 PM
I'd be surprised if he wasn't! :D

He is a great advert for Oly, and almost larger than life!

Zuiko
2nd September 2013, 12:45 PM
Very charismatic, a great communicator who knows how to hold an audience's attention - as well as a darn good photographer, of course!

Invicta
2nd September 2013, 03:15 PM
Not sure if we are talking about the same article but in one article on a rumour site he is definitely holding a Canon (with a white lens). :(

There was a thread about the same picture that he was also holding an EM1 but on closer inspection it is EM5

Ian
2nd September 2013, 03:41 PM
Although I might have missed references to this having been on holiday, Damien McGillicuddy has been testing the EM1. He is holding it in one of the pictures about his work on the 'Rumors' site.

I simply can't believe that - for all sorts of reasons.

Ian

pvasc
2nd September 2013, 04:04 PM
Not sure if we are talking about the same article but in one article on a rumour site he is definitely holding a Canon (with a white lens). :(

There was a thread about the same picture that he was also holding an EM1 but on closer inspection it is EM5

I thought so too at first glance, but it is the guy behind him with the Canon. To my poor eyes it looks in both picture Damien has hold of the EM-5.

pvasc
2nd September 2013, 04:06 PM
I simply can't believe that - for all sorts of reasons.

Ian
That he has one to test, or that he got caught using it?

StephenL
2nd September 2013, 04:13 PM
Or that one exists (as we could recognize it)?

Only rumour has it that it is called the E-M1

Only rumour has it that it looks like a "conventional" camera

Chevvyf1
2nd September 2013, 05:13 PM

Nooo! What a surprise ... :rolleyes:

Chevvyf1
2nd September 2013, 05:14 PM
Or that one exists (as we could recognize it)?

Only rumour has it that it is called the E-M1

Only rumour has it that it looks like a "conventional" camera

I thought it was the OM-D1 *chr

StephenL
2nd September 2013, 05:35 PM
I thought it was the OM-D1 *chr
That would be outside Olympus' current naming convention. OM-D is the type. E-Mx is the specific. At least, that's what they said when the E-M5 was launched. :)

StephenL
2nd September 2013, 05:41 PM
Anyway, according to their teaser advert, it's called a FILC.

David M
2nd September 2013, 05:59 PM
Why not make a real digital OM, a three way switch, Manual, Off, Auto (aperture priority). No need for a dial with multiple exposure modes. Replace the mode dial with an ISO dial which doubles as an exposure compensation dial.

brian1208
2nd September 2013, 06:18 PM
if its as good as the teaser suggest its more likely to become the OM-G *yes

Ian
2nd September 2013, 06:24 PM
Why not make a real digital OM, a three way switch, Manual, Off, Auto (aperture priority). No need for a dial with multiple exposure modes. Replace the mode dial with an ISO dial which doubles as an exposure compensation dial.

Because only you and about 5 others would buy it :)

Ian

Graham_of_Rainham
2nd September 2013, 07:11 PM
I'd really like to be able to "SAVE" settings from the camera via WiFi to the iPhone/Tablet/PC. Then be able to use an "APP" to adjust the settings to a named "MyMode" EG "Studio Portraits", then be able to "LOAD" them back to the camera whenever I want.

*chr

StephenL
2nd September 2013, 07:16 PM
I'd really like to be able to "SAVE" settings from the camera via WiFi to the iPhone/Tablet/PC. Then be able to use an "APP" to adjust the settings to a named "MyMode" EG "Studio Portraits", then be able to "LOAD" them back to the camera whenever I want.

*chr
I'm not aware of any camera which can do that, but I don't know why. It would greatly enhance useability. *chr

David M
2nd September 2013, 07:22 PM
I realise that Ian, just like me wanting 12 ISO when everyone else wants 1,000,000 ISO.

Mind you, I'd buy two of them, you always need a backup body. At least with digital you don't have to carry multiple bodies calibrated to each film stock you're shooting.

Chevvyf1
2nd September 2013, 07:26 PM
That would be outside Olympus' current naming convention. OM-D is the type. E-Mx is the specific. At least, that's what they said when the E-M5 was launched. :)

Stephen, sorry ... it must be the OM-D Pro E-M7 then :D :D :D :cool:

benvendetta
2nd September 2013, 08:56 PM
I thought so too at first glance, but it is the guy behind him with the Canon. To my poor eyes it looks in both picture Damien has hold of the EM-5.

Although the image is poor, it looks to me like the EM1.

Zuiko
2nd September 2013, 10:15 PM
It's hard to say, given the quality of that image, but I think I can see the gap between body and removable grip - which places it as the E-M5. Also the picture is from the Whitby Goth Weekend, which was held in April, probably a little too early for it to be an E-M1.

benvendetta
2nd September 2013, 10:18 PM
Probably right then.

OM USer
3rd September 2013, 10:11 AM
I shall be reading Robin Wong's review after the Kuala Lumpar "event" on 21st Sept.

brian1208
3rd September 2013, 10:20 AM
Good point, he is usually an excellent read