PDA

View Full Version : Olympus UK Easter Offer

rsh1960
25th March 2013, 05:31 PM
Over the Easter bank holiday weekend we are giving buyers of the award-winning OM-D E-M5 an extra treat or two. Not only will the existing free accessory offer be extended over this period but there will also be a great saving on the OM-D itself.

To celebrate the Easter break, we are extending their offer on free accessories (worth up to 330) when bought with the OM-D to midnight on April 1st from the original end date of March 31st. This fantastic offer allows purchasers of the OM-D to get a head start with their camera kit by offering up the choice of either a free HLD-6 Battery Grip or the much lauded M.ZUIKO 45mm 1:1.8 portrait lens as well as an essential spare battery.

On top of this, from Good Friday (March 29th) OM-D customers will get a saving of 150 off bodies and kits. This means that the body will be available for 849.99 while the M.ZUIKO 12-50mm lens kit can be bought for 999.99. Add this to the free accessories and new OM-D users can save a potential 480 off the recommended purchase price.

More information on the offer will be available to view on www.olympus.co.uk/promotions very soon

Ian
25th March 2013, 05:45 PM
Beat me to it :)

I will make this a sticky...

Ian

rutwij
26th March 2013, 05:35 PM
yess!!! good things do come to those who wait!

sapper
26th March 2013, 06:46 PM
Over the Easter bank holiday weekend we are giving buyers of the award-winning OM-D E-M5 an extra treat or two. Not only will the existing free accessory offer be extended over this period but there will also be a great saving on the OM-D itself.

To celebrate the Easter break, we are extending their offer on free accessories (worth up to 330) when bought with the OM-D to midnight on April 1st from the original end date of March 31st. This fantastic offer allows purchasers of the OM-D to get a head start with their camera kit by offering up the choice of either a free HLD-6 Battery Grip or the much lauded M.ZUIKO 45mm 1:1.8 portrait lens as well as an essential spare battery.

On top of this, from Good Friday (March 29th) OM-D customers will get a saving of 150 off bodies and kits. This means that the body will be available for 849.99 while the M.ZUIKO 12-50mm lens kit can be bought for 999.99. Add this to the free accessories and new OM-D users can save a potential 480 off the recommended purchase price.

More information on the offer will be available to view on www.olympus.co.uk/promotions very soon

Is that correct, the 12-50mm lens for 999.99, seems expensive to me.

Bikie John
26th March 2013, 07:03 PM
It's the "12-50mm lens kit" not "kit lens" Dave!

At least, I would hope it is......

John

sapper
26th March 2013, 07:16 PM
Ahhhh, missed the word 'kit'.

StephenL
26th March 2013, 07:49 PM
Ahhhh, missed the word 'kit'.

Were you hoping the value of your lens had shot up so you could make a killing, Dave? ;). :D

sapper
26th March 2013, 09:08 PM
Were you hoping the value of your lens had shot up so you could make a killing, Dave? ;). :D

Well yes Stephen, now I have the 25mm, 45mm, I need a 12mm so was hoping to finance it by selling the 12-50mm. A bit disappointed.

rutwij
27th March 2013, 12:23 AM
Amazon UK's price for the kit is already at £1050. I wonder if they will drop it by £150 to £900 or if they will only drop it by £50. I can only hope the discount is in the form of a cash back rebate, so it will mean a kit for £900 :)

Rutwij

Pierre L
27th March 2013, 05:39 AM
I may be speaking out of turn here, but remember that the offer is related to UK stock. If a supplier's stock is from Germany or the USA, I don't think the offer would apply. I am not in the market because I already have an E-M5 bought the best part of a year ago (from Park Cameras).

rutwij
29th March 2013, 12:15 AM
It's Good Friday already and still no update from Oly. Is this promotion definitely happening? Or am I just being a tad bit impatient? :)

Pierre L
29th March 2013, 12:39 AM
The offer is visible here:

http://www.parkcameras.com/Search/Olympus-OM-D---E-M5/

According to Park Cameras front page http://www.parkcameras.com/ this price is good until 1st April. It is shown as being in stock in both black and silver, with or without kit lens.

I assume that the offer is also available at other Olympus dealers(I have a feeling the original announcement may have said "Elite" dealers only).

Pierre L
29th March 2013, 07:02 AM
I just had a look at SRS Microsystems (another Olympus Elite Centre) and they have the special price as well.
http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/7411/Olympus-OM-D-E-M5-Black-Camera-with-12-50mm-Lens.html

NickLeon
29th March 2013, 09:01 AM
The offer is certainly happening and well worth a look. SRS, Park Cameras, and Ffordes all have it on their sites, Cameraworld and other dealers will have it as well I expect. That'll be 1 E-M5 body in black and the 45mm to follow for me please.
One detail, there might be stock problems on certain combinations so get on with it.

rutwij
29th March 2013, 11:57 AM
This morning Amazonco.uk also reflected the special price, so ordered it off trusty Amazon! Also ordered the FT adapter, the 45mm and the 12 mm. I'll get the grip from Oly using the promotion. OM-D, here I come!

rutwij
30th March 2013, 01:40 PM
Just wondering about something... wen though I ordered the om-d yesterday, it won't be delivered until next week, and I only get charged when Amazon dispatch it. Do I still get to claim the promotional offer?

Rutwij

NickLeon
30th March 2013, 02:07 PM
You need to check on that pronto - the add in AP states that the promo is valid until 01/04/13.

rutwij
1st April 2013, 11:31 AM
I contacted Amazon and they confirmed that the receipt will indicate the order date rather than the dispatch date. Phew! :)

Rutwij