PDA

View Full Version : Photokina 2008 - What would you like to see?

Cathal
26th August 2008, 12:25 PM
As the exhibition approaches, what would you like to see announced at it?

For me, I'd like the following:

12mm prime (f/2.8 or faster)
75mm prime (or in that region)
150-300mm zoom (f/4.5-5.6)

I'd also love to see Leica produce some more primes like the 25mm, although I think their problem with doing so would be to take focus (bad pun, sorry) away from the M8.

I think it is safe to assume a body between the e520 and e3, though I think the e3 will get an upgrade.

I'm not confident we will see any of my wish list, as I think for Olympus the show will be the launch pad for micro four thirds, and the less they have competing with that, the better.

What's your take on possible announcements?

Graham_of_Rainham
26th August 2008, 12:36 PM
A full frame digital back for the OM3/4

A software upgrade to provide Multi-Spot Metering on E-Series

E-System short extention tube

Full remote control of MFT-System via Studio Software

*chr

R MacE
26th August 2008, 02:35 PM
Pro Build E-420
A Pro Spec weather proof m4/3rds body and Pro (mid Range, weather proof) lenses.

If they can't/won't build a Pro Spec E-420 than they should stop talking about reduced size DSLR's, we've heard enough talk, time for action.

theMusicMan
26th August 2008, 02:56 PM
Mid range 100mm-400mm or 500mm f4/4.5 - seriously attractive if they appeared.

Chillimonster
26th August 2008, 03:52 PM
The announcement, of new 4/3rd sensor technology to go with the 'tweener' camera that goes between the e-520 & e-3.

HughofBardfield
26th August 2008, 03:59 PM
A full frame digital back for the OM3/4

A software upgrade to provide Multi-Spot Metering on E-Series

E-System short extention tube

Full remote control of MFT-System via Studio Software

*chr

I'll drink - heartily - to the first two of those! *chr

Unfortunately, I think my election to the Holy See as Bishop of Rome is slightly more likely... :(

I'll settle for something that clearly demonstrates Olympus's ongoing commitment to Four Thirds DSLRs, and not just some halfway house "tweener"

Oh, and a proper tilt/ shift lens at around 14mm (might need to come with it's own wheelbarrow...)

Makonde
26th August 2008, 04:07 PM
New, better 4/3 sensor, less noisy at high ISO. That must surely be improved if either 4/3 or Micro 4/3 is going to take off at the upper levels.