PDA

View Full Version : HELP! lens clarity

47johnnyj
17th May 2013, 07:30 PM
my 50-200 mm lens seems to have lost its sharpness, is there a maintenance service for this, I've tried cleaning the lens to no avail, any ideas please

Imageryone
17th May 2013, 10:08 PM
my 50-200 mm lens seems to have lost its sharpness, is there a maintenance service for this, I've tried cleaning the lens to no avail, any ideas please

I had this with my 70-300mm, I cleaned the contacts on the lens and made sure the pins on the camera depressed correctly and the problem disappeared, hope yours is as simple as that.

David M
17th May 2013, 10:35 PM
Do you have a protective filter fitted?

Zuiko
18th May 2013, 12:28 AM
I had this with my 70-300mm, I cleaned the contacts on the lens and made sure the pins on the camera depressed correctly and the problem disappeared, hope yours is as simple as that.

Try this first, if it doesn't work then it's probably a case of sending it to Olympus for a service.

Ralph Harwood
18th May 2013, 03:28 AM
Hi everyone!

This is a long shot, but doesn't the E-5 have a sort of focussing adjustment for individual lenses? I think my new E-30 has it. It might be worth checking if this has been altered in any way from standard for this particular lens. You might also be able to re-calibrate the lens yourself rather than send it back to olympus.

Cheers,

Ralph.