PDA

View Full Version : Jessica

B.P.S Studios
1st August 2008, 05:58 PM
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/503/medium/P5120286-2-web.jpg

Nick Temple-Fry
5th August 2008, 07:48 AM
I'm not sure what this photograph is saying.

The bent back stance is reminiscent of the famous 'pregnant man' photos, is she regretting the consequences of an ill considered night?.

Is she looking down in love at a toddler who has just rubbed his muddy hands down the bottom half of her coat.

Is she the troubled heroine of a Barbara Cartland novel.

I like images that make me ask questions - but this is too open for my taste, it might work well with an advertising strap line; but not, for me, standing alone.

Sorry - maybe a bit harsh, I like being intrigued but have trouble being perplexed.

Nick

knikki
5th August 2008, 08:02 AM
I kind of like this image, I like the isolation of the girl, the way you are wondering what she is thinking, I like the space in front of her.

But I find that she has a halo effect around her as if over sharpened? also do not like the brown to grey effect from left to right of the image, just does not work for me.

Would be interested to see the colour or straight black white converstion of it :)

B.P.S Studios
6th August 2008, 02:06 AM
I'm not sure what this photograph is saying.

The bent back stance is reminiscent of the famous 'pregnant man' photos, is she regretting the consequences of an ill considered night?.

Is she looking down in love at a toddler who has just rubbed his muddy hands down the bottom half of her coat.

Is she the troubled heroine of a Barbara Cartland novel.

I like images that make me ask questions - but this is too open for my taste, it might work well with an advertising strap line; but not, for me, standing alone.

Sorry - maybe a bit harsh, I like being intrigued but have trouble being perplexed.

Nick
Dont look now Nick, but just made you ask 2 questions. Not the kind of questions I would have had in mind though. I don't consider your response harsh at all, but it does make me wonder what prompted a meaningless response such as this, with the exception of the last sentence.

OlyPaul
8th August 2008, 10:12 AM
I like this one from the different slightly surreal post processing and the pose to the questions this image makes me think of.works for me.:)

I agree about tha halos detracting from the image, but sometimes this is just down to sharpening for the web ( I'll give you the benifit of the doubt ;) )

A tip to deal with halos from sharpening is to sharpen on a copy layer then use a layer mask to erase the sharpened (halo'd) edges. :)