PDA

View Full Version : New member (Milton Keynes)

Cathal
19th August 2008, 10:37 PM
Hi,

My name is Cathal Gantly, and I've just joined the group. Last week I acquired an e510 twin-lens kit, and a 25mm f2.8 pancake lens. Still getting to grips with the system, though initial results are quite favorable. (Next into the bag will be the 35mm macro.)

I've been a keen photographer since getting my first SLR in 1981. My first Olympus camera was an XA2 (which I still have). I've also owned an OM2 Spot Program, and an OM4.

I am a member of Buckingham Camera Club, and judge at photography clubs through the CACC. I can also be found on ePhotozine.com where my user name is "cathal" .

Looking forward to learning from everybody here, and hopefully being able to contribute in due course.

Best regards,

Cathal

Zuiko
20th August 2008, 12:10 AM
Hi,

My name is Cathal Gantly, and I've just joined the group. Last week I acquired an e510 twin-lens kit, and a 25mm f2.8 pancake lens. Still getting to grips with the system, though initial results are quite favorable. (Next into the bag will be the 35mm macro.)

I've been a keen photographer since getting my first SLR in 1981. My first Olympus camera was an XA2 (which I still have). I've also owned an OM2 Spot Program, and an OM4.

I am a member of Buckingham Camera Club, and judge at photography clubs through the CACC. I can also be found on ePhotozine.com where my user name is "cathal" .

Looking forward to learning from everybody here, and hopefully being able to contribute in due course.

Best regards,

Cathal

Hi Cathal, and welcome to the forum.

Hopefully you will learn from us, but with your involvement and experience in photography I expect we'll learn a lot from you!

I believe Buckingham is a very active and successful camera club. Is my old mate Chris Williams still a member? Tell him John Perriment sends his regards - I'll have to catch up with him sometime.

Is the 510 your first digital camera? It's a great choice (but I would say that, wouldn't I!) Looking forward to seeing some of your results in your gallery and on the forum. Meanwhile, if you need any technical help with the "new toy" just ask, there's a wealth of experience here. :)

Cheers,

HughofBardfield
20th August 2008, 09:48 AM
Welcome Cathal!

Cathal
20th August 2008, 10:41 AM
John,

Chris has only just left the area for pastures new. A great shame, not least because we now need a new tea boy!

The e510 is not my first dSLR. I still have my Nikon D100, which I've owned since it was first launched in the UK just over six years ago. Prior to that, I enjoyed digital photography by scanning film. I still have a very soft spot for black and white photography.

In terms of equipment, for reasons too complicated to mentioned now I have been slowly divesting myself of a very comprehensive Nikon outfit. My medium format Bronica system went a few years ago.In the future, I might get another medium format outfit, perhaps a Pentax 645 or 6x7.

Regards,

Cathal

fulhamphil
20th August 2008, 02:35 PM
Hi Cathal, welcome from a relatively new member, i look forward to sharing both your images and knowledge, regards, Phil.:)

CaptainD
20th August 2008, 02:54 PM
Welcome aboard Cathal, I hope you will enjoy the forum as much as I do.

Cheers

Chris *chr

theMusicMan
20th August 2008, 03:46 PM
Welcome to e-group Cathal, great to have you here. I am sure we are all going to be able to learn from you, and I am looking forward to seeing some of your images.

emirpprime
20th August 2008, 04:08 PM
Hi and welcome Cathal!

Its always good to have another discerning eye :) I look forward to seeing some of your shots too. Don't be shy!
Phil