PDA

View Full Version : The biggest gathering of Olympus shooters worldwide?

alert_bri
3rd August 2008, 03:02 PM
Hello everyone,

I am so excited about our first ever International Event next Saturday - we'll be meeting at 10am for The London Triathlon here :

Google Map Meeting Point (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&t=h&msa=0&msid=106478543555192071681.000451a5a3d65746758d7&ll=51.50817,0.025395&spn=0.001382,0.004109&z=19)

...and for the first time, it will be fantastic to see Olympus shooters, with their limited edition E-System photographers' vests everywhere you look :D

We will take a group shot on the steps, at the meeting point, at 10:15am - and I will look forward to posting possibly the biggest gathering of serious Olympus shooters worldwide!

If you haven't already registered with the group, now is the time! this will be our most exciting event yet - we're aiming for more than 100 Olympus UKPSG members to make it to the event... we will be splitting into small groups to cover the Triathlon (an amazing, inspirational event) and also heading into town for a number of great locations (being planned this week - with expert local knowledge!)

I'm also working on a very special surprise :))) - anyone in the group will know by now, that we always overdeliver on our promise!

Kind Regards

Brian

Jim Ford
3rd August 2008, 04:08 PM
Interesting venue - Excel Centre.

My daughter did this triathlon a couple of times. Before her first one, we went to check out the course. When we looked at the Victoria Dock where they do the swimming leg, I said to her that I expected that they would skim off all the plastic shopping and crisp bags before the event! She wasn't too happy about that, but came the day and the dock was quite clean (but I wouldn't like to drink from it!).

Jim

alert_bri
3rd August 2008, 04:16 PM
Well Jim, I can assure you that the water was lovely last year... when I swam the 750m leg as part of a relay - and the weather was glorious too!

I've been concentrating on building the Safari Group this year, but now that we have some serious momentum building, I am happy to say that I'll be getting back into training for next year!

Kind Regards

Brian

Invicta
4th August 2008, 08:00 PM
Not sure what the collective noun is for a group of Olympus photographers but it sounds great to get so many together.

I'll aim to join for the Saturday, just need to figure out the best way to get across London.

jchallen
8th August 2008, 11:03 PM
Just a quick note to let you know I am hopeful that I may meet up with some of you tomorrow.

I will be working at the triathlon over the weekend as part of the Ambulance Service command team so I can't really say where I will be and when but I know I will be covering the outside area excluding the swim/dock.

Anyway I will be packing my camera just in case I do get a chance to grab some shots (I'm sure the boss won't mind too much). So if you see a tired looking ambulance chap wandering around looking at all the nice Olympus gear it's probably me so just say hello.

If I am free I will try to make it to the meeting point at 10.00.

Hope you all have a great day, it certainly makes for a spectacle and there’s plenty of opportunity for some good shots.

Jason

alert_bri
12th August 2008, 12:03 PM
Hi Jason, sorry we missed you...
http://www.pbase.com/bmosley/image/101556478/original.jpg

We had a cracking event - just coordinating the follow up report now. Our CLA Country Fair report is almost ready to publish.

Kind Regards

Brian

DerekC
12th August 2008, 03:00 PM
I certainly was a good event.
New and regular members of the group meeting up for this event.
Everybody split up to get different view points of the event, as there were so many places to photograph the action.
Around nearly every corner you bumped into another member of the group. Black Olympus e sysyem photo vest popping up all over.
I was great to see Olympus cameras out numbering the others.
Again the group received great support from Olympus UK hats off to them.

Roll on the next event.

Derek C

HughofBardfield
12th August 2008, 03:52 PM
It was indeed a very good session, and luckily we managed to get in several hours before the rain set in!

There were quite a few others who turned up after the group pic (and I cunningly managed to hide behind someone, I see :eek: ) so the final total of Olys must have been much higher.

Many thanks to Brian for organising a splendid event.

johnwb
12th August 2008, 07:33 PM
Well done Brian (alert bri), excellant event. Please thank Olympus on our behalf for their support and interest in the Photo Safari Group. Full marks for their sponsorship. It was good to be amongst other 'Oly Users', meet all the other members especially those from the USA and Belgium, use borrowed lenses, and generally learn more about the e-system. Truely an International event.

To all those non-members out there, come and join us. Here is the link:

http://www.ukphotosafari.org

Do it now, sign up and attend your next local event. The website will show you where it is, the date and what time to meet.

JohnWB