PDA

View Full Version : Reduced hire service between 29th July and 9th August

Ian
21st July 2013, 01:00 PM
Please book ASAP if you need hire gear between 29th July and 9th August

If you are planning a hire that requires equipment to arrive between 30th July and 9th August and have not yet booked your hire, to avoid any potential disappointment please try to complete your booking by the end of Friday 26th July because we will be on leave from 29th July returning on the 9th August.

It is unlikely that we will be able to complete and send out new bookings during the period that we are away, although I am looking in to a possible solution.

Thanks,

Ian

Wee man
21st July 2013, 08:55 PM
Bump .

Ian
29th July 2013, 10:20 PM
Update - we do have a contingency plan in place. Basically the service remains in operation while we are away but we can't be as responsive as we usually are so short notice bookings will be very difficult to fulfil. We really do need 2-3 days notice at the very least. It's best to email us - please include your address, phone number(s), email address and precise dates for when you need an item or items to arrive and when you can send them back and we will do our best to send you a quote and get your bookings out to you :)

We're back in the office on 9th August.

Ian

Zuiko
29th July 2013, 10:24 PM
Update - we do have a contingency plan in place. Basically the service remains in operation while we are away but we can't be as responsive as we usually are so short notice bookings will be very difficult to fulfil. We really do need 2-3 days notice at the very least. It's best to email us - please include your address, phone number(s), email address and precise dates for when you need an item or items to arrive and when you can send them back and we will do our best to send you a quote and get your bookings out to you :)

We're back in the office on 9th August.

Ian

Part of the problem, no doubt, is that Ian is taking half the stock with him to Japan! :D:D:D

StephenL
30th July 2013, 06:41 AM
But just think of all the prototypes he'll be bringing back!

Ian
30th July 2013, 11:31 AM
Part of the problem, no doubt, is that Ian is taking half the stock with him to Japan! :D:D:D

You are closer to the truth than you realise, John - we only have one 14-150 and it's on Julia's camera here - guess what, someone has asked if it's available!

Ian (At Schiphol, waiting to board the long haul connection to Osaka)

Ian
9th August 2013, 10:44 AM
We are now back in the office, jet lag notwithstanding! And even more good news - we now have the new Pen E-P5 in stock and I will be adding it to our price list later on today :)

Ian

Ian
9th August 2013, 11:44 AM
In fact I have just noticed that these are E-P5 17mm f/1.8 kits with the VF-4 :)

Ian

Sisi
9th August 2013, 08:23 PM
Thank you so much for the very efficient service while you were away!

Ian
10th August 2013, 04:40 AM
Thanks Sisi, it was our pleasure! I hope the 90-250 did the business at the proms earlier on!

Ian

Sisi
10th August 2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks Sisi, it was our pleasure! I hope the 90-250 did the business at the proms earlier on!

Ian

Yes, I still have the 90-250 until the end of the season. I was trying out the OMD EM5 with it. The main advantage of the OMD is that it is so quiet which is crucial for my work. I have a few issues though which I would like to discuss and I would welcome your feedback on the results. Where would be the best place to post or send you some examples?

Thanks!
Sisi

Bikie John
10th August 2013, 09:03 AM
I wouldn't like to intrude on any confidential discussions but I would be very interested to hear how you got on with it Sisi and to see a few examples if you can share them.

If there are no commercial issues with sharing them, perhaps you could start a new thread in Photo Fair or Looking For whatever-we-call-it-these-days?

John

Sisi
10th August 2013, 09:31 AM
I wouldn't like to intrude on any confidential discussions but I would be very interested to hear how you got on with it Sisi and to see a few examples if you can share them.

If there are no commercial issues with sharing them, perhaps you could start a new thread in Photo Fair or Looking For whatever-we-call-it-these-days?

John

Thanks John! Yes, good idea. Will post something........

Ian
10th August 2013, 11:16 AM
Yes, I still have the 90-250 until the end of the season. I was trying out the OMD EM5 with it. The main advantage of the OMD is that it is so quiet which is crucial for my work. I have a few issues though which I would like to discuss and I would welcome your feedback on the results. Where would be the best place to post or send you some examples?

Thanks!
Sisi

Best post this feedback in the E-M5 forum:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Naturally, Olympus has promised to solve certain issues when using lenses like the 90-250 with the expected new camera.

Ian

Sisi
10th August 2013, 12:01 PM
Best post this feedback in the E-M5 forum:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Naturally, Olympus has promised to solve certain issues when using lenses like the 90-250 with the expected new camera.

Ian

Do you know any more yet about the new camera and when we can expect it?

Ian
10th August 2013, 01:03 PM
Do you know any more yet about the new camera and when we can expect it?

Hi Sisi, you will just have to keep an eye on the websites for news. Sorry I can't be more exact than that. Basically the promise from various Olympus statements is for before the end of this year.

Ian