PDA

View Full Version : select picture option?

OM USer
27th August 2013, 09:32 PM
I accidently pressed the movie record button whilst viewing some pictures whilst on holiday and then panicked wondering what I had done. So had to get out the manual in case I had done something serious - turns out it wasn't.

Page 69 of the manual, you are in playback, and you press the "movie record button" (the one with the red dot) to "select the picture" and put a little tick in the corner. You can have more than one photo selected at a time and you can de-select pictures (press same button to toggle actually).

Great... but what then. The manual makes no mention (certainly not on this page) of what you can do with a selected picture and "select" is not in the index. My first thought was selecting photos for later printing but reading the chapter on printing this does not seem to be the case. So what is it used for?

Any help appreciated - I've only had the camera a year and a bit. Thanks.

Bikie John
27th August 2013, 09:59 PM
Just guessing - maybe if you have several selected and then hit the delete button, it will delete all the selected ones?

Be careful if you try this out :)

John

Ross the fiddler
28th August 2013, 02:37 AM
Pressing the record button that marks frames during playback (the tick symbol is seen beside the button) is for selecting the images for either deleting (with the delete button) or protecting them all by pressing the Fn2 button. The Fn2 Protection (seen with a lock symbol) can also just be pressed for each frame as well, where as deleting can be two key strokes individually (if not selected for direct deleting without confirmation, which I wouldn't do).

The beauty of this camera is that selections & operations can be done more than one way.

*chr

OM USer
28th August 2013, 09:41 AM
Great, thanks guys. Good job I noticed, I could have gone to delete one picture and found I had deleted half a dozen by mistake - or does it give you a different confirmation message to indicate more than one image will be deleted?

Any way to unselect all selected images or do you need to scroll through each one to see if it has the "tick"?

ayewing
28th August 2013, 09:44 AM
Pressing the record button that marks frames during playback (the tick symbol is seen beside the button) is for selecting the images for either deleting (with the delete button) or protecting them all by pressing the Fn2 button. The Fn2 Protection (seen with a lock symbol) can also just be pressed for each frame as well, where as deleting can be two key strokes individually (if not selected for direct deleting without confirmation, which I wouldn't do).

The beauty of this camera is that selections & operations can be done more than one way.

*chr

And even after using the camera I still keep learning new (to me) clever things it can do.

Olybirder
28th August 2013, 10:00 AM
I got caught out like that with my E-30. I was bored sitting in a hide so I went through the day's shots, ticking all the best ones, thinking that I was protecting them. I then deleted a couple of other shots and when I scrolled back I couldn't work out why all the good ones had disappeared. :o

Ron

Ross the fiddler
28th August 2013, 10:23 AM
Great, thanks guys. Good job I noticed, I could have gone to delete one picture and found I had deleted half a dozen by mistake - or does it give you a different confirmation message to indicate more than one image will be deleted?

Any way to unselect all selected images or do you need to scroll through each one to see if it has the "tick"?

If you have selected them & then can't remember which was which, you can always start again by half pressing the shutter button or pressing the play button again & then all selected frames are no longer selected.

OM USer
28th August 2013, 10:48 AM
Brilliant. Huge sigh of relief. Thank you Ross.

josephlck
6th September 2013, 02:39 PM
Probably worked out loooong ago but the selected images have a red tick in the upper right. If you try to delete a selected image (even if only one is selected), the screen goes dark blue and it says "delete selected image?" whereas if you try to delete a single image, the background remains on the picture you are (potentially) deleting.

That said, the it's so customizaable you can probably make it sing you a song instead :D

David Morison
6th September 2013, 03:07 PM
After selecting a number of images with method it is not only possible to delft all of them at once but also to protect them with the Fn2 button.

David

OM USer
6th September 2013, 05:00 PM
Joseph, David,
Thanks for the further info. Much appreciated.