PDA

View Full Version : Olympus UK free E-M5 grip promotion

Ian
24th June 2013, 06:05 PM
From Olympus UK today:

GET A (FREE) GRIP

Starting on July 1st we are offering customers who purchase any OM-D E-M5 body or M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-50mm lens kit an HLD-6 2-Part Grip worth over 200 absolutely free! This great offer will be backed by in-store, online and print promotion.

The HLD-6 is an essential part of any OM-D kit as it allows users to not only have additional power at hand but the innovative two-part design allows for easier shooting for both landscape (HLD-6G) and portrait (HLD-6P) photography.

Attaching only the HLD-6G to the camera gives users a more secure grip on the OM-D, whilst the HLD-6P adds ease to portrait shots via the additional dials and buttons.

Promotion is valid for retailers and residents of UK & Ireland only. HLD-6 grip is available via redemtion. Offer ends 30/09/2013.

Kiwi Paul
24th June 2013, 06:49 PM
I just ordered one today, will that qualify or shall I cancel and wait till July?

Paul

dbutch
24th June 2013, 07:13 PM
I bought an omd on Saturday and got a spare battery (useful) & an ever ready case which I really didn't need or want oh well timing...

If any one wants an ever ready case please make a sensible offer (currenly 95 on amazon) Could part ex

Dave

Kiwi Paul
24th June 2013, 07:49 PM
I cancelled my order, Amazon hadn't processed it so a 1 click cancel.

Paul

Ross the fiddler
25th June 2013, 01:28 AM
Sounds like another good bonus for those in the UK & Ireland. The grip is certainly a worthwhile addition for the E-M5 & I had to buy mine. *yes

Naughty Nigel
13th September 2013, 12:26 PM
Hmm. I have just bought an E-M5 which was previously owned.

Is there any way of finding out whether the previous owner took advantage of this offer, and if he didn't, is there any chance of getting one?

Ian
13th September 2013, 12:28 PM
That offer is well done and dusted!

Ian

Naughty Nigel
13th September 2013, 12:36 PM
That offer is well done and dusted!

Ian

Oh well. It was worth asking. *yes

I will have a look on Fleabay.

My only problem is that the E-M5 is so impressive, and does so much that my E5 will probably become a doorstop.

snaarman
13th September 2013, 01:08 PM
Oh well. It was worth asking. *yes

I will have a look on Fleabay.

My only problem is that the E-M5 is so impressive, and does so much that my E5 will probably become a doorstop.

I did read (in the past 24 hours) that someone here with a E-M5 has a grip he never uses, and it went in a box in the cupboard. Try asking around :-)

Pete

PS. I use my half grip all the time...

peak4
13th September 2013, 01:14 PM
I did read (in the past 24 hours) that someone here with a E-M5 has a grip he never uses, and it went in a box in the cupboard. Try asking around :-)

Pete

Hmmmmmm; so do I since the bottom half now prevents the camera turning on if there is a battery in it :(
I'll get it sent off after my hols.

bilbo
13th September 2013, 01:16 PM

Pete

It was OM USer post #119 in this thread: http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28892

Naughty Nigel
13th September 2013, 01:50 PM
It was OM USer post #119 in this thread: http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28892

Thanks. Finally found it!

There cannot be many threads that attract 120 posts in just two days. :)

OM USer
13th September 2013, 05:56 PM
Sorry folks but I'm keeping it [the grip] as its the only way to plug in an external power pack.. not that I have one of those yet but its on my list on "one day I will".

Naughty Nigel
13th September 2013, 08:28 PM
My lucky day. :)

I see someone is selling one on Fleabay for 431.24, although it is from Germany.

Vorsprung Durch Technik anyone? *yes