PDA

View Full Version : Vosonic 8860

shenstone
3rd September 2008, 07:02 PM
I'm planning a trip away from the Welsh Weather and need to increase my storage capacity as I may need more than the 40GB jobo I have at present

After looking at the options I'm strongly considering the Vosonic 8860 as a cost effective and functionally rich viewer

Any one got one and if so any thoughts ?

Regards
Andy

shirley
3rd September 2008, 07:14 PM
Hi Andy,
I have a vosonic, although not the version you mentioned, and have had no problems. I have a version with no viewer, so once I have deleted the pics from the card I can't view them until I get home but I havn't really found that a problem. I have used it for just over a year with no lost or corrupted pics. I hope this is of some help to you.
Shirley

shenstone
3rd September 2008, 07:26 PM
Cheers - no problems is definitely a good start

The copy and hope is what I have with my Jobo and I've always worried, but like you never had a problem.

I just fancy knowing and using the jobo as a second copy just in case as I've a friend who had a storage device c**p out on him whilst on a photo trip and it's made me think

Regards
Andy

j.baker
3rd September 2008, 10:27 PM
Andy,

I use two small storage devices (with memory card readers), They have no screen, but they were very very cheap @ <20 for the device without any 2.5" PATA drives. They have replaceable batteries (nokia phone clones) and a fairly fast.

Do a ebay search for Digimate III. I use 120GB disks in mine, and they are very cheap these days.

Graham_of_Rainham
3rd September 2008, 10:35 PM
I've got the Vosonic X drive Pro with 4 slots for cards and it's very good

Does exactly what it says on the packet...

*chr

blu-by-u
4th September 2008, 01:21 AM
I am using the Vosonic 8390. It's a bit slow but no problems. no failed copies or backups.

shenstone
7th September 2008, 09:27 AM
Well I went for it from a company called memoryforless.co.uk and it arrived within 1 day as promised and looks very well constructed and it is very simple to use.

Comparing it to my mates Jobo Pro it doen't have a couple of photo festures such as loupe & dust detection, but the screen is better, the menu's are easier and the zoom is easier so I don't think I'll miss that loupe feature. Dust - well I have an olympus so that's not as much as a problem as it is for some ;)

It handles E500/510 Raw files quickly and clearly. Note quite as fast as just jpg,s but you wouldn't expect it.

Battery life - too soon to say I've only downloaded 4 cards and played with it for about an hour.

So overall ... impressed to start and I'll use it in anger next week

Regards
Andy