PDA

View Full Version : Challenge 56-An Unusual View

shirley
9th May 2013, 08:18 PM
The theme for our next challenge will be An Unusual View.

The 'view' could be a landscape or an object/person taken from an unusual angle. So almost anything goes.

Email your images to shirleymhollis(at)yahoo.co.UK

Max. 800 pixels in width or height
Up to 512KB
EXIF intact
Taken by you on an E-series (4/3 or m4/3) camera between 9th May 2013 and 28th May 2013.
Include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.

Full rules:
==================
1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between 9th May and 28th May 2013 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery after 28th May 2013. We will vote in the week following, results announced soon after voting closes. More reminders and details nearer the date.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :

Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
Must be jpg format and no more than 800 pixels on the longest edge
Must have been taken on an Olympus E-* camera
Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.
4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:

Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.

Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.

Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.

Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Imageryone
9th May 2013, 10:14 PM
Challenging subject, have put the thinking cap on :)

Chevvyf1
11th May 2013, 06:38 AM
oooh! now thats going to be churning through my mind all day on HMS Warrior - there must be many there :D

shirley
11th May 2013, 12:20 PM
First image is in - thank you
Hopefully many more to follow.

Chevvyf1
11th May 2013, 12:25 PM
WoW That is quick :)

Wee man
19th May 2013, 10:19 AM
Bump. .

shirley
19th May 2013, 10:31 AM
Hi Folks,
Thanks for the bump Wee Man, only 9 days to go. I already have a number of excellent entries so keep 'em coming.

I have replied to those I have received so if you think you have sent an entry and not had an acknowledgement it has not reached me!

Thanks for those who have already submitted it would be great to have a few more!
Shirley

Chevvyf1
19th May 2013, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the reminder :eek: I think I have an entry but it needs a little "polish" :cool:

shirley
25th May 2013, 02:58 PM
Hi folks,
Only a few days left to add your entry to the pics I already have. The weather looks set to be fine for photography over the weekend so I am looking forward to lots of new pics before the Tuesday.:)
Shirley

Chevvyf1
25th May 2013, 03:18 PM
Ahh! Tuesday Thanks for this Shirley !

shirley
28th May 2013, 09:03 AM
A quick bump. Last day to add your entry to the competition.
Still chance to take that stunning unusual view!

Chevvyf1
29th May 2013, 10:17 AM
Shirley, Sorry I did not manage an entry :( but I promise to Vote :)