PDA

View Full Version : Only one more sleep........

Kiwi Paul
13th June 2013, 04:05 PM
till my 60mm Macro arrives :D

Paul

Ian
13th June 2013, 04:17 PM
I'd love to know how you get on with it, Paul :)

Ian

Kiwi Paul
13th June 2013, 04:24 PM
I'll let you know soon :)

Paul

Imageryone
13th June 2013, 06:24 PM
You had better :D:D:D

Kiwi Paul
14th June 2013, 11:35 PM
It's smaller and lighter than I expected, performs well and is a nice piece of kit.

I've bought it purely for its macro capability, I have the 35-100 f2.8 for general shooting.

I have played with it a bit today but need to experiment with lighting, composition and dof more to understand how to get the best macro images but look forward to learning. I've used the Oly 50mm f2 macro so familiar with shooting macro but its an art in itself and takes a lot of practice and imagination to get really good shots.

Anyway here's one from today....

ooc jpg (GH3 handheld with 60mm)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-37XimP8mt9A/UbumTLJXm2I/AAAAAAAAEOY/LFjYpjPQeh8/w1200-h801-no/P1020297.jpg

Paul

gregles
14th June 2013, 11:42 PM
This is definitely on my wish list;)

shirley
15th June 2013, 07:06 AM
Paul,
How do you think it compares with 50mm?
I am also tempted by this lens but I already have the 50mm, which I can use with the adapter and love, and the 12-50 with the macro mode, although I don't feel I have been very successful with this.
My question, to myself...or anybody else who wants to chip in, is whether I just have GAS ans should continue with the lenses I have or if I really would appreciate this lens. I have recently sold some kit so could afford it!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Shirley

Imageryone
15th June 2013, 07:12 AM
Good detail in this one , Paul, have fun getting to know the lens.

Ross the fiddler
15th June 2013, 11:30 AM
Paul, I hope you have fun with it & produce many (more) nice shots with it.

Paul,
How do you think it compares with 50mm?
I am also tempted by this lens but I already have the 50mm, which I can use with the adapter and love, and the 12-50 with the macro mode, although I don't feel I have been very successful with this.
My question, to myself...or anybody else who wants to chip in, is whether I just have GAS ans should continue with the lenses I have or if I really would appreciate this lens. I have recently sold some kit so could afford it!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Shirley

Shirley, the 60mm will focus much faster than the 50mm can & quietly too. Also it's a fixed length with internal focussing, plus it can achieve 1:1 without any adapters & extension tubes etc., but, M4/3's extension tubes are available from Kenko which can get you a little closer with more magnification too. No, I don't think it is GAS, but something that is a more capable & compact tool for the kit. I almost forgot, it's also splash proof too!

*chr

shirley
15th June 2013, 11:54 AM
Thank you Ross I hoped somebody would say that.!! I think I had already convinced myself but don't want to be wasteful. :D I am currently visiting the London Salon exhibition, I had 2 images accepted this year. Guess what I will be doing when I get home? :D*yes

sapper
16th June 2013, 08:42 AM
Gas??? ?????

Ross the fiddler
16th June 2013, 08:47 AM
Gas??? ?????

Well, it does depend on what you eat too! :p :D

sapper
16th June 2013, 08:49 AM
Yes I know Ross, but that is not very helpful, grump grump!:rolleyes:

shirley
16th June 2013, 01:41 PM
Gas??? ?????

Gadget Acquisition Syndrome LOL

Whatever it is, the 60mm is now on order. I hope it will only be 2 more sleeps!

sapper
16th June 2013, 01:48 PM
Oh.....I thought it was lens lust

Wee man
16th June 2013, 05:39 PM
Hi Paul nice to hear from you looks a good lens I am still with 4/3 but the G6 is tempting me..................

Ross the fiddler
16th June 2013, 10:43 PM
Gadget Acquisition Syndrome LOL

Whatever it is, the 60mm is now on order. I hope it will only be 2 more sleeps!

Congratulations!

Oh.....I thought it was lens lust

Only for the onlookers. :p Sorry. :o I hope you are able to get one soon if that is your great desire. *yes

sapper
17th June 2013, 08:03 AM
Congratulations!

Only for the onlookers. :p Sorry. :o I hope you are able to get one soon if that is your great desire. *yes

No Ross, my great desire is the 150mm 1.8, which is not cheap.
Maybe there will be an Oly sponsored shoot where I can try one and realise that I don't like it:D

Ross the fiddler
17th June 2013, 10:51 AM
No Ross, my great desire is the 150mm 1.8, which is not cheap.
Maybe there will be an Oly sponsored shoot where I can try one and realise that I don't like it:D

I can understand that then & with real GAS! :D