PDA

View Full Version : E-pl5 firmware upgrade

terryw
18th February 2013, 11:07 AM
Hi All E-PL5 owners/users

Has anyone successfully updated the E-PL5's firmware to 1.1, and were there any subsequent problems (cf. the OM-D firmware upgrade problem)?

I really don't fancy doing unnecessary damage to my expensive new toy.

Terry

StephenL
18th February 2013, 12:33 PM
As far as I'm aware there were no problems with the OM-D upgrade which weren't caused by users not following the instructions. It's still a mystery why the upgrade was pulled.

So, what I'm saying is, go for it but read the instructions many times and do it with a freshly-charged battery. Do not switch off or disconnect the camera until the message on the back screen says the operation has been completed.

terryw
18th February 2013, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the info Stephen. I feel much happier after that advice.

It also goes to show just how skewed information can be (re-the OM-D firmware)

Terry

gregles
18th February 2013, 06:36 PM
You go first Terry*yes

Let us know how it goes please:cool:

OlyPaul
23rd February 2013, 11:16 AM
Just updated mine, no problems and very quick.:)

Graham_of_Rainham
23rd February 2013, 04:30 PM
Seems to take a while downloading the software to the computer and doing all the verifications, but the transfer from computer to camera is quite quick.

All went well :)

yorky
23rd February 2013, 07:28 PM
What improvements does the upgrade do please?

Graham_of_Rainham
23rd February 2013, 11:28 PM
version 1.1 firmware for the new E-Pl5 and E-PM2. It fixes the following issue:
- Unstable exposure, while using lenses that cannot communicate with cameras (such as OM or body cap lenses), has been improved.

As I use the OM Bellows Macro and the Sigma 400mm & 600mm on these bodies it may well help...

jamaljan
8th June 2014, 02:25 PM
What improvements does the upgrade do please?

I've the same question. Can someone who has upgraded the firmware, please let us know... :)

Graham_of_Rainham
8th June 2014, 04:03 PM
The camera works well with an 800mm Sigma and the OM 24mm

Haven't noticed any problems or to be honest any difference since updating to v1.1

byegad
9th June 2014, 03:09 PM
Speaking as someone who had a disaster with an EPM1 which died after rebooting the new update....

No worries, as has been said make sure your battery is fully charged and read the instructions carefully as they come up. Since my disaster I've updated another EPM1, an EPL5, EP3, E500, E510 and an OM-D E M10 without incident.

Why my first EPM1 died I don't know but I returned it and it was replaced by the dealer so apart from the worry, no harm done to my pocket.