PDA

View Full Version : Megablitz 15 MS-1

Hemlockwood
11th July 2013, 09:06 PM
I recently purchased a Mecablitz ring flash together with a 35 mm Macro lens. Already to start my adventure into the world of macro photography!!! I have a E510 camera which I believe is compatible with this ring flash. However despite my best endeavours I have yet to take a picture using this combination. I have set the flash to Olympus for TTL. The camera flash is up and covered by the attachment but the ring flash does not fire. On occasions it has but the pictures are black. I have now lost complete confidence. I am now uncertain about the settings I should be using on this camera. This was supposed to be simple. Help!!:confused:

David Morison
11th July 2013, 11:00 PM
Not familiar with the E510 but doesn't the camera need to be set to RC, because the flash is not controlled by the hot shoe contacts?

David

Hemlockwood
11th July 2013, 11:36 PM
Thanks for responding David. I have checked RC is not available on E510. I am perplexed through my research I believed that Olympus cameras worked perfectly with this flash. The camera flash is supposed to set off the ring flash or so I thought. I am determined resolve this problem

BWill
12th July 2013, 09:53 AM
Hi

As David says, does the E510 have wireless flash control?

If the answer is no then you will have to revert to manual firing using a PC sync cord (and Hot Shoe Adapter), see page 80 "Operation with Synchronous Cable" of the manual (if you do not have this then it can be down loaded from the Metz site. You will will also need to use Manual on the camera and adjust the intensity using your aperture and the Power/Ratio control on the flashgun. Some time ago I put some information on the Four Thirds User Forum about firmware upgrades.

Sorry but I cannot post links at present.

Hope this helps
Bryan

Hemlockwood
13th July 2013, 05:36 PM
Thanks Bryan. I bought a hot shoe adapter and cable. Used the settings you suggested and it works! I have now read elsewhere that wireless is unavailable on the Olympus e510. Thanks again.*chr