PDA

View Full Version : Bought an OMD, I'm an Olympian again

Kiwi Paul
30th June 2013, 01:40 PM
I finally decided to give the OMD a go, want to see what all the fuss is about, should arrive on Tuesday, looking forward to it and see how it compares to my GH3, guess I'll soon be a Olysonic or a Panympus :o

Paul

StephenL
30th June 2013, 01:54 PM
You'll find a difference ergonomically. Panasonic do some things better, Olympus some. Interestingly, I've just bought a G3 as a second body!

I think it's great that Panasonic and Olympus, thanks to m4/3 and 4/3, can be freely interchanged. Don't think there are any other two companies which can do that.

tomphotofx
30th June 2013, 04:14 PM
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results the OM-D delivers.

Tom:)

Kiwi Paul
2nd July 2013, 06:14 PM
It arrived today, took me a while to remember how to use Olympus menus again but it coming back to me.
I'm surprised just how 'compact' it is, even smaller than the G5, it well built and the buttons and wheels have a nice feel, ergonomically it does feel a bit cramped and there isn't much 'purchase' to hold, I can see why folk recommend the grip, I'll be keen to try it when it arrives from the free grip promotion.
Its early days but first impressions are good, very different from the G5 and GH3 but thats good as now I have options to use whichever camera suits best what I'm doing.

Paul

Simon Bee
2nd July 2013, 06:41 PM
Paul,

The grip makes a world of difference IMO, and it is great that you can remove the lower part if you wish whilst retaining the positive hold the grip provides.

I am sure you will find the HLD6 transforms the ergonomics especially when you have larger lenses mounted to the body.

Regards

Simon