PDA

View Full Version : Chainsaw Massacre

DerekW
3rd March 2013, 11:03 PM
A good friend was massacred the other day.

See

http://youtu.be/Sz9C5UizRpk

Use HD720 you might have to reset the video to the beginning

Imageryone
3rd March 2013, 11:15 PM
I always stand in awe of these experts, but they make a perfect photo opportunity. Bet it seems light in the house now?

IainMacD
3rd March 2013, 11:24 PM
Interesting photos and footage, I have never seen one of those stump removers before.

Wee man
4th March 2013, 09:29 AM
They do a great job had one removed form front of the house a while back the extra light is super. great shots like the chips flying from the chainsaw.

DerekW
4th March 2013, 09:45 AM
Lots more light in the house but the two main reasons for removing the tree was the roots lifting the drive and the fear that if it blew over in a storm, the roots would lift out of the ground damaging the side road (which we all paid to have made up) and the drive and also would probably give the house an unwelcome makeover.

I am pleased the root grinder sequence was interesting, it is like watching a pre-historic beast working it's way thru the undergrowth.

However as we had planted the tree when it was about 2 foot high and watched it grow into a very stately tree it was very sad to have to have it removed.

Wee man
4th March 2013, 09:56 AM
Yes understand we planted our tree when our oldest daughter was born, and another when our youngest was born. both left home one tree left cheaper to keep!

Chevvyf1
4th March 2013, 11:14 AM
Great for fab logs and wood carving too :) *chr

Chevvyf1
4th March 2013, 11:16 AM
Derek did you have to get planning to remove it ? or was it classified as Dead; Dying or Dangerous ?

Graptolite
4th March 2013, 02:31 PM
Blimey I've got two of those in the garden. If that's the height they'll end up then maybe I should take them down now! :eek:

DerekW
4th March 2013, 02:51 PM
The tree can grow to 75 metres - ours was 15 metres tall

As for planning - what planning, we live in an area of outstanding unnatural ugliness. The tree was very healthy - just outgrown its welcome and the roots were damaging the drive and potentially the private road

We planted the tree so we reserve the right to unplant it - if any stroppy chap comes along and demands that we will replace it we will plant another sapling and say - OK now wait for 30 odd years.

The wood that was not chipped has been claimed by the neighbours to either burn or turn in to ornaments.

Chevvyf1
4th March 2013, 04:57 PM
Blimey I've got two of those in the garden. If that's the height they'll end up then maybe I should take them down now! :eek:

David :eek: thats EXACTLY what I thought we planted a dear 5ft one a few years back ... its soo lovely they grow anti clockwise you know :)

Melaka
4th March 2013, 07:39 PM
Whatever 'appened to elf and safe tea? No hat or hearing protectors!

DerekW
4th March 2013, 11:02 PM
They were wearing protective clothing

theMusicMan
4th March 2013, 11:32 PM
Very much enjoyed watching that Derek. Thanks for posting.

DerekW
5th March 2013, 09:18 AM
Thank you glad you enjoyed it - it was all put together with the E5 and Aperture.