PDA

View Full Version : Sigma 10 -20?

Garrie
6th August 2008, 11:10 PM
Hey all,

Thinking about posting a review of the sigma 10 - 20 F4 that I have.

I love the lens, sharp as a knife for what I use it for, however what sorta tests do I need to perform to give usefull and factual info about this lens?

Not many people have the 10 - 20 in 4/3rds formats from what I gather..

I'm more than happy to post examples but how I go about doing so? Lens review is something very new to me.

Cheers
G

blu-by-u
7th August 2008, 01:13 AM
Do post up a review...if possible a comparison with the ZD 11-22.

theMusicMan
7th August 2008, 05:47 AM
Hey Garrie

There's a document somewhere, I think it might even be on e-group in some threads, that is a test sheet and has pre-printed text, lines and circles that, to do a review, one should take at different distances and apertures.

As far as I can remember this is the better way to do a review of a lens, however, if you're willing to do a review, then I for one would be happy with whatever method/process you adopted to show the pros and cons of the lens. Do you have the 11-22mm...? As blu-by-u suggested, it would be great if you were able to do a comparison of the 11-22mm.

CaptainD
7th August 2008, 03:53 PM
Dear Garrie,

Please do post a review based on your findings with the lens. I always enjoy (and prefer) reading reviews that our based on real peoples thoughts and experiences rather than techno lab based reviews.

Cheers

Chris *chr

Garrie
16th August 2008, 04:06 PM
I'm slowly getting round to this, got some test charts printed off.

I don't have the 11 - 22 as I just couldn't afford it so opted for the sigma 10 - 20 instead which I got new for less than 300.

It would be great to compare the 2 lenses, anyone in the Glasgow/Falkirk/Edinburgh area that has a 11 - 22 want to meet up one day and compare them?

Cheers
G

nad
16th August 2008, 05:32 PM
Gerrie

John Foster has a ZD11-22 review: http://www.biofos.com/esystem/1122test.html

And do Andrzej Wrotniak: http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/zd-011-022.html

So why not make it in live with those two -same principles - which would make some degree of comparison possible.

niels

Dicky
11th November 2008, 01:33 PM
i have a sigma 10-20 mm lens and i love it .. it spends more time on my E300 than any other lens i have some pics i took with it in Whitby a few weeks ago on my gallery ..the only thing with the elens that causes some difficulty is the massive convergeing verticals but that would be the same on any wide angle lens this size exept for a shift lens.. i correct it in photoshop..