PDA

View Full Version : Hi Folks

Paul G
6th August 2008, 09:35 AM
Just joined the group having found it in a foraging session on Google.

I joined the digital age some years ago with, what seemed at the time very expensive, Olympus compact when my 35mm SLR turned up its toes after 30 years of faithfull service. But I still hankered after the versitily of an SLR. So when the E-500 with two lenses kit was launched I took the plunge and haven't regreted for a moment.

Recently I have been buying more lenses as my interests expand. Why does it take so long for Sigma to bring out 4/3 lenses almost as a last thought.

Hope to start showing some of my work soon and join in the on the forum when I pluck up the courage.

Ian
6th August 2008, 09:44 AM
Just joined the group having found it in a foraging session on Google.

I joined the digital age some years ago with, what seemed at the time very expensive, Olympus compact when my 35mm SLR turned up its toes after 30 years of faithfull service. But I still hankered after the versitily of an SLR. So when the E-500 with two lenses kit was launched I took the plunge and haven't regreted for a moment.

Recently I have been buying more lenses as my interests expand. Why does it take so long for Sigma to bring out 4/3 lenses almost as a last thought.

Hope to start showing some of my work soon and join in the on the forum when I pluck up the courage.

Hi Paul - welcome to the site! :)

Sigma is actually a relatively small family run company and they logically apply their manufacturing resource to where there is most demand, most of the time, and that is to Canon and Nikon compatible lenses. So it's impressive that they have devoted some of this precious resource to the up and coming Four Thirds standard. Sigma's Four Thirds contribution is actually already quite substantial and growing steadily. But yes, the wait for new models and for new batches of stock of existing models, continues to be longer than ideal.

Ian

Graham_of_Rainham
6th August 2008, 10:43 AM
Hi Paul,

Welcome aboard. I too have a similar history and kit so look forward to seeing your pictures.

*chr

Guy_P
6th August 2008, 11:11 AM
Wellcome to this excellent side, looking forward to see some of your picture here. You donīt have to pluck up tyour courage, because on this site everybody is friendley

CaptainD
6th August 2008, 11:12 AM
Welcome aboard, the forum it is a very interesting place to visit. Lots of useful information and best of all lots of images to enjoy. I look forward to veiwing yours.

Cheers

Chris *chr

Ellie
6th August 2008, 09:13 PM
http://www.chins-n-quills.com/forums/images/smilies/hello3.gif nice to meet you :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here.

theMusicMan
7th August 2008, 06:07 AM
Welcome indeed Paul, thanks for joining and signing up. Looking forward to seeing some of your shots.

fulhamphil
7th August 2008, 07:40 AM
Hi Paul, The E500 is a great camera, look forward to seeing your work soon, regards, Phil.:)

sapper
7th August 2008, 09:16 AM
Hi Paul.
Welcome, this is a great forum.