PDA

View Full Version : All those plastic bits around the flash shoe

bitingmidge
6th April 2013, 04:18 AM
What am I supposed to do with them? :D

Does anyone ever bother replacing the hot shoe, plug and flash covers once they are off? Should I just stick them in a plastic bag back in the box the camera came in, and forget about them until sale time?

Cheers,

P

brian1208
6th April 2013, 06:38 AM
I've lost the hot-shoe cover but am not worried by that but do make sure that the port cover is always safe as that covers on entry into the body of the camera - wouldn't want water in there !

Ross the fiddler
6th April 2013, 06:38 AM
What am I supposed to do with them? :D

Does anyone ever bother replacing the hot shoe, plug and flash covers once they are off? Should I just stick them in a plastic bag back in the box the camera came in, and forget about them until sale time?

Cheers,

P

The little flash pouch is useful for keeping these things (& in a small zip lock plastic bag as well maybe) which I just keep in my camera bag, but if the small flash is not being used, then the accessories port needs to be covered for weather proofing & also the hotshoe has a hole for the locking pin which could let water get in. Whatever you do, keep those bits safe or you might wish you had later.

CJJE
6th April 2013, 12:57 PM
The little flash pouch is useful for keeping these things (& in a small zip lock plastic bag as well maybe) which I just keep in my camera bag, but if the small flash is not being used, then the accessories port needs to be covered for weather proofing & also the hotshoe has a hole for the locking pin which could let water get in. Whatever you do, keep those bits safe or you might wish you had later.

Yep, I put them in a smal ziplock bag when removed from the camera to fit the flash. The bag then goes in the tiddly black fabric bag.