PDA

View Full Version : FLBA-1 Flash diffuser for FL-50R

rutwij
23rd April 2013, 05:40 PM
Hi,

I just bought a FL-50R on eBay. It's got everything in the box but missing the lambency diffuser/bounce adapter. The genuine FLBA-1 diffuser seems 10 dearer than the cheapest alternative on eBay.
Should I insist that the seller refund the price of a genuine diffuser (what I asked) or the cheaper alternative (what the seller suggested)? Is there a difference in quality between the 2?
I would be inclined to think that it's just a piece of plastic. But it's also important to get skin tones right or not get any bad casts.

Rutwij

Naughty Nigel
30th September 2013, 07:54 AM
If a diffuser looks white it should give a white light.

I have used white tissue paper before now when I haven't had a proper diffuser to hand!

Ross the fiddler
30th September 2013, 11:19 AM
The difference with the ebay ones are that they would probably fit a nikon flash better (maybe) & they have no clip on lugs like the Olympus one does, but they still work all the same. I bought the generic one for my FL50 flash at the time as it wasn't an inclusion with that model (at least that was the case with the one I bought), but was included with the FL50R flash as well as the deflector.