PDA

View Full Version : A flood of software updates today!

CJJE
12th June 2013, 10:18 AM
The OM-D E-M5 and the Pen E-P3, E-P2, E-PL5, E-PL3, E-PL2, E-PL1, E-PM2 & E-PM1 all get firmware updates today - primarily to work with the new VF-4 viewfinder, although some cameras also get improved stability for their LCD screens.

Details at http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/firm/e1/

Happy updating!! :)

Ross the fiddler
12th June 2013, 12:49 PM
Having the E-M5, I think I'll actually pass on this one unless someone finds something else that might be better in the 1.7 update besides the VF-4 use. I would like the newer AF algorithms of the E-P5 that is supposed to improve the AF speed with some 4/3's lens with anything else being unlikely, which would be kept for the next OM-D.

pvasc
12th June 2013, 07:32 PM
Having the E-M5, I think I'll actually pass on this one unless someone finds something else that might be better in the 1.7 update besides the VF-4 use. I would like the newer AF algorithms of the E-P5 that is supposed to improve the AF speed with some 4/3's lens with anything else being unlikely, which would be kept for the next OM-D.
Well it didn't happen, no updated AF algorithms, 50-200mm 1.5 - 2 sec to focus, before and after update. But I'm one step closer to having a VF that locks to the camera.