PDA

View Full Version : Tutorials on E-M5?

cOMpact
25th July 2013, 10:56 PM
Good evening

Are there any decent tutorials out there - on You Tube possibly? The Creativelive one looked OK but only the intro part is on YT. How much will the price of $49 to view the rest be in real money finally?

Have ordered the David Busch book as an alternative to the downloaded manual (prefer a book) but it wonít be here for a while.

Any other users in Somerset?

Phil

StephenL
26th July 2013, 06:47 AM
Hi and welcome. I don't know about Youtube, but if you wade through the E-M5 section of this forum you'll find hundreds of tips. Anything you want to know, just ask someone else will have the solution! As to the book, I think a few of the forum members have it and generally it's considered a good intro to the camera.

Melaka
26th July 2013, 06:52 AM
This might help you www.dpreview.com/articles/9115179666/user-guide-getting-the-most-out-of-the-olympus-e-m5

G2EWS
26th July 2013, 06:59 AM
Hi Phil,

David Busch's book is good, but it is only a slightly better informed manual.

If you are into Evernote I have a dedicated Notebook on the OMD which has been shared all over the world. It has various guides and pdf manuals, along with reviews.

You don't have to be a user of Evernote to join the Notebook:

https://www.evernote.com/pub/g2ews/omd

Hopefully it is not breaking any rules on here - don't want to upset on my second post! Nothing untoward, just a great resource I created for fellow OMD users.

You can also add to the Notebook any additional bits of information you may have or find.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Chris

Ross the fiddler
26th July 2013, 08:12 AM
Hi and welcome. I don't know about Youtube, but if you wade through the E-M5 section of this forum you'll find hundreds of tips. Anything you want to know, just ask someone else will have the solution! As to the book, I think a few of the forum members have it and generally it's considered a good intro to the camera.

This might help you www.dpreview.com/articles/9115179666/user-guide-getting-the-most-out-of-the-olympus-e-m5

Here's another one.
http://www.ayton.id.au/wiki/doku.php?id=photo:olympusem5_settings

G2EWS
26th July 2013, 08:58 AM
Hi Ross,

Not seen that one before so added it to the Evernote OMD Notebook as well.

Best regards

Chris

stryker
26th July 2013, 05:29 PM
There is a dedicated blog for the OMS EM-5 at http://omdem5.wordpress.com/.
Load and loads of discussions reviews and tutorials.
Also loads of links to other web pages.

G2EWS
26th July 2013, 06:06 PM
Yep, got that one on the OMD Notebook, it is as you say very good.

Regards

Chri

DavidJ1609
27th July 2013, 01:48 PM
Hi Phil,
David Busch's book is good, but it is only a slightly better informed manual.
Chris

Agreed. I was disappointed.

cOMpact
27th July 2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks chaps, some interesting stuff there. Almost wish I hadít bothered the book now but it will be handy for quick reference, unlike the PDF.

Phil

DavidJ1609
27th July 2013, 11:43 PM
Thanks chaps, some interesting stuff there. Almost wish I hadít bothered the book now but it will be handy for quick reference, unlike the PDF.

Phil

Actually, if Amazon have a no-quibble immediate returns policy, I'd return it and use the credit to buy something else; when this happens, I usually buy something I wouldn't usually, but think 'what the heck' as I'd already committed the funds. :-)

Seriously, printing or writing excerpts from the various websites and forums and keeping them in a small wallet fro reference is much more useful!

David.

G2EWS
28th July 2013, 08:08 AM
Hi David,

If you have never used Evernote, that is exactly what you can do.

Evernote allows you to keep information in folders on most devices:

Windows computer
Mac computer
iPhone
iPad
Android phone
etc.

Once synced all devices will show you the same information.

So my OMD, Evernote, Notebook, is available to me wherever I am. I can look at the manuals or remind myself of settings.

As mentioned above, this is something I have created for anyone to use and add to as they see fit.

Evernote is a free app/software but can be bought to get increased functionality. But you don't need the paid for version to use a shared Notebook. In fact you don't need any version to use a 'shared' Notebook.

By the way, I am no more than an 'Evangelist' on the Evernote forum. Which means I help people, usually with the 'Business' version. I have over 12,000 Notes on my 'Personal' and 'Business' Evernote.

Best regards

Chris

Phill D
28th July 2013, 08:26 AM
Evernote looks like a really good idea. I haven't got an OMD but I enjoyed looking nonetheless.