PDA

View Full Version : WIFI SD cards

Grant
29th April 2013, 09:08 PM
Has anyone tried in the epl-1 I go camping alot and like the idea of viewing on ipad or kindle rather than waiting to get home . Impatient I know but like the idea

Graham_of_Rainham
3rd May 2013, 02:43 PM
http://www.toshiba-components.com/FlashAir/faq.html#3

The FlashAir™ SD Card will create a Wireless LAN (WLAN) Access Point (AP). Any other device which has a WLAN function (e.g. PC, Tablet, Smartphone) can connect to this AP and create a direct communication channel to the FlashAir™ SD Card inside the camera. There is no need to remove the card or to plug a cable into the camera. FlashAir™ includes a HTML Server function which allows easy access to all data stored on the card by simply using any kind of browser on the remote Host (e.g. PC, Tablet, Smartphone). Now you can see all pictures or movies taken by the camera inside the browser window. You may decide to store a local copy of the files to the remote Host.

byegad
11th November 2013, 08:14 PM
I use both Flashair and Eye-Fi, and the Eye-Fi wins it for me hands down. The cameras with Eye-Fi cards automatically send each new photo to my Nexus, so I can see the 7" image within seconds of taking them without any additional work by me. The Flashair requires you launch the app on the Nexus and connect to download whatever is new on the card.

Others will prefer the Flashair system but for me it's the hands free aspect of Eye-Fi that wins out.