PDA

View Full Version : Calling all landscape photographers in SE England

Ian
8th May 2013, 11:42 AM
Yes, I did say England. Will Cheung needs some English landscape photos for one of the publications he is working on and has not been getting as many submissions as he would like:

"Why am I struggling so much getting some really great landscape pictures of SE England - you know, Kent, Sussex, those areas. Have all the talented togs all moved to Dorset? Or is the area so unphotogenic that no-one bothers? Seriously, if any one has some great rural images (ie not Brighton) and without snow/frost, please get in touch on willcheung@bright-publishing.com"

Are you up to the challenge? You will be paid if your shots are used.

Ian

Ian
8th May 2013, 02:34 PM
No takers?!

Ian

Graham_of_Rainham
8th May 2013, 03:25 PM
Would I be allowed to have a delightful young lady, skipping through the landscape with a daisy in her hair...

A hint to what is wanted would be most helpful.

*chr

OlyPaul
8th May 2013, 03:33 PM
No takers?!

Ian

The few I have from East and West Sussex are all coastal shots.:)

Zuiko
8th May 2013, 03:35 PM
Well, I've recently sent him a selection of pictures of Hatfield Forest. His response was encouraging and he asked for some more, which I sent. He's now holding them for possible use in the autumn, but of course that does not guarantee publication. Still, it's an encouraging position to be in.

I don't actually have much (anything!) of Kent or East Sussex but I do have a set from Bosham (West Sussex) if that's not too far out of the area he is requesting. At the risk of appearing greedy I might sent him a few to see if they are of interest.

The latest issue of Advanced Photographer magazine is published tomorrow and should contain further details of Will's 24 hour photo-shot in London on 21st/22nd June, as promoted in a separate thread. I will update that thread when I have those details. :)

Invicta
8th May 2013, 03:42 PM
Yes, I did say England. Will Cheung needs some English landscape photos for one of the publications he is working on and has not been getting as many submissions as he would like:

"Why am I struggling so much getting some really great landscape pictures of SE England - you know, Kent, Sussex, those areas. Have all the talented togs all moved to Dorset? Or is the area so unphotogenic that no-one bothers? Seriously, if any one has some great rural images (ie not Brighton) and without snow/frost, please get in touch on willcheung@bright-publishing.com"

Are you up to the challenge? You will be paid if your shots are used.

Ian

Hi Ian

Do you have any further info on who the publishing company is? I have not heard of Bright Publishing.

Zuiko
8th May 2013, 03:53 PM
Hi Ian

Do you have any further info on who the publishing company is? I have not heard of Bright Publishing.

Probably best known in the photography world for publishing Advanced Photography magazine. :)

Jetset95
8th May 2013, 04:33 PM
I'll see what I can find - Essex / Herts any good do you think?

StephenL
8th May 2013, 05:08 PM
Yes, does Herts count?

David M
8th May 2013, 11:01 PM
This thread should be flagged, a publisher with a budget for photography!