PDA

View Full Version : 14-150 lens cleaning recommendations

Phill D
25th August 2013, 06:39 AM
I've got some dust in my Lumix 14-150 lens that I was just putting up with as it didn't seem to be visible in the images. However, I have just noticed a few artefacts in some largely sky aeroplane images I recently shot so was considering getting it cleaned. I tried the Panasonic approved repairer but they haven't bothered to reply to a request for quote in over two weeks now. So does anyone have any recommendations for lens cleaning companies?

angelpaaul
25th August 2013, 07:52 AM
Try this place. I've used them for both film and digital with excellent results.

http://www.newtonellis.com/

Phill D
25th August 2013, 08:42 AM
Many thanks I'll send them an email.

David M
25th August 2013, 12:07 PM
Check your sensor, dust in a lens won't show up.

ian p
25th August 2013, 03:45 PM
I've had wide angle lens dust show up. But I guess aeroplane in sky shots are all at the long end.

Wally
25th August 2013, 07:00 PM
Not sure which camera is involved but one of my e-3's had a problem with dust specs which I couldn't remove with sensor cleaning. The problem was eventually found to be in the prism area.
I've also read elsewhere that others with panasonic lens have complained of dust ingress. It would seem from what has been said, it gets sucked in during the travel involved in focussing.

Phill D
25th August 2013, 08:27 PM
Well I should have looked a bit more closely as yes there is some dust in my 14-150 but that's not what was showing up. David you were quite correct as the feint blurry splodge was on the shots I took with my 50-200 as well so it's the sensor. I've just looked with a magnifying glass and sure enough there is a small fibre of some description on the sensor. As I really have to look to see anything in the images and it's only on those with very plain backgrounds that it shows up at all I think I'm going to leave it for now. Thanks for your help everyone and gold star for David.