PDA

View Full Version : E-520 review posted on DPreview

CaptainD
20th August 2008, 02:52 PM
DPreview have posted a review of the E-520, highly recommended (Just) is their conclusion. Many of the normal E-system comments are made but it a worthwhile read for anyone who is getting tempted.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/OlympusE520/

Cheers

Chris *chr

StephenL
20th August 2008, 03:07 PM
Having just "upgraded" to the E-520 from the E-510, I feel that most comments are fair but emphasise the technical findings rather than the "real world" results. I've found so far (it's been raining too much for a decent outing yet!) that the 520 just "feels" better than the 510, not that there was much wrong with the 510. It somehow feels more instant and even better built, with results which please me more. But then I'm prejudiced!

Jim Ford
21st August 2008, 07:05 PM
Since they've previously made the egregious statement that sensor cleaning should be done at shutdown, I consider dpreviews of little worth, and don't bother reading them nowadays!

Jim

crimbo
22nd August 2008, 05:54 AM
Since they've previously made the egregious statement that sensor cleaning should be done at shutdown, I consider dpreviews of little worth, and don't bother reading them nowadays!

Jim

now dont dismiss the pretty lady because she has a big pimple on her nose
dPreview have guided me in my camera choice for some time and their facts are good and their opinions are like everybody elses...just opinions