PDA

View Full Version : hello and help

del
11th August 2008, 02:54 PM
Hi all, my first time on here so hello to all I just got my e510 really happy with it but think a may have done something silly or maybe a fault with camera. I cannot get it to select the custom reset so i can set it up the way i want either i have done something silly or i got to return camera so if anyone can help it woulkd be great!! del:)

Makonde
11th August 2008, 03:11 PM
Hi all, my first time on here so hello to all I just got my e510 really happy with it but think a may have done something silly or maybe a fault with camera. I cannot get it to select the custom reset so i can set it up the way i want either i have done something silly or i got to return camera so if anyone can help it woulkd be great!! del:)

Hi Del

I was puzzling over this the other day with my 520 though the manual is not the clearest on this point.

You can't access custom reset in auto mode. Set the knob to P or another user-dominated mode.

Assuming the 510 is like the 520, then Custom Reset has three reset choices but as received, you have only the factory settings. You can have two different customised sets of settings of your own as well. To do that you first have to register them in My Mode. Then you'll see that the two additional settings have the 'Set' option alongside them instead of 'No Data.'

That should do the trick.

Graham_of_Rainham
11th August 2008, 03:23 PM
Welcome to both of you, and well done on getting this sorted out so quick.

As with many things these days, it's so easy once you know how and when all else fails, ask someone. Here is always a good place to ask as there is bound to be someone that knows the answer

*chr

del
11th August 2008, 03:26 PM
Thanks for info, got it sorted you where right cant use custom reset mode in auto so problem sorted!!! thank you for help..:)

PeterD
11th August 2008, 03:35 PM
Welcome to you both. I must admit its pretty impressive when two new members post and solve problems between themselves*chr. Is this the first time this has happened?

Well now thats all sorted out, look forward to seeing some posts in foto fare.

Cheers

Peter

del
11th August 2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the nice welcome from both Peter d and Makonde ,I only just joined and i feel at home, del:)

Makonde
11th August 2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the nice welcome from both Peter d and Makonde ,I only just joined and i feel at home, del:)

Glad it's sorted.

By the way Del, if you don't know it already there is a very good article on settings for the E510 (also of relevance to the 520) here. (http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/e510-sett.html). In fact wrotniak's website is full of interesting stuff for Olympus users...

PeterD
11th August 2008, 06:28 PM

You are very welcome and Makonde's advice re the wrotniak's website is spot on. His various descriptions of the camera settings and recommendations that he gives, have provided many of us with a good baseline from which to refine the settings. This was particularly useful for E3 owners but also I found the descriptions on the E500 very useful.

Peter