PDA

View Full Version : Challange # 55 - Still Life and Coffee

Chevvyf1
26th March 2013, 09:32 AM
The theme for the next challenge is something we have plenty of 24/7 :eek: it may be an indoor or outdoor image STILL LIFE and COFFEE

Please send your entries to me by E-mail: Chevvyf1 at gmail dot com before midnight Friday 26 April 2013

General rules:
==================

Max. 800 pixels in width or height
Up to 512KB
EXIF intact
Taken by you on an E-series (4/3 or m4/3) camera between 26 March 2013 and 26 APRIL 2013.
Include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.
Full rules:
==================
1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between 26 MARCH and 26 APRIL 2013 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery after 26 APRIL 2013. We will vote in the week following, results announced soon after voting closes. More reminders and details nearer the date.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :

Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
Must be jpg format and no more than 800 pixels on the longest edge
Must have been taken on an Olympus E-* camera
Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.
4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:

Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.

Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.

Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.

Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Tordan58
26th March 2013, 01:09 PM
Chevy,

There seems to be a contradiction regarding dates. The body text says:

"1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between 10 February and 10 March 2013 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery after 10 March 2013. "

10 March 2013 was two weeks ago...

Chevvyf1
26th March 2013, 01:28 PM
Chevy,

There seems to be a contradiction regarding dates. The body text says:

"1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between 10 February and 10 March 2013 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery after 10 March 2013. "

10 March 2013 was two weeks ago...

THANKS Tord ... I copied and pasted from Rogers :( *chr

Wee man
26th March 2013, 02:11 PM
Number 58 gets the prize for spotting the deliberate mistake!

Chevvyf1
26th March 2013, 03:27 PM
Number 58 gets the prize for spotting the deliberate mistake!

Ed, please tell ?

Chevvyf1
27th March 2013, 08:26 AM
Duh :o Just got it :o

Stressed out yesterday ... off to the Quay at Mudeford & Christchurch Mill and Brians Expo - with out darling little ones for a Culture Day out :) :eek:

Chevvyf1
5th April 2013, 05:18 PM
Nudge! ;) Nudge! ;) :eek: Just to bump the thread

I thought a Still Life, probably indoors due to ghastly weather would be a good idea. I am not so sure now :eek: NO entries so far. :( :( :(

Anyone going to enter ? please :D

tomphotofx
5th April 2013, 05:48 PM
Will do my best to get an image to you before the closing date.

Tom:D

Graham_of_Rainham
5th April 2013, 06:31 PM
Rule 3c catches me out yet again... :o

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/Coffee_and_Still_Life.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/59139)

My "always with me" is now the XZ-1

*chr

shirley
5th April 2013, 06:34 PM
Nudge! ;) Nudge! ;) :eek: Just to bump the thread

I thought a Still Life, probably indoors due to ghastly weather would be a good idea. I am not so sure now :eek: NO entries so far. :( :( :(

Anyone going to enter ? please :D

Yes, I am expecting to get something to you soon.

Still a while until the closing date, so I am sure there will be a competition. *yes

shirley
6th April 2013, 11:41 AM
Entry sent to email address!!

Chevvyf1
6th April 2013, 11:46 AM
Thank You for the Entries :)

More WELCOME *chr

Chevvyf1
7th April 2013, 08:36 PM
Will do my best to get an image to you before the closing date.

Tom:D

Looking forward to receiving it Tom :)

al_kaholik
8th April 2013, 07:57 AM
I always look silly breaking out the 14-54 on a coffee and pastry!

I like the idea of this though, will have to have a crack

Chevvyf1
8th April 2013, 08:35 AM
I always look silly breaking out the 14-54 on a coffee and pastry!

I like the idea of this though, will have to have a crack

:D Looking forward to seeing it :)

alfbranch
13th April 2013, 09:14 PM
Rule 3c catches me out yet again... :o

My "always with me" is now the XZ-1

*chr

Graham
You are not the only one have this with the XZ-1 I have too.

Chevvyf1
14th April 2013, 08:44 PM
MORE Entries required :)

Alf I have not received one from you

Nor Alcoholik :)

Nor Graham :)

Nor Tordan :)

and Tom :)

I'm waiting ... and any others looking in :) PLEASE send an entry :)

tomphotofx
14th April 2013, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the reminder Chevvy, I'm on the case :)

Tom

Chevvyf1
15th April 2013, 07:32 AM
Thank You Tom :)

al_kaholik
15th April 2013, 12:51 PM
I was planning on Saturday, then got distracted as I was intending to take on Sunday. There was something yellow and glowy in the sky...

I haven't forgotten :)

Chevvyf1
15th April 2013, 02:00 PM
I was planning on Saturday, then got distracted as I was intending to take on Sunday. There was something yellow and glowy in the sky...

I haven't forgotten :)

YES ! THAT Yellow thing in the SKY probably SHOCKED my E-5 into KAPUTT mode :(

alfbranch
17th April 2013, 11:06 AM
MORE Entries required :)
Alf I have not received one from you

I have yet to take a shot that qualifies as my wonderful little XZ-1 is not allowed to enter.

Chevvyf1
17th April 2013, 11:17 AM
I have yet to take a shot that qualifies as my wonderful little XZ-1 is not allowed to enter.

well, Alf I am looking forward to receiving it :) Given your amazing talents with liquid :)

alfbranch
19th April 2013, 09:30 PM
well, Alf I am looking forward to receiving it :) Given your amazing talents with liquid :)

I have to say i hate coffee but I have come with an entry I just its not too far off the mark.

Chevvyf1
25th April 2013, 11:21 AM
Some very great entries received :) from YOU know who :eek:

Hear! Ye! Hear Ye! *chr *chr come along, LATE ENTRIES only until Friday @ MIDNIGHT :eek:

a timely reminder for a few not received YET :D but promised *yes

Nor Alcoholik :D

Nor Graham :D

Nor Tordan :D

tomphotofx
26th April 2013, 12:45 AM
Just sent you my entry "Coffee_and_Chocolate", sorry it's near the deadline.

All the best.

Tom*chr

al_kaholik
26th April 2013, 07:35 AM
Seems that things have conspired against me :( Sorry Chevvy. Seeing as coffee takes up a great portion of my time I thought it'd be easy but it hasn't been

Chevvyf1
26th April 2013, 07:47 PM
Wooo ! Late LAST entries may be sent to me until MIDNIGHT :D

as I am early to bed and early to rise ... most days but ... having a lay in as its Saturday :D I will upload the entries for VOTING tomorrow ... and

THEN HASSLE :eek: :eek: :eek: YOU ALL to VOTE :cool:

Thanks to all the Entrants :) High Quality compositions each and every one *chr

Janet
26th April 2013, 08:18 PM
So sorry Chevvy, but work, illness and babysitting duties means that I'm not going to make your deadline...

Best intentions, but I just couldn't manage it this month.

Janet

Chevvyf1
26th April 2013, 08:43 PM
All best thoughts entries are gratefully received as much as actual entries :) :) :)