PDA

View Full Version : Interesting commentary from Kirk Tuck

Swordfish
16th March 2013, 10:32 PM
Just read this post on the ever readable blog by Kirk Tuck.

Sums it all up very nicely I think.

http://visualsciencelab.blogspot.co.uk/#!/2013/03/the-best-systems-for-walking-around.html

Martin

Imageryone
16th March 2013, 11:25 PM
Good to see Olympus being lauded by the Pros again.

IamFisheye
17th March 2013, 08:28 AM
Kirk has been praising m.4/3 since the EP-1.

OlyPaul
17th March 2013, 08:49 AM
Yea I love reading Kirk's blog, but he does seem to go back and forth on the equipment and the artistry (the seeing) as if he is having a battle with his self.:)

I think this quote from a passage from Vincent Versace's "From Oz To Kansas": sums it up nicely

"Photography is the only art form in which many artists first fall in love with an image, and then spend the rest of their time pursuing its technical aspects,
as if it is there that they will find the secret to successful imagery.

Painters do not have 'Popular Paint Brush' magazine, and sculptors do not go to 'Chisel World' and sit around discussing bit depth".

David M
17th March 2013, 01:45 PM
Can't read the blog as this Blackberry won't display it. For some reason it doesn't like displaying blogs and some other types of web pages.

But Paul makes a very good point, what happened to the photo mags that were about photos.

sapper
17th March 2013, 02:37 PM
Can't read the blog as this Blackberry won't display it. For some reason it doesn't like displaying blogs and some other types of web pages.

But Paul makes a very good point, what happened to the photo mags that were about photos.

Black & White Photography & Outdoor Photography don't spend a lot of time on gear, B/W especially is about images.

David M
17th March 2013, 02:49 PM
I remember Camera, launched in the late 70's if I recall correctly. It was a larger format than other mags at the time and featured portfolios of photographers work. It was rebranded as Creative Photography in the mid 80's before it disappeared. That was the last photo mag that was a must read for me.

StephenL
17th March 2013, 05:59 PM
His article referring the E-M5 makes interesting and balanced reading. I was surprised at his comments re the Nikon D800. I'd never thought about it that way.